1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

4/21/06 - Zero

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by P@ck66, Apr 20, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Re: Brett on McNair Situation :

the more you bring up schaubs record, the sillier you look.

but, stats don't lie, Bye!

2. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Re: Brett on McNair Situation :

Not so sure the majority of the Membership in this Forum are extremists - there are a few... but, only a few. Stating an opinion on a player or a team, which might not be flattering, is not hate-speech -- although a couple on here would like that to be the new Webster's Dictionary definition of such commentary -- I'm not buyin' into it, and neither are the majority of the Membership.

I would agree that the Players are stepping up to make themselves a larger part of the total picture. Especially with how much they've won in this last Labor Agreement. Something which was a long time in coming, :!:

The Owners have it a pretty sweet seat with all of the NFL teams - no matter what happens, sell or no, they all walk away with BIG money - they're not hurtin'... the Players were gettin' the shaft for a long long time.

Now, they're speaking out, as what was not allowed previously thru underhanded machinations..... Now, they have more leverage and are proving they know how to weld it. If Players want to comment on the lack of respect they're given by a Team, or another player - that's their business - they're on the inside, we're not. It's up to each of them to stand up for themselves, against each other or the ownership, at will.

If the Titans agreed to that package, IMHO - it's their own fault; they made that bed; now let them lie in it. Steve McNair is gettin' the shaft -- but, that's also how BIG business does things, and have always done things... all around the world, for generations. That part is what Steve McNair should have been more prepared to deal with. Most of the issue is the Titan's problem, not McNair's -- he may end up in Baltimore and that might be a good thing, overall.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Life isn't fair.

That's basically how I see it. It sucks for McNair I really think he's a good guy and deserves better, but I can also see the Titans perspective and understand it. McNair refuses to sign a waiver if he were to be injured and the Titans don't want to be forced to pay 23mil for a work room injury.

Selfishly I want McNair to go to say the Ravens so the Titans are more assuringly taing a QB which is one less team we have to worry about with Mario or Hawk lol

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (I can't believe i wasted the time to read all 4 pages of this!)
    It's true......there are a few extremists on both sides, that turn this into an "all or nothing" site. Either you LOVE or HATE Brett..........either you LOVE or HATE Ted Thompson.............i see points on BOTH sides of the arguments. The truth is though...........not ONE of us truely KNOWS for sure what has gone on behind closed doors with TT, OR Favre.
    So who is truely to fault on anything that goes on in the Packer office? I can't judge, cause i don't have the FACTS (and NONE of us does) to make that judgement at this time.