2nd day draft wish list

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we all know the shock that was Kenny Clark. What are the expectations for day 2?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see a trade up for Henry.. Possibly jack Deion jones would be a nice pick.. I still want Andrew billings who by far is the most talented DT in the draft I'm still mad about last nights pick.. Ugh

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see a trade up for Henry.. Possibly jack Deion jones would be a nice pick.. I still want Andrew billings who by far is the most talented DT in the draft I'm still mad about last nights pick.. Ugh

I'd avoid Jones, but I can get on board with trading up to grab Billings. Our D-line would be dominant with him, Clark, and Daniels.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see GB get in the 2nd round (no trade up), in order:
Ragland or Jack - ILB
Spence - OLB
Spriggs- OT
Kaufusi - DE
Dodd - DE
Jerald Hawkins - OT

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a'shawn robinson
jarran reed
andrew billings
reggie ragland
myles jack
sua cravens
chris jones
noah spence
emmanuel ogbah
cody whitehair
jason spriggs
shon coleman
jerald hawkins
hunter henry
derrick henry
tyler boyd

no particular order
point being, day 2 should be just about as exciting as day 1

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd avoid Jones, but I can get on board with trading up to grab Billings. Our D-line would be dominant with him, Clark, and Daniels.

I'd be okay picking Deion Jones with one of our three 4th rounders though. But if hes the only LB we draft, I'd be disappointed then. I hope we draft Antonio Morrison, Dominique Alexander or Eric Striker somewhere in the mid rounds.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a'shawn robinson
jarran reed
andrew billings
reggie ragland
myles jack
sua cravens
chris jones
noah spence
emmanuel ogbah
cody whitehair
jason spriggs
shon coleman
jerald hawkins
hunter henry
derrick henry
tyler boyd

no particular order
point being, day 2 should be just about as exciting as day 1

Agreed. A ton of good players left.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see GB get in the 2nd round (no trade up), in order:
Ragland or Jack - ILB
Spence - OLB
Spriggs- OT
Kaufusi - DE
Dodd - DE
Jerald Hawkins - OT

This is a pretty solid list. Although I'll be honest and say I'd remove Spence or drop him down a couple spots personally.

It is my opinion if we don't get Ragland or Jack....someone on day 3 like Beniquez Brown or Blake Martinez may be our ILB choice.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a pretty solid list. Although I'll be honest and say I'd remove Spence or drop him down a couple spots personally.
Spence has 1st round talent but scared some teams with his past drug (ecstacy) issues. I think he's grown-up immensely and will stay away from the stuff, so could be a stud OLB going foward. Very athletic & has his head on straight (now)... just my $.02. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983799/noah-spence

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spence has 1st round talent but scared some teams with his past drug (ecstacy) issues. I think he's grown-up immensely and will stay away from the stuff, so could be a stud OLB going foward. Very athletic & has his head on straight (now)... just my $.02. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1983799/noah-spence

I get somewhat same feeling but I just don't feel the need for an OLB. He'd be another Clark pick for me if some of the others are still there and we pick him....not what I'd have done, but not a bad pick by any means.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another person we could afford to get is jaylon smith look at Rollins he didn't play that much in his first yr as a second rounder so what if smith sits a yr he is a monster

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another person we could afford to get is jaylon smith look at Rollins he didn't play that much in his first yr as a second rounder so what if smith sits a yr he is a monster

You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger Jaylon fan/supporter than me...but even I'd only take him with our 3rd now that we passed Ragland/Jack in 1st.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get somewhat same feeling but I just don't feel the need for an OLB. He'd be another Clark pick for me if some of the others are still there and we pick him....not what I'd have done, but not a bad pick by any means.

OLB is definitely a need for the Packers, with all the contracts they have expiring after the upcoming season

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well Rollins was a very raw prospect but ended playing as the #2 CB when Randall got hurt and entrenched himself in the dime unit by seasons end.

Not quite the same thing as drafting a guy in the 2nd that is a sure thing not to play a snap year one

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OLB is definitely a need for the Packers, with all the contracts they have expiring after the upcoming season

Not at this position IMO at all. Datone sliding out, Perry stepping up and Clay going nowhere. Again I wouldn't be mad about the pick, because Spence is good....just not what I'd consider smartest pick.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
2nd & 3rd round wish list in no order includes these players:

DL/pass rusher Hargrave, S. Carolina St. [Ted usually targets these types that can pass rush)

DE/5-technique Kaufusi, BYU; Ward, Illinois

DE/Elephant/OLB Nassib, Penn St.

