2023 Draft Talk

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers (plus 7.256 and a 2024 7th round) Traded to Jets for their 2.43 / 4.112 / Conditional 4th in 2024 + Corey Davis

Trade back 1.15 / 5.149 / 7.242 for Jag's 1.24 / 3.88 / 2024 3rd round

1.24 - Darnell Washington TE Georgia
2.43 - Jaelyn Duncan OT Maryland
2.45 - Rashee Rice WR SMU
3.78 - Jordan Battle S Alabama
3.88 - Zach Harrison ED Ohio State
4.112 - Jartavius Martin DB Illinois
4.116 - Davis Allen TE Clemson
5.170 - Asim Richards OT North Carolina
7.232 - Dante Stills iDL West Virginia
7.235 - Tyson Bagent QB Shepherd

I know folks disagree with me that we cannot do the Rodger's trade without a first, but sorry I disagree and still don't think we are getting their #13.

Realistically in this draft I see the potential for two day one starters (Washington and Duncan) but two others that I think could see significant snaps on the offensive side of the ball are Allen as TE2 and Rice who could be one of our slot snap leader by the end of the season IMO.

Don't sleep on Battle at safety everyone, I personally think outside of play diagnosis it seemed to me that Battle is the better safety between Battle and Branch IMO....and to be fair both Battle and Harrison both are prospects that I think could end up not being available.
In the last mock I did on PFF(no trades) I grabbed Allen & Stills. IMO they have to take a LB with ST chops with 1 of those 7th rounders.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is interesting. The Jets traded Elijah Moore and a 3rd round pick to Cleveland for their 2nd round pick. So now the Jets have two picks in the 2nd round and may be willing to trade #13 to the Packers. I'd be find with their #13 pick and a conditional pick in 2024 if Rodgers plays two years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is interesting. The Jets traded Elijah Moore and a 3rd round pick to Cleveland for their 2nd round pick. So now the Jets have two picks in the 2nd round and may be willing to trade #13 to the Packers. I'd be find with their #13 pick and a conditional pick in 2024 if Rodgers plays two years.

When I saw this trade happen, I instantly plan on us getting their two seconds - I still live in a world where we are not getting their 13th nor if I were the Jets would I give up myself.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I saw this trade happen, I instantly plan on us getting their two seconds - I still live in a world where we are not getting their 13th nor if I were the Jets would I give up myself.
That's a reasonable scenario too. I just don't think Gluten gives up a 4 time MVP, 2 in the last 3 years, for anything less than a first round pick, and whatever else he can negotiate.

Then again if this is the trade, the Jets' two 2nd rounders for Rodgers, the Packers have four picks in the first two rounds. That sounds good too.

I'm a little surprised the trade details weren't ironed out before Rodgers came out of his hobbit hole. It doesn't make sense to get this far, in a scenario many anticipated, and not have the deal completely done. Or maybe they did and Gluten upped the ante. That wouldn't be good faith bargaining and I don't think it happened. I've just beed surprised that this wasn't worked out a long time ago, even if it was a "what if" trade.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I think it is more than just those two seconds.

Conditional futures for sure must be included. I am more stuck on Gute making sure a conditional 2025 pick exists than I am having to have the 13th or a first flat out. Give me both seconds, a 2024 like 3rd or 4th and a 2025 conditional that way if Rodgers gives Jets a couple seasons you get more return too. I also want a low level depth guy or two like Mims and Clemons back our way....Corey Davis on a reworked contract makes a lot of sense too.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a reasonable scenario too. I just don't think Gluten gives up a 4 time MVP, 2 in the last 3 years, for anything less than a first round pick, and whatever else he can negotiate.

Then again if this is the trade, the Jets' two 2nd rounders for Rodgers, the Packers have four picks in the first two rounds. That sounds good too.

