400 TD passes

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
porky88 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
Further evidence of the declining skills of old man Favre:

He is only 4th in the league in yardage.
He is only 3rd in the league in TD passes.
He has only the 3rd longest pass of the year.
He only leads the league in one category, number of completions.

When you no longer are number 1 but just a top 5 QB there is just no point in continuing to play. ESPN really is right, he should just quit because he is old news.

I like the fact Favre looks like he's having fun. Win or lose he's having fun again. It sucks to lose but it appears he's looking forward to the next game.

I also like the fact he's managing the game much better. Your not seeing those throws into double and triple coverage. Your seeing Favre put the ball where it needs to be and the skill players doing the rest.

Favre definitely looks like he can play until he's 40. Lol maybe he will be around long enough to see Hawk, Jennings, Collins, and all the other younger player hit their prime.

Porky,

I guess last year he just lost his skills and forgot how to play the game.

But they magically came back now that he's another year older, right?

Can't be any other explanation...

Point out where I said he lost all his skills.

It was his decision making and trying to do to much that was his downfall last year.

Not Brett Favre slowing down because of age.

Of course he's not going to be as good as he was in 1996 and that's to be expected but he's showed he's still capable of playing at an elite level these last 2 weeks.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree the most optimistic thing is seeing how excited Brett seems to play again cause it seems his performance is linked to how interested he is mentally.Last year he seemed to lose interest but now if he can get fired up again he definately still has the skills to be right up there. As for Marino whining isn't he to busy bragging about his sex life in those new commercials. LOL

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
majikman said:
porky88 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

When you no longer are number 1 but just a top 5 QB there is just no point in continuing to play. ESPN really is right, he should just quit because he is old news.

I like the fact Favre looks like he's having fun. Win or lose he's having fun again. It sucks to lose but it appears he's looking forward to the next game.

I also like the fact he's managing the game much better. Your not seeing those throws into double and triple coverage. Your seeing Favre put the ball where it needs to be and the skill players doing the rest.

Favre definitely looks like he can play until he's 40. Lol maybe he will be around long enough to see Hawk, Jennings, Collins, and all the other younger player hit their prime.

Porky,

It was his decision making and trying to do to much that was his downfall last year.

Of course he's not going to be as good as he was in 1996 and that's to be expected but he's showed he's still capable of playing at an elite level these last 2 weeks.

Like I said Porky.."those things just came back to him this year from losing them last year"?

You just don't get it, do you. Like somehow, you think the Packers could have won last year.

It was the TEAM that sucked last year Porky.

Say it, and you will feel better. The Green Bay Packers SUCKED last year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
porky88 said:
majikman said:
porky88 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

Porky,

Like I said Porky.."those things just came back to him this year from losing them last year"?

You just don't get it, do you. Like somehow, you think the Packers could have won last year.

It was the TEAM that sucked last year Porky.

Say it, and you will feel better. The Green Bay Packers SUCKED last year.

You are the exact clone of some other member here that is no longer here. That last line was said once before and now I wonder...

Again point out where I said the Packers were going to be good last year.

Also point out where I said Favre lost all his skills.

There is the physical part of football and the mental part of football. I question Favre's mentality last year more than his physical aspects. I questioned it because he wasn't having fun and he was making awful decisions with the football. You can fix the mental part. You can't fix what you lost physically. Physically Favre was and always has been find.

Favre's decision making was very poor last year. It's not so far this year. Credit Favre for improving and credit McCarthy for working with Favre on it in practices which he has. Favre is also having fun and looks like he enjoys football again. That can go a long way in ANY players success.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

I agree Porky. Brett looks at film and admits he can do better. He realized in 04 he could be better prepared and his off season training helped in 05. Last year I was posting that Brett could play 5 more years and kept getting told last year was his last year.

I was speaking sarcasticly in my quoted post saying his skills diminished.
He still moves arund in the pocket and avoids sack(still in top third of least sacked QB's this year).

High quality QB's only come along once in awhile.
Look how long it took for:
the Colts to find Manning after Unitas.
the vikings have not had a good qb since Tarkington.
Bart Starr to Lynn ****ey to Brett Favre.

No Packer fan should want Brett to depart.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky said
There is the physical part of football and the mental part of football. I question Favre's mentality last year more than his physical aspects. I questioned it because he wasn't having fun and he was making awful decisions with the football. You can fix the mental part. You can't fix what you lost physically. Physically Favre was and always has been find.

Favre's decision making was very poor last year. It's not so far this year. Credit Favre for improving and credit McCarthy for working with Favre on it in practices which he has. Favre is also having fun and looks like he enjoys football again. That can go a long way in ANY players success.

Porky, this is total ********.

Unless you are a psychiatrist treating him, you know nothing about his "mental game" on the football field. This is laughable.

Favre played the way he did because he didn't have any options. The Packers sucked, so he threw the ball into coverage. What did he have to lose? There were no other options.

Maybe he enjoys things a little better because 4/5ths of his receiving corps isn't hurt this year and he's had a little time to work with them. I really think McCarthy had little to nothing to do with how Favre is playing this year. He's always played that way. Will you give credit to Coach Sherman for all the other years Favre had brought them to the playoffs?

One last thing. Put Favre on the Eagles with the talent that they have and Coach Reid, and he takes them to the SB. I doubt that will happen with Donovan McNabb ever again!

Favre is better than McNabb hands down. I don't see Donovan throwing for 400 TD's or on his way to Canton anytime soon--or ever, for that matter!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Porky said

Porky, this is total b.s..

Unless you are a psychiatrist treating him, you know nothing about his "mental game" on the football field. This is laughable.

Yeah Porky, I agree with Majik here. You have to be a psychiatrist tobe able to have an opinion here. Or coach kids in football.

Unless you do either, then sorry, take it to packersnews.coms forums.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, it's funny when people here have opinions on a subject so subjective as a player's "mental state" and pass them off as facts...

It's also funny when someone repeatedly obsesses on someone being a "coach" who is just posting his opinion on a Packer forum...

It makes wonder about their mental states...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
hmmm...how can i get this back on topic???

i know...marino SUX balls!!!

discuss. ;) :D

Well, first of all. Having a chick of that nature in your sig with balls and suck in the text of your post is NOT the way to get the thread back on topic ;)

400 TD's. Some say its not that big cuz of how long he's played. Others counter that he's that good to play that long and should be credited for his endurance and his high level of play. You decide which.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was hoping a lil sex talk might calm a few people down.;)

favre is awesome & anyone who says he isn't is a pile of ***** - decision made, zero! :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Porky, this is total b.s..

Favre played the way he did because he didn't have any options. The Packers sucked, so he threw the ball into coverage. What did he have to lose? There were no other options.

Maybe he enjoys things a little better because 4/5ths of his receiving corps isn't hurt this year and he's had a little time to work with them. I really think McCarthy had little to nothing to do with how Favre is playing this year. He's always played that way. Will you give credit to Coach Sherman for all the other years Favre had brought them to the playoffs?

One last thing. Put Favre on the Eagles with the talent that they have and Coach Reid, and he takes them to the SB. I doubt that will happen with Donovan McNabb ever again!

Favre is better than McNabb hands down. I don't see Donovan throwing for 400 TD's or on his way to Canton anytime soon--or ever, for that matter!

1st off I am not a psychiatrist so I can't professionally tell you if Favre was “happyâ€

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the arguing on this site is friggin ridiculous!

when we as packer fans cannot just be happy when our QB achieves this type of milestone - then the site is no longer about the packers but becomes about individual posters.

i'm NOT cool with that so cut the crap or your lil sex talkin vixen is OUTTA HERE!!!!! :twisted:

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero.

I want to meet the people, or at least see the quotes of those that say, "400 TD's is not that many"....

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:

when we as packer fans cannot just be happy when our QB achieves this type of milestone - then the site is no longer about the packers but becomes about individual posters.

i'm NOT cool with that so cut the crap or your lil sex talkin vixen is OUTTA HERE!!!!! :twisted:

I'm just sick of people twisting words around for the sake of arguing. I didn't know using common sense in that at 37 your not as good as you were at 27.

Edit: Nevermind I guess there is something wrong with my mental state.

:roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
4packgirl said:

I'm just sick of people twisting words around for the sake of arguing. I didn't know using common sense in that at 37 your not as good as you were at 27.

This should be two votes to have me moderate again :p I'd help straighten it up really quick!! Oh heres incentive to vote for me, I'll post LESS if im mod!! heh

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
4packgirl said:

my post wasn't aimed at you porky. :D

lack of self-restraint is what these arguments are about, imho.

whatever happened to only talking smack in the smack forum?!?
ok, here's a lil smack for ya...
you guys need to go there & *****slap each other back & forth for awhile. throw your ****s on the table & take measurements - whatever it takes. i'm just tired of every thread going down the *******!!

tongue-lashing complete...unless you wanna meet me outside?!? :p :twisted:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
porky88 said:
4packgirl said:

my post wasn't aimed at you porky. :D

lack of self-restraint is what these arguments are about, imho.

whatever happened to only talking smack in the smack forum?!?
ok, here's a lil smack for ya...
you guys need to go there & *****slap each other back & forth for awhile. throw your ****s on the table & take measurements - whatever it takes. i'm just tired of every thread going down the *******!!

tongue-lashing complete...unless you wanna meet me outside?!? :p :twisted:
This table...it's not some cold to the touch, metal table is it? If so I want no piece of this contest!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
porky88 said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

I agree Porky. Brett looks at film and admits he can do better. He realized in 04 he could be better prepared and his off season training helped in 05. Last year I was posting that Brett could play 5 more years and kept getting told last year was his last year.

I was speaking sarcasticly in my quoted post saying his skills diminished.
He still moves arund in the pocket and avoids sack(still in top third of least sacked QB's this year).

High quality QB's only come along once in awhile.
Look how long it took for:
the Colts to find Manning after Unitas.
the vikings have not had a good qb since Tarkington.
Bart Starr to Lynn ****ey to Brett Favre.

No Packer fan should want Brett to depart.

The way Brett's arm is now, and how he looks rolling right and rolling left and throwing bullets between two defenders to Driver, I'd want him to play three more years on the Packers (including this one). I really think he has it in him.

If he does, he'll be so far out of reach with all of Marino's former stats that even a healthy P Manning won't catch him. That would be cool. 8)

Now, you say "No Packer fan should want Brett to depart." I not only agree, but will say right now that Brett Favre will be in the top five QBs for numbers this year (judged by fantasy football value). Is that a measurement for a good QB? Well, no, but it's probably better than that crazy QB rating system.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
4packgirl said:

Don't you know you have to be able to coach lil kids or a shrink in order to tell if a QB isn't as good at 37 as he was at 27? Dang, Porky get with it man!!!

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read on the Packers website where someone compared 400 td passes to 500 HR's in baseball. Anyone else think that is a dumb comparison considering there have ben 25-30 guys in baseball that have hit 500? I'd compare it more to 700 HR's myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts