2023 Draft Talk

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I know and I get it, I’m merely saying I’d have understood the logic behind it is all.
Agree. The Front Office has rightly decided to go all in while they have Rodgers. That means a window of one year to a max of three years to win a SB. And whether it's one, two, or three years depends on if Rodgers stays.

Even so Gluten has to keep an eye on the future. Fortunately going all in and watching out for the future of the team aren't mutually exclusive. I'm sure Rodgers would love a TE like Mayer to throw to. For now, the first order of business is getting the WR group ready to go in September. Helping the TE group along the way won't hurt given Tonyan's unknown status.

Reaction score
We do? Who? The starters are Campbell, a FA, and Walker, a first round pick. Which starting ILBs were picked on day 3. Barnes? He's just a guy. I have a terrible memory!
No Barnes was a PUDFA. A darn good one and another example that ILB can be addressed later in the draft. Not saying we shouldn’t address it sooner though, I love the Quay Walker pick.

Jake Ryan, Brad Jones, BJ Goodson, Blake Martinez were all Packers who started at some point and were serviceable Day 3 selections.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No Barnes was a PUDFA. A darn good one and another example that ILB can be addressed later in the draft. Not saying we shouldn’t address it sooner though, I love the Quay Walker pick.

Jake Ryan, Brad Jones, BJ Goodson, Blake Martinez were all Packers who started at some point and were serviceable Day 3 selections.
Oren Burks was a 3rd rounder, so day two. Otherwise, I want to say, its been since 2006, when AJ Hawk was a day 1 pick at ILB. In that same draft that they drafted Hawk in the first, they also picked Abdul Hodge in the 3rd round.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oren Burks was a 3rd rounder, so day two. Otherwise, I want to say, its been since 2006, when AJ Hawk was a day 1 pick at ILB. In that same draft that they drafted Hawk in the first, they also picked Abdul Hodge in the 3rd round.
Abdul Hodge and Oren Burks. Two ILD draftees who will go down in Packer infamy!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge had horrible knees and never made it into the final 53, I believe. Should never have been drafted.
I don't even recognize the name. But the Packers drafted a lot pf forgettable guys from the 70s to the late 80s.

Reaction score
I don't even recognize the name. But the Packers drafted a lot pf forgettable guys from the 70s to the late 80s.
What’s crazy is Those guys are all relatively recent draft selections, inside Rodgers time on the Active Roster.
It’s not like we’re having to reach to Bart Starr or Lynn Dickey days to see how bad we drafted at ILB early in. Some of those Draft darts missed the dart board altogether, then sailed through the bar area and hit customers! (hell, ive still got scars)

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abdul Hodge made it to GB's 53 his rookie year, I was wrong. Was a 3rd rounder in 2006 after being a 3X All Big Ten LB at Iowa. Bounced around for a few years with other teams, now a coach.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abdul Hodge made it to GB's 53 his rookie year, I was wrong. Was a 3rd rounder in 2006 after being a 3X All Big Ten LB at Iowa. Bounced around for a few years with other teams, now a coach.
Interesting but I don't remember the guy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s crazy is Those guys are all relatively recent draft selections, inside Rodgers time on the Active Roster.
It’s not like we’re having to reach to Bart Starr or Lynn Dickey days to see how bad we drafted at ILB early in. Some of those Draft darts missed the dart board altogether, then sailed through the bar area and hit customers! (hell, ive still got scars)
We all have scars!

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True, Hodge even played in eight games for the Packers during his rookie campaign. He missed the 2007 season because of a knee injury and was released at final cutdowns a year later.

Members online

Latest posts