4 quarter game

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Packers get off to a slow start in the 1st quarter or even 1st half is something I have come to expect. However there is an element of danger when you don't play 4 quarters of football. You can say 2nd half team but it's going to depend on the opponent. The Packers being able to beat a team in 2 and a half quarters says a lot about the team but I worry about it in the playoffs where that 1st quarter comatose state might be our downfall. It's something that has been consistent with the Packers but we absolutely cannot afford to do that against a team like the Giants. This isn't a criticism on the team, they have made a lot of improvements and are peaking when they need to be. It's merely an observation.

On the opposite end you have them going into conservative mode once they build up a lead. The problem I have with that is it allows other teams to sneak back into the game creating a problem in the 4th quarter. It's another example of not playing 4 quarters. Format: Slow start in the 1st, Pack attack late in the 2nd and into the 3rd, conservative mode into the 4th. We have been winning games with this format so I can't complain about that. All I am saying is it's risky especially in the playoffs.

I would love to see a full out Pack Attack all game long. Maybe they are saving it for the playoffs. Storing away that energy. They have indeed clinched the division. My point in this thread is not to speak of what they have done already and where they are at now, but to project to the future where this format may be the downfall of a team that is capable of so much more.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really hoping they're storing the best for last.
There are definitely some wrinkles to the playbook on both sides of the ball we haven't seen yet. The last time we had all of our WRs healthy at the same time Cobb was getting half the attention he draws now. JJ and Jordy on the Outside and Greg and Cobb moving around all over. Should be interesting to see what they can come up with.

12theTruth

Watching the Packers get off to a slow start in the 1st quarter or even 1st half is something I have come to expect. However there is an element of danger when you don't play 4 quarters of football. You can say 2nd half team but it's going to depend on the opponent. The Packers being able to beat a team in 2 and a half quarters says a lot about the team but I worry about it in the playoffs where that 1st quarter comatose state might be our downfall. It's something that has been consistent with the Packers but we absolutely cannot afford to do that against a team like the Giants. This isn't a criticism on the team, they have made a lot of improvements and are peaking when they need to be. It's merely an observation.

On the opposite end you have them going into conservative mode once they build up a lead. The problem I have with that is it allows other teams to sneak back into the game creating a problem in the 4th quarter. It's another example of not playing 4 quarters. Format: Slow start in the 1st, Pack attack late in the 2nd and into the 3rd, conservative mode into the 4th. We have been winning games with this format so I can't complain about that. All I am saying is it's risky especially in the playoffs.

I would love to see a full out Pack Attack all game long. Maybe they are saving it for the playoffs. Storing away that energy. They have indeed clinched the division. My point in this thread is not to speak of what they have done already and where they are at now, but to project to the future where this format may be the downfall of a team that is capable of so much more.

This would be great but the O-line may not be up to the task. Rodgers has been sacked the most times in the league. Scheming to hide this weakness will only work against middling defensive front 7's. I think the defense and punt and kickoff coverage units will be our biggest strengths heading into the playoffs.

H

HardRightEdge

In the end, we'll go as far as the defense carries us. 24 points, whenever you score them, should be enough with a solid D. Slow starts don't concern me that much so long as it does not involve turnovers or a completed Hail Mary at the half.

It's pretty rare for any team to play a high quality game over the full 60 minutes against a quality opponent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts