2nd round pick

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma (Sooner Fan, sue me) and watched Petty play in person and the kid has an arm and then some. The problem is the system he played in and I'm not sure he has ever played under center. If you were to see the kid out of pads I swear you'd think he was a middle LB. He is jacked and certainly looks the part. He has a ton of upside and I think he could end up being the best QB of this draft if a team takes their time with him and allows him to mature. He can make all the throws and is a good kid so I do think a team may hit the panic button and want to move up to get him. When I say he can make all the throws it is in no way hyperbole. The kid has a cannon and can throw the 20 yard out, back shoulder, deep ball, etc. I, like most of us, want to see a player picked tonight (Kendricks!) but if we get good value and additional picks I will be ok with coming away "empty handed."

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking last night about the ILB debate and Sean Richardson came into my mind and hears why. If Ted and Co. feel comfortable with SR coming in more often to play LB in obvious passing situations his options at ILB would grow considerably. I am of the mindset that a true, 3 down backer is what's needed but when you look at the money they paid to keep Sean one has to wonder if they have plans to increase his workload this season which would most likely include the above.
I was wondering the same thing.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense is going to have a lot of weird moving parts. Peppers, Matthews, Richardson, now Randall... lot of guys that the opposing offense is going to be guessing about. Lot of "where is that guy going to come from" or "who the heck is he going to cover" questions.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight may get interesting. Trade up is even money and who knows how things tumble. I think tonight is all about 'your guy' and where you want him. I'm not confident TT even thinks value at ILB will fall through to us, I think it gets raked clean way before our pick. Its hard to see where the best value will be because at this point it all looks pretty much the same.

ILB, DL, TE are top needs but who falls and who gets snagged? Its what makes all of this interesting in the first place. We'll get value no doubt, will it fit immediate or long term need, that's the question.

Latest posts