4-3 or 3-4

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering if Green Bay should play more 4-3 with the personnel they have - getting Kampman more involved in the pass rush. It seems we are really wasting his talent. Kampman, Raji, Jolly and Jenkins on the front, with Matthews at SLB, Barnett at MLB and Hawk back to OLB. Pickett would come in on 3rd down. For some reason I think this would be more effective, but I do like the 3-4 I just think we are still a couple of players away from having a dominant 3-4. I have not given up on our defense because I think the reason for the two loses was the o-line. We could have won both the Cin and Min game with better o-line play.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, MM and many other teams are trying to copy the 3-4 the Steelers use to good effect. Since they made the decision to go to the 3-4, brought in Dom Capers to put it in place, I just don't see them jumping back to the 4-3 simply because of a few bad games. My guess is they feel those game were growing pains and worth it to effectively field a 3-4 D in the future, even if that means having a worse D than last year for some time.

OP
OP
G

gute

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loadholdt held Kampman at least 2x - the guy had hand fulls of Kampman's jersey and the ref was standing there with his thumb up his ****. But, we did get away with the tip catch which as probably not a catch. At least that's how I justified it. Is it me or is Jared Allen one ugly dude?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't look strictly at the Vikings game as the end all be all measuring stick of our D or team as a whole. I think our team would have looked quite a bit better if we weren't fighting the Vikes and the Refs all night. BF must have given them some autograph jerseys for their kids before the game or something.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Autographed Packers, Jets, and Vikings jerseys to be sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts