3RD rd guys

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering, who should be on my radar when i'm watching the draft in the 3rd round? I'd like to get an idea of who are potential Packer picks later in the day, cause the 1st and 2nd round-guys have been talked into the ground.

Any input would be appreciated!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa
Paul Williams, WR, Fresno State
Craig Davis, WR, LSU
Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida State
Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
Doug Datish, C, Ohio State
Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina
Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech

That’s off the top of my head. It wouldn’t shock me to see either of those names called before round 3 in round 2.

If the Packers could end up with Lynch in round 1. Trade for Moss with their 2nd round pick. Patrick in round 3. That'd be a pretty successful Day 1 in my opinion.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what is available on my board in that area of the draft. I pulled some prior to and after the Packer pick.

Smith Steve WR USC
Mebane Brandon DT CAL
Davis Buster ILB FL St
Pittman Antonio RB OH St
Moore Jay DE Nebraska
Rouse Aaron SS VA Tech
Smith Troy QB OH St
Beekman Josh OT Boston C
Marten James OT Boston C
Satele Samson OG HI
Wade Jonathan CB TN
Alma-Francis IIaika DE HI
Harris Ryan OT Notre D
Piscatelli Sabby SS OR St

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa
Paul Williams, WR, Fresno State
Craig Davis, WR, LSU
Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida State
Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
Doug Datish, C, Ohio State
Fred Bennett, CB, South Carolina
Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech

That’s off the top of my head. It wouldn’t shock me to see either of those names called before round 3 in round 2.

If the Packers could end up with Lynch in round 1. Trade for Moss with their 2nd round pick. Patrick in round 3. That'd be a pretty successful Day 1 in my opinion.

Patrick would be nice. The guy actually benefitted by going to Deleware.

Some more later round guys the Pack may like

Cory Anderson
Jacoby Jones
Dallas Baker
Michael Allan
Scott Chandler
John Wendling
Keldrick Holman

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is another list.... all rated about late 2nd to early 4th...

C , Dustin Fry, Clemson
C , Samson Satele, Hawaii
CB , A.J. Davis, North Carolina State
CB , Courtney Brown, Cal Poly
CB , David Irons, Auburn
CB , Daymeion Hughes, California
CB , Fred Bennett, South Carolina
CB , Josh Wilson, Maryland
CB , Kenny Scott, Georgia Tech
CB , Michael Coe, Alabama State
CB , Tarell Brown, Texas
DE , Baraka Atkins, Miami
DE , Dan Bazuin, Central Michigan
DE , Quentin Moses, Georgia
DE , Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame
DT , Antonio Johnson, Mississippi State
DT , Brandon Mebane, California
DT , Marcus Thomas, Florida
DT , Paul Soliai, Utah
DT , Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State
DT , Turk McBride, Tennessee
FS , Dashon Goldson, Washington
FS , Josh Gattis, Wake Forest
FS , Tanard Jackson, Syracuse ** Supposedly the Packers are talking about bringing him in for a pre draft visit.
ILB , Buster Davis, Florida State
ILB , David Harris, Michigan
ILB , Justin Durant, Hampton
ILB , Michael Okwo, Stanford
K , Mason Crosby, Colorado
OG , Andy Alleman, Akron
OG , Josh Beekman, Boston College
OG , Mansfield Wrotto, Georgia Tech
OG , Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech
OLB , Antwan Barnes, Florida International
OLB , Earl Everett, Florida
OLB , Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma
OLB , Stewart Bradley, Nebraska
OLB , Tim Shaw, Penn State
OT , Doug Free, Northern Illinois
OT , James Marten, Boston College
OT , Marshall Yanda, Iowa
OT , Ryan Harris, Notre Dame
QB , Drew Stanton, Michigan State
QB , John Beck, BYU
QB , Trent Edwards, Stanford
QB , Troy Smith, Ohio State
RB , *Michael Bush, Louisville ** More Talented than this, but I really dont't know where to put him with the Injury...
RB , DeShawn Wynn, Florida
RB , Kenny Irons, Auburn
RB , Lorenzo Booker, Florida State
RB , Tony Hunt, Penn State
SS , Aaron Rouse, Virginia Tech
SS , Eric Weddle, Utah
SS , Michael Johnson, Arizona
SS , Sabby Piscitelli, Oregon State
TE , Ben Patrick, Delaware
TE , Kevin Boss, Western Oregon
TE , Scott Chandler, Iowa *** 6'7" 270 TE with good hands... Chewy II?
WR , Aundrae Allison, East Carolina
WR , Courtney Taylor, Auburn
WR , David Clowney, Virginia Tech
WR , Jacoby Jones, Lane (TN)
WR , Jason Hill, Washington State
WR , Johnnie Lee Higgins, Texas-El Paso
WR , Mike Walker, Central Florida
WR , Paul Williams, Fresno State

