1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

4 guys released

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Jun 18, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Maybe Sergio Kindle would have looked good in the 2nd round

The Green Bay Packers have announced that cornerback Trevor Ford, safety Khalil Jones, linebacker Tim Knicky and quarterback Noah Shepard have been released.

This is likely the precursor to announced signings of draft picks. I do believe the roster was at 79 (including Tramon Williams) of the 80-man limit. So, to add draft picks, some people gotta go…

Ford was the only one of the quartet that ever saw game action, appearing in three games in 2009 after being signed as an undrafted free agent in May of 2009.
    Jones was on the practice squad for the last two weeks of last season.
    Both Knicky and Shepard were signed as undrafted free agents in April.

2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Im so glad Mason is staying hahaha

3. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Well that makes one person.

4. olwig420

olwig420 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What does this have to do with letting them go???

5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    With the release of Ford our CB depth looks slimmer and slimmer. I'm not sure he was much of a contributor to this defense but any kind of TC fodder would've helped push the other guys. I'm really upset with the Tim Knicky release, I thought he had lots of potential as a pass rusher. I guess they like Frank Zombo and Cyril Obiozer better since they were his only competition.

6. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Disagree. Ever be at work slacking off and justify it with... "At least I'm not as bad as THAT guy."? That's why i believe Bush has to go!

7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah but I would've kept Ford over Bush any day, but that's just me (pay attention TT)

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Actually, Ford is awful. AWFUL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh82oYkXwcE]YouTube - Packers 13, Titans 27[/ame]

Both passing touchdowns Ford was beaten terribly...

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Actually, Ford reminded me of Jarrett on those because he was in the area, especially the 2nd TD, but simply doesn't fricking know how to play the ball. Didn't the brutha play basketball as a youngster and get rebounds?
    He must have played guard and just shot jump shots and not done any rebound battling.

I hate CBs that can't play the ball.
    And this is why I wanted Sidney Rice coming outta SC 3 years ago: He not only played basketball in high school. He was Mister Basketball. We've seen him jump right over Tramon Williams and make a TD catch. That schit is no coincidence.

10. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    It's only the preseason so who knows how they would've fared in the regular season. Bush actually looked good covering man to man in that vid but we all know he does a complete 180 in games that matter. Also Lang, Meredith and Underwood didn't really look ready either, but each became decent players as the season progressed. The thing is, like the aforementioned guys Ford was a rookie who got beat but with potential to improve. Whereas Bush is a 4 year vet who gets beat consistently.

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Why is it never Jarrett Bush? :(

Dude's like Castro. Just can't kill him.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    He must have shown something positive, b/c there is no way the dude is not on the hotseat after his 2010 performance...so maybe there is a small chance of a Most Improved out of Jarret Bush

13. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    That's always the case every year, but his departure never happens. I don't think TT drafted a CB to let his boy Jarrett Bush keep a roster spot ;)

14. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    what corner are you referring to that TT drafted?

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Bush is here to stay fellas.
    Like he said above, dude is like Castro.
    But you can kill Bush, at least Roethlisberger and Farve and Warner can.
    This year will be Kolb and McNabb and Cuntler and Eli.

16. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    lol

Anyone have any reason why on Knicky? I thought he was very interesting as a player. Raw but looks like he had potential/talent even if he came out of FCS.

17. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I meant that TT didn't draft a CB so Bush has a little job security. Then again why else wouldn't TT draft a CB?

Yeah me too, I thought Knicky looked like the Clay Matthews of the DII league. However I guess his rawness and lack of competition was his ultimate demise. We need guys to step up right away and contribute as effectively as possible, that is if we want a title THIS YEAR. I suggest we take the guys who are more ready and able to play now instead of handing over roster spots to pet projects.

18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The interesting thing for me here is that Graham Harrell is sticking around.

19. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I feel like if Harrel is still around, then raw is not the case for Knicky. Maybe developmental but those TT QB's rarely make it and if they do it takes years to make them a #2 or #3 stringer at best.