1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

3 Picks???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bsmith_501, Dec 17, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    wasnt 1 thrown into triple coverage? I believe thats what Zero said when I asked him for the short version, cuz i missed it originally.

2. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    both unfortunately

3. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Martin

4. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Martin dropped the one in his chest in the 1st
    Lee dropped the one in his hands in 3rd

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was a bit high, but it certainly wasn't behind him. It was thrown in front of him.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    maybe not WAY behind, but it was behind...cuz I saw the replay of it from the endzone and you could see Greens arm sort of go up and TRAIL his body..

That was same one where one of the announcers clearly said Brett threw a bad pass.

7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Not sure of the one I am thinking off was int...The one I am thinking of is 3 detroit defenders and one Packer , not sure who it was tho..

it was a throw that didnt make sense

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Even during a win, ppl bitch about misinformed comments.

9. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The O line had a bad day, none of the WR's apart from Driver showed up, the TE component was absent outside pass protection, perfectly thrown passes were dropped (2 ints going off the hands of the intended receiver), the running game couldnt get much going against one of the worst and most banged up D lines (untill that last drive).

We're lucky it was only 3 picks and we're even more lucky we were playing the Lions.

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep but the sad part is people will still look to make excuses for them. Green did have his one big drop but the other one to him was very high. The other throw was a forced pass with 3 Lions surrounding the TE. We can have Jerry Rice and Tim Brown at WR but if he's making bad reads it won't matter. With that said we won even though Favre played bad. That's actually a huge plus for this teams future IMO.

11. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    You can also look at it like Favre had a bad day because of the poor play of the team around him...

Dropped passes...Poor O-Line play, etc..

I guess it's all in how you look at it, eh?

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The O-line played pretty good today. They gave him time and he made some bad throws. If anything the poor play came from Favre and the TE's. The TE's were dropping passes left and right and Favre was making some bad throws. He's lucky to have only 3 INT's this game. The Lions dropped at least 2. It could've been worse.

13. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Uh huh..

I vehemently disagree with your analysis, fellah...

It takes a team effort and an offense has to develop a rhythym...especially between the QB and the receivers...also in the running game.

I saw no evidence of that...so, imo...if the whole team isn't playing good...it's tough for the QB to play good...

Although Favre wasn't too terrible today...

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'd put more blame on the TE than anyone for Brett's bad day. He made some bad throws, but I think every QB makes a few here an there in a game.

I think the OL did a fair job today. They did have some stupid penalities though.

Again, TE was the main jerk this time I think. Or maybe I'm jus bitter at the easy catchs they dropped.

15. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree it takes a team effort and I'm criticizing Farve because he's part of the team. I'm not going to sugarcoat it for him. Brett Favre played bad today. It's as simple as that. If the offensive line plays bad then by your logic Brett Favre deserves blame for that way as well. It's a Team Effort right?

We can't blame Favre for his mistakes. We have to sugarcoat it and put the attention on other players. However if someone else makes a mistake he needs to be singled out? It's ridiculous.

Favre is not perfect. He was playing great early on in the season. Today he played bad. He knows he played bad as well. He stated in his press conference. “It was good to win but I’m worried about the 3 passes I completed to the other team.”

He played good against the 49ers. Not good this week. Favre had some dropped passes. No doubt but some were dropped by Lions defenders as well. Hopefully he bounces back next week against the Vikings and we win again.

16. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO..he doesn't have much to work with...

As another poster stated, if those 2 drops in the endzone were caught by Packer receivers, then the 2 picks are erased, and it's not such a bad day...

You have to admit that Favre doesn't have near the talent at WR that Peyton Manning has, or Carson Palmer, Tony Romo..etc..etc..

17. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One bad pass to Ahman Green that he couldn't catch.

One pass thrown into triple coverage.

The other one was Green's fault because he has butter fingers.

That said we need better TE's pronto. I can't wait till next year when Koren is back.

18. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah..

But I guess if we look on the bright side...

We won..

19. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah..

But I guess if we look on the bright side...

We won..

20. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed! That's why I don't really care.

21. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like I said before. He could of been throwing to Tim Brown or Jerry Rice instead of David Martin in the end zone or Barry Sanders on the check down instead of Green and those throws are still going to get Intercepted because they are poorly thrown balls. He’s not going to play perfect. Nobody does. Today he had a bad game. Earlier in the year when we played the Lions he was a definite reason why we won. Today the Defense bailed him out. Actually today was a bizarre game. Usually it's the other way around.

22. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone boasts constantly about how Ahman Green is one of the best pass catching running backs. I allways disagreed. Now you know why. Bryan Westbrook would have made that catch which was "behind" Green. I do agree that it was a bad pass because any pass in traffic to Green is a bad pass. The guy has butterfingers and should only be thrown screen passes when no defender is in sight.

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Just watched the game while cutting out the commercials.

The pass was high, very high, ahman left the ground to touch it with his right hand. It was not behind him. I was mistaken when I said that. It was a bad pass by Brett.

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Of course he doesnt have those types...

Goood gawd...

The issue is not how talented they are or arent the issue that was mentioned is this....

Brett threw a ball INTO TRIPLE coverage...That has NOTHING to do with how talented the wr are...

does that make sens enow?

25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Just like I said :p