I'm a little surprised the trade details weren't ironed out before Rodgers came out of his hobbit hole. It doesn't make sense to get this far, in a scenario many anticipated, and not have the deal completely done. Or maybe they did and Gluten upped the ante. That wouldn't be good faith bargaining and I don't think it happened. I've just beed surprised that this wasn't worked out a long time ago, even if it was a "what if" trade.
You state maybe Gute upped the ante. How about maybe the Jets lowered the ante. IMO just as likely.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Conditional futures for sure must be included. I am more stuck on Gute making sure a conditional 2025 pick exists than I am having to have the 13th or a first flat out. Give me both seconds, a 2024 like 3rd or 4th and a 2025 conditional that way if Rodgers gives Jets a couple seasons you get more return too. I also want a low level depth guy or two like Mims and Clemons back our way....Corey Davis on a reworked contract makes a lot of sense too.
Yeah getting Corey Davis would be big. And the Jets added Lazard and another receiver (Hartman?), so maybe they are willing to send Davis. I'd still like their #13 included, but what you outline is very good return for the trade. It also helps keep the Packers from rebuilding. QB is a question mark IMO. There is still a lot of talent on the rest of team and this trade would add to it, near term and longer term. It's hard to win without a franchise QB, but ya gotta have everyone else in place too.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Boy I hope you are right. IMO you are on an island watching a plane land with a midget.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You state maybe Gute upped the ante. How about maybe the Jets lowered the ante. IMO just as likely.
Yeah that's a good point. Especially if these possible trade scenarios were nothing more than "cocktail talk". I think the problem is that they never had a deal agreed to while waiting for Rodgers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy I hope you are right. IMO you are on an island watching a plane land with a midget.

You think you're getting less than two seconds being the main piece? Or you think we have to get the 13th? Was confused somewhat...perhaps the midget was snoring too loud LOL

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm Gute I'm doing a trade like this...truly after the two seconds this year everything is tied to success of the Jets...they do well we get more...they don't essentially only could cost them one more pick and it is a Day 3 in 2024. Corey Davis is odd man looking in at WR and saves them a TON of cap, Clemons is a depth cheap rookie contract Edge guy to replace Hollins for us.

Lot less than some believe, but if Jets say make it to the SB in 2024 and 2025 it is two more 2nds. Win in 2024 and we get a first place (albeit at bottom of first).

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm Gute I'm doing a trade like this...truly after the two seconds this year everything is tied to success of the Jets...they do well we get more...they don't essentially only could cost them one more pick and it is a Day 3 in 2024. Corey Davis is odd man looking in at WR and saves them a TON of cap, Clemons is a depth cheap rookie contract Edge guy to replace Hollins for us.

Lot less than some believe, but if Jets say make it to the SB in 2024 and 2025 it is two more 2nds. Win in 2024 and we get a first place (albeit at bottom of first).

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
This would be a good trade.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be honest...hoping all we have to send back to them this year is two 7ths could be wrong...I could see them really wanting us to send one of our 5ths instead of any of our 7ths....which I"m still saying yes too.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jets agreed to terms with ex-Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman, another WR for Rodgers. He has to be chomping at the bit now to be traded.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think you're getting less than two seconds being the main piece? Or you think we have to get the 13th? Was confused somewhat...perhaps the midget was snoring too loud LOL
IMO you are on Fantasy Island expecting too much.
Jets get AR- #15-#235
GB gets- #13- #42-#207 + a player as well as 2024 conditional 4th if AR plays 2 yrs. Becomes a 3rd if NYJ win division or a wildcard game. Bcomes a 5th if they don't make the playoffs.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Any conditional picks that are tied to AR playing a 2nd season (2024), would most likely have to be for 2025 draft picks. Which means they are less valuable. We all know AR's "schedule", he may pull the same wait and see game with the Jets and if that is the case, nobody will know if he is or isn't playing in 2024 when the draft rolls around.

I also hope that the Packers don't get duped into discounting conditional picks too much, conditional on "if the Jets do this or that". If Rodgers goes down early with an injury and the Jets finish at 4-13, that shouldn't reduce the pick by 3 rounds.

