25 hours to go...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Raji's a deadbeat because he had season ending surgery? Wow, the bar stool GM/coaching/ trainer crowd is getting pretty harsh.
Raji has been a deadbeat at least half the time since the beginning of the 2011 season. He's a lazy player. He's unreliable. I don't trust him to give honest effort. I hope he never wears a Packer uniform again.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully TT can get dallas lb Bruce carter. Resign Bulaga and williams. I say let house walk for a big contract if he comes cheap maybe resign him but idk. I just don't see him as being that good his ball skills are sub par, would love to see his roster spot taken by someone with play maker potential. House just doesn't make any. Also according to put the packers Patriots and chargers are the most likely landing spots for Percy harvin if the jets cut him as expected. Would love to see harvin returning kicks and in the backfield with cobb or dual slots cobb and harvin with nelson and adams outside. No defense in the league is stopping that with any kind of consistency. Put should be pft

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can Clay Mathews leave effort on the field when he took a breather with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line? He wasn't ON the field. It's not judging effort or lack of effort, there was ZERO effort, he quit. That's the ultimate lack of effort, he took himself out of the game because he thought it was over, and was leaving others to finnish things up.

Was Raji worth what he thought he was? Nope....Did he have an off year in 2013? (Along with the rest of the Green Bay run defense....playing out of position, which is a possible explanation NOT an excuse)..... Yes Did Green Bay think he was worth $4M for 2014? Obviously yes.

And yes is you are a starter in the NFL with pro bowl and all pro seasons AND a Super Bowl rings as a starter you HAVE achieved a pinnacle of your sport.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can Clay Mathews leave effort on the field when he took a breather with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line? He wasn't ON the field. It's not judging effort or lack of effort, there was ZERO effort, he quit. That's the ultimate lack of effort, he took himself out of the game because he thought it was over, and was leaving others to finnish things up.

Was Raji worth what he thought he was? Nope....Did he have an off year in 2013? (Along with the rest of the Green Bay run defense....playing out of position, which is a possible explanation NOT an excuse)..... Yes Did Green Bay think he was worth $4M for 2014? Obviously yes.

And yes is you are a starter in the NFL with pro bowl and all pro seasons AND a Super Bowl rings as a starter you HAVE achieved a pinnacle of your sport.

What?

Maybe I am confused on this. As to free agency, we are holding serve, doing what we do each year.

If Cobb was on another roster, some folks here would have let off fireworks signing him.

As to clay:

He didn't give up the fake punt TD. He didn't get ran over for a rushing TD. He didn't muff an obvious onside kick.

How is it we are questioning the player who got us here on D when he didn't see the field on the plays in question?!?

I'm just as sad about missing the SB, but this wasn't our year

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And there you're making assumptions about Matthews. He said he was injured, you say he quit. You obviously don't believe him, fine. But when we make assumptions about Raji's effort level, you refer to us as bar stool GMs and trainers and say you do not understand 'couch potatoes' who judge the efforts of 'those who have reached the pinnacle. Laughable.

Also, you act like it's somehow better that Raji was at least out on the field, even if he wasn't trying. Frankly, and not defending Matthews at all myself, but I find a guy leaving a game and saying he's hurt to be a lot more defensible than a guy out there flailing his arms for half a season just going through the motions because he's quit.

Also, the 'out of position' explanation given by Raji apologists is ridiculously overblown. He has played DE in all but 2 years in the NFL. He was in the same role and position in his dominant year in 2010 when he recorded 6 and a half sacks as he was in 2013. He played NT in 2011 when we had the 32nd ranked defense and graded out as the worst 3-4 NT against the run in the NFL. He offers no interior pressure, either. His last sack came in the same year as we won Super Bowl 45. JJ Watt has approximately as many SACKS since 2011 as Raji has TACKLES. This is not an overblown or out of context viewpoint we are giving here. Raji is indeed that bad.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is a non issue. Why exactly are we talking about an injured non issue player again?

