4 Quarters

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is for people who come to the Gameday chat.

There are 4 quarters of play. If a play goes bad in the first quarter, it sucks. It REALLY does, but it is NOT the end of the world.

More than once in gameday chat this week, people were saying the game was over in the FIRST QUARTER.

It was ridiculous. GB fans should be better\smarter than that.

In week 2 we went into halftime DOWN 3, and ended up destroying the giants before it was all said and done.

We went into the halftime in week 3 WITH A LEAD....yet there was so much negativity and playerhating.

"Collins sucks"

"That's a bad playcall"

"If they get a first down, that's game"

Are you kidding?

I hate bad play as much as anyone, but there's 4 quarters guys. ROOT for your team for 60 minutes.

ROOT for your team.

Crazy concept, I know, but let's do it.

Week 4, vs. Vikings, I'll be in there again this week rooting for the Packers for 4 quarters. Hope to see you there too.

3-0!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just tired of going into the gameday chat and having everyone pissing in my beer, not on my cheerioes, but in my beer.

sorry if that was kah ray zee.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The chat enables people to vent just like you're at a pub. We all make rash statements in the heat of battle. Most of us our drunk too... (I know i was)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey......i wasn't on the chat, but when they blew it on 4th and goal, i thought it was over. I was NOT happy.
It didn't stop me from lovin' them though!
(Heck........if the 1970's and 80's didn't stop me, why would a missed 4th and goal?)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people should be able to voice there opinion about the game, play calling, execution etc, without being told to "shut the f up" But maybe thats just me. The sarcastic comments and name calling are pretty lame.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The chat enables people to vent just like you're at a pub. We all make rash statements in the heat of battle. Most of us our drunk too... (I know i was)

I understand the purpose of a chat, its great, but when you type something, hit return and have to wait for it to disperse into the main room, its annoying. It's shotty software and I'm surprised its still being used. :roll:

On the flip side, its better than no chat at all.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people should be able to voice there opinion about the game, play calling, execution etc, without being told to "shut the f up" But maybe thats just me. The sarcastic comments and name calling are pretty lame.

I think I just expect GB fans to be not so ****** stupid in there. I'm tired of GB fans showing the football IQ of Vikings fans. It makes me sad.

If that's going to regularly be the case, of people going "If they get a first here, the game is over" in the 1st quarter and all the rest of that dumb crap, ill just not go in there on gamedays.

(yes im sure that breaks a lot of hearts)

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may come on chat next week as the game is live in the uk so should only be a few seconds behin the us feed.

On the net on sopcast it's a minute if not 2 behind the live feed so uit ruins the game for me when i read comments about a play i haven't seen yet.

Oh and I would have been criticising the pass play call on 4th and goal as well!!!!!!!!!!!

I truly believed the game was over then as well.

Thank you Lord Favre for rescuing us again!!!!!!!!!

3 - 0 will do nicely. I can't beleive we are unbeaten. I want us to run all over the vikings so brett can pass at will. and not just get ther record but destroy it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
There are no rules to being a fan.

Fans who love their team are allowed to be frustrated and vent about their team. You vent to get over the disappointment and then you move on to cheering for your boys next play. It is part of sports....Try going to New York!

One can logically assume that any of us who spend our time on a Packers posting board are true fans!! If we didnt care about the team we wouldnt be here.

We have different takes, we should all respect that about each other. It isn't about being intelligent about the game, it is a game of emotions. Both on the field and in the stands.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... I'm tired of GB fans showing the football IQ of Vikings fans.

I've seen some of your posts in chat.

You're not Norman Einstein.

You really should quit hoping for Mensa to call you.....ain't gonna happen.

Members online

Latest posts