cheesy4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Lorenzo Booker or Kenny Irons if for some reason TT passes on Lynch and Pittman. Lets face it we need a runningback, MOrency cannot carry this team nor can Noah :feedback:

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Lorenzo Booker or Kenny Irons if for some reason TT passes on Lynch and Pittman. Lets face it we need a runningback, MOrency cannot carry this team nor can Noah :feedback:
I take Booker in round two if he is still there, good receiver and runner and would fit our offense.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is another WR that fits into the 3rd... lead the nation in catches..

http://californianewswire.com/2007/04/11/CNW194_205815

IRVINE, Calif. — Despite not being invited to the NFL Combine, Maurice Price, the nations leading receiver in 2006, has impressed NFL scouts. His agent, Bert Briones of Hip Athletics, reports that a number of clubs have invited him to visit their facilities and hope to draft him. Next week, Price will visit the Kansas City Chiefs and also attend an additional individual workout.

Briones reports that Maurice has impressed a number of NFL teams in individual workouts and at the Pro Timing Day held March 27 at South Carolina State. Price recorded an 11-foot broad jump, a 41-inch vertical leap, and a low 40 time of 4.43 on a slow surface. One scout reported his 40 time at 4.47 and noted it was outstanding considering Price actually stumbled on the run.

“In the game of football often receivers will be forced to stumble by a defender, so to see that type of time recorded indicates Maurice runs strong with his feet in the ground with football speed and running ability,” said Briones. In the position drills Price excelled, displaying excellent hands and explosive moves in his routes. Ten NFL clubs interviewed Price that day.

Price is training in Orlando, Florida, with Tom Shaw, which has given him the opportunity to workout with Calvin Johnson (considered the top receiver in this draft). Previously, Price was training in California with Todd Norman of the Cutting Edge, where in five weeks, the 21 year-old Price’s weight increased by 11 pounds while seeing no increase in his impressively low body fat of 4.7%. At the same time Price’s speed, explosiveness, and quickness was not compromised. Price improved his 6-1 frame from 194 to 205 pounds.

Price has also trained with Coach Bill Cunerty. Mr. Cunerty reports that Price “is an exceptional talent. He runs a 4.43 40-yard dash and has smooth and fluid moves in his route progressions. He “snatches” the ball out of the air and is a very physical presence on the field. He runs disciplined patterns and understands route adjusting and converting routes according to the coverage. He has a strong vertical jump and large hands and long arms. He is both a deep threat and a possession receiver with dynamic “run-after-catch” skills. He is a very likeable and hard working young man who really took coaching suggestions and immediately produced the desired results.”

“Maurice is in a good position at this point,” reports Briones, “His physical attributes combined with his productivity of 103 catches are exceptional. NFL scouts have gone out of their way to work him out in his hometown of Orlando. Also, he played well all week in an All-Star Game with most of the league attending. I am willing to compare him with players considered to be first round picks. Look at Dwayne Jarrett, who like Maurice, also caught 202 passes in the past three years; Maurice is much faster and a tougher more physical athlete. He is also faster than Sidney Rice.”

“If they are drafted early, Maurice should be close behind. His 10 and 20 yard times compare with the top handful in the country and he has great hands. Most importantly he is a strong character kid; a non-drinker, non-smoker, who attends church regularly. When people talk about value in this draft, Maurice should be considered in the third or fourth round. Maurice offers teams with wisdom an excellent option in drafting a young player with tremendous upside.”

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this guy as a sleeper but I think the real sleeper is Jacoby Jones from Lane. I see Marques Colston #2. I would love for the Pack to land him

Members online

Latest posts