Keep in mind that some one who has shown he can play will always draw interest.

Resigning raji at the NFL equivalent of near nothing was a get. I resign him this season at less based simply on age and body of work. As would most GMs.

At 27, as a pro bowl player, coming off 2 injuries, he is cheap. If another player cones along... GREAT. if not, and he is healthy, at worst he is a big body d lineman who has to fight for a spot .

One year at 4m isn't too much for that.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is a non issue. Why exactly are we talking about an injured non issue player again?

Keep in mind that some one who has shown he can play will always draw interest.

Resigning raji at the NFL equivalent of near nothing was a get. I resign him this season at less based simply on age and body of work. As would most GMs.

At 27, as a pro bowl player, coming off 2 injuries, he is cheap. If another player cones along... GREAT. if not, and he is healthy, at worst he is a big body d lineman who has to fight for a spot .

One year at 4m isn't too much for that.

Yeah, it is. It wasn't last year to take a chance, but no way he gets 4M a year this year.

Also, the Pro Bowl argument is a little out there and the fact that he made it kind of highlights what a joke the Pro Bowl is. I could have made a case for him after 2010, but there wasn't a more undeserving Pro Bowler in 2011 than Raji.

Let's keep the Pro Bowl thing in perspective. Bubba Franks went to multiple Pro Bowls. AJ Hawk went to a Pro Bowl. Vince Young went to a Pro Bowl.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also according to put the packers Patriots and chargers are the most likely landing spots for Percy harvin if the jets cut him as expected. Would love to see harvin returning kicks and in the backfield with cobb or dual slots cobb and harvin with nelson and adams outside. No defense in the league is stopping that with any kind of consistency. Put should be pft

I would have been against bringing Harvin in before we re-signed Cobb but now there is absolutely no need to even think about it.

As to clay:

He didn't give up the fake punt TD. He didn't get ran over for a rushing TD. He didn't muff an obvious onside kick.

How is it we are questioning the player who got us here on D when he didn't see the field on the plays in question?!?

I'm just as sad about missing the SB, but this wasn't our year

Matthews quit on the team with the game on the line in Seattle. While Sherman and Thomas were out there battling with serious injuries Clay was standing on the sideline with ailments that didn't hold him out of a Pro Bowl practice three days later. That's a tough one to explain.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd rather have harris as your 3rd RB and abb/janis as your number 4 WR than harvin? I don't get that the NFL is all about matchups and harvin is a nightmare so is cobb having two of the biggest matchup problems in the league and rodgers would be unfair.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think we can all put to be the pipe dream that I was all in for happening and that's Patrick Willis ever being a Packer. Reported that the 49ers are expecting him to retire

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd rather have harris as your 3rd RB and abb/janis as your number 4 WR than harvin? I don't get that the NFL is all about matchups and harvin is a nightmare so is cobb having two of the biggest matchup problems in the league and rodgers would be unfair.

Maybe Neal and #3 RB or one of a host of draft possibilities at a less-than-premium position? If you've got a good 1-2 punch, how much worry is #3, when there are holes/potential holes elsewhere.

At WR (and, shouldn't it be "slot receiver", where you can only play one at a time?), the assumption appears to be that you can pay Harvin like a #4, and I seriously doubt that. If he'll take that kind of money, I'd have to think about it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be a matchup nightmare, but he's also a locker room nightmare. He was jettisoned from the Vikings, he was sent packing by the Seahawks, the jets gave good money and draft picks and decided he wasn't worth it. No thanks

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to Harvin. He's been a clubhouse cancer everywhere he goes. We already have Nelson/Cobb/Adams with Janis/Abbrederis also having upside. Why??

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think we can all put to be the pipe dream that I was all in for happening and that's Patrick Willis ever being a Packer. Reported that the 49ers are expecting him to retire

Justin Smith, too. The 49ers seem to be a team in transition.
Although I don't think it's the kind of transition they would have wanted.

Members online

Latest posts