OLB Jenkins, Georgia [incidentally, this would be fun as he might end up being the better 3-4 OLB from GA as he can set the edge vs. the run, something the Bears' skinny Floyd may have trouble doing against the likes of, oh say, Eddie Lacy?]

ILB Ragland, Bama; Schobert, Wisconsin; Jones, LSU; Goodson, Clemson

WR Braxton Miller, Ohio St.

TE Henry, Arkansas

OT Benenoch, UCLA; Shell, S. Carolina

Also, with CB Goodson on suspension, I'm keeping my eye on CB Cyrus Jones, Bama, for Saturday's picks. He's a little short at 5'10", but, he can play nickel and dime for now and would definitely be awesome on special teams as a returner and/or gunner.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at this position IMO at all. Datone sliding out, Perry stepping up and Clay going nowhere. Again I wouldn't be mad about the pick, because Spence is good....just not what I'd consider smartest pick.

Peppers, Perry, and Datone all have 1 year left on their contracts

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers, Perry, and Datone all have 1 year left on their contracts

I know that. Perry won't garner any more attention than this year unless he explodes, Datone much the same. Both will most likely resign. Peppers will be resign or retire I think at this point.

D

Deleted member 6794

Henry and Deion Jones would be wasted picks.

The problem being that it's uncertain he will ever get fully healthy even after sitting out the entire 2016 season.

If the Packers don't end up with either Jack or Ragland I would like Thompson to draft one of the hybrid safety/linebackers today who might be ready to contribute in week 1. I can't think of any ILB other than the top three capable of having an immediate impact.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry and Deion Jones would be wasted picks.

The problem being that it's uncertain he will ever get fully healthy even after sitting out the entire 2016 season.

If the Packers don't end up with either Jack or Ragland I would like Thompson to draft one of the hybrid safety/linebackers today who might be ready to contribute in week 1. I can't think of any ILB other than the top three capable of having an immediate impact.

Agree 100%!!

One for 3rd day consideration (other than Beniquez Brown and Blake Martinez) that would help down the road is the quick ILB from Oklahoma Dominque Alexander. He ran a sub 4.6 if memory serves and is good in coverage. Again though wouldn't be impact player yet and may never contribute more than situational passing downs.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a real homer with my SEC players ;) I hope we come away with another SEC player or two. Hoping we dip back into that Alabama honey hole again.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its worth mentioning that yesterday morning, Todd McShay told Mike & Mike he had heard some teams only had 15 guys with a first round grade. He said that is normal because teams can vary on how they grade players.

This is worth remembering when considering some of the "reaches" and why the Bama players slid to the second round. For example, every team could have a combination of 20 different players graded with a first round grade but have a combination of 30 guys with a second round grade. That's why we see so many mock drafts differ. In that case, there's not much difference in the 30 guys with a second round grade start going at pick 20.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is the kind of draft where you pick up the kind of DL beef that will make LBs look better than they actually are. Injury and size concerns abound with this group. Ragland is a good player but not the best fit for what we need and lets be honest TT/MM/most of us do not want to see him have an aortic aneurysm on the field. Real fall down dead risk with his heart condition.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deion Jones strikes me a good player but doesn't quite have the speed or explosiveness to make up for his lack of size in my mind. Although I do like the spring in his feet and his short area quickness looks good picking up crossing routes and backs coming out of the backfield. I like that he can play in the slot and he looked good to me in his backpedal in cover situations. I'd be ok with him if the team thinks he's good enough of course picking him might demand the acquisition of more DL beef in rounds 3-5.

We also need another player who projects as a true outside cover corner, Hyde is a slot guy and Rollins might be as well... hard to tell at this point. Oh and we need some fresh OL depth too.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its worth mentioning that yesterday morning, Todd McShay told Mike & Mike he had heard some teams only had 15 guys with a first round grade. He said that is normal because teams can vary on how they grade players.

This is worth remembering when considering some of the "reaches" and why the Bama players slid to the second round. For example, every team could have a combination of 20 different players graded with a first round grade but have a combination of 30 guys with a second round grade. That's why we see so many mock drafts differ. In that case, there's not much difference in the 30 guys with a second round grade start going at pick 20.

Yup! Definitely some miss this concept. Probably over 10 teams drafted a guy yesterday that they had 2nd round "grades" on. Shoot Paxton Lynch may be the biggest "reach" there was.

Members online

Latest posts