Reaction score
Any conditional picks that are tied to AR playing a 2nd season (2024), would most likely have to be for 2025 draft picks. Which means they are less valuable. We all know AR's "schedule", he may pull the same wait and see game with the Jets and if that is the case, nobody will know if he is or isn't playing in 2024 when the draft rolls around.

I also hope that the Packers don't get duped into discounting conditional picks too much, conditional on "if the Jets do this or that". If Rodgers goes down early with an injury and the Jets finish at 4-13, that shouldn't reduce the pick by 3 rounds.
Yeah for that reason, I’d really just prefer to do a straight up deal. The Jets Would benefit the most in a future trade as it’s likely they don’t select 13th in each round.

I’d take a pair of 2nd Rounders and mid 5th Rounder today over all the virtual horseplay they’ll want to entertain. Let’s take the wah wah wah Debbie Downer/NY Crybaby act and pacify it with all 2024 Capital.

You’d think the Jets were trading for Brett Hundley the way the NY media Pouts.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK so news/speculation today has the Jets going after OBJ. Apparently Rodgers and OBJ are friends. News to me. There's not enough room on one team for those two massive egos. That would be an absolute riot to watch. The friendship ends with the first dropped past, wrong route, or overthrow - or the Rodgers' glare.

I don't think the Jets would be dumb enough to do this.

D

Deleted member 6794

It also helps keep the Packers from rebuilding. QB is a question mark IMO. There is still a lot of talent on the rest of team and this trade would add to it, near term and longer term.

Once again, unfortunately I disagree the Packers have a lot of talent on the roster on the rest of the team.

Rodgers has announced his decision before the start of the new league year each of the past two seasons. I fully expect him to do that next year as well. Therefore it's entirely possible to include conditional picks in the 2024 draft in the trade as well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Some big time pro day results:

-Bryan Bresee (iDL, Clemson) turned in good agilities and finished out his RAS with a 9.57

-Luke Schoonmaker (TE, Michigan) filled in his missing drills and finished with a 9.86

-Ryan Hayes (OL, Michigan) checked the agilities thresholds with a 4.66 SS and 7.47 3C, but is nearly 6'7", 298 lbs, with 32.5" arms which makes him a really tough projection at tackle (length) and at guard (mass, pad level).

-Adetomiwa Odebawore (DL, TCU) turned in a 4.26 SS and 7.13 3C making him a 9.70 at DT, or a 9.87 at DE.

-Jaxon Smith-Njigba (WR, OSU) reportedly ran somewhere from 4.48 to 4.52, which are fantastic numbers for him. WR1 with a bullet.

-D.J. Johnson (DE, OR) improved on his broad (9'7") and completed his agilities and finished with a good 8.43 RAS.

-Charlie Jones (WR, PUR) posted really good agilities (4.15, 6.84 respectively) and came out at 8.48 despite being only 5'11" 175.

-Matthew Bergeron (OL, SYR) had a ridiculous 7.27 3C, which is way belong the typical Packer threshold (in a good way).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Once again, unfortunately I disagree the Packers have a lot of talent on the roster on the rest of the team.

Rodgers has announced his decision before the start of the new league year each of the past two seasons. I fully expect him to do that next year as well. Therefore it's entirely possible to include conditional picks in the 2024 draft in the trade as well.

David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
Aaron Jones
Christian Watson
Kenny Clark
Rashan Gary
Preston Smith
De'Vondre Campbell
Jaire Alexander

There are several other names who are either just average NFL starters or younger players with up/downside yet TBD. But the names above are all plus talents still on the roster. There is a lot of talent left on this team.

Reaction score
David Bakhtiari
Elgton Jenkins
Aaron Jones
Christian Watson
Kenny Clark
Rashan Gary
Preston Smith
De'Vondre Campbell
Jaire Alexander

There are several other names who are either just average NFL starters or younger players with up/downside yet TBD. But the names above are all plus talents still on the roster. There is a lot of talent left on this team.
Agreed. We still have lots of really great players, that’s one very comforting thing right now after spending all our future cap$$. I still think we can be competitive this season, just maybe not postseason competitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts