2023 5th Round Pick #149: Sean Clifford, QB, Penn State

Reaction score
Speaking of Captain he would have probably corrected you since that song was sung by Captain not about Captain.
I know it. I was using all my brain trying to connect those 2 dots I’m sorry it’s the best I could do. Just the familiarity was comforting
I actually miss his tough love. It’s like a part of me is gone and feeling of abandonment are welling up inside of me. I’m trying to fill the emptiness he left behind or the emptiness he caused I’m not sure which? He would certainly want me to continue on and not mourn him like this. :tup:

Clifford seems like a good pick. So far so good we just have to keep stacking good games together. I still feel like he’ll be fine to come in as a relief QB if needed. Hopefully we won’t find out anytime soon though

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Clifford seems like a good pick. So far so good we just have to keep stacking good games together. I still feel like he’ll be fine to come in as a relief QB if needed. Hopefully we won’t find out anytime soon though
<in my best Captain imitation> Stats until now don't bear out Clifford being any good so he was a wasted pick. Preseason & potential is not evidence. Gute could have traded out and gotten better.

Reaction score
<in my best Captain imitation> Stats until now don't bear out Clifford being any good so he was a wasted pick. Preseason & potential is not evidence. Gute could have traded out and gotten better.
Yes. and Always be sure and start with
“I’m convinced” for full effect :)
Very good old Grasshopper

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Captain he would have probably corrected you since that song was sung by Captain not about Captain.
I hate to correct you, but Captain was on the keyboard, and his Sister, Tennille, sang the song. :)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right! The were married to each other, not bro and sis. I had one of those senior moments on that part! :)
Kind of puts this board in perspective. Your newest place for disinformation. Oldschool was wrong that the song was about the Captain, I was wrong about who actually sang the song and Voyageur was wrong about the relationship of the artists. Fox News has nothing on us.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Post rookie season idea. If I'm the Vikings / Bears, seeing the Packers seemingly good luck / success at drafting QBs, do I throw a late 3rd / 4th at Gute for Clifford? Minn can resign Cousins and let Cliffie sit a season behind him or compete with Fields or a rookie draft pick in camp in Chicago? Does Gute take it and try to find a replacement in the draft?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Post rookie season idea. If I'm the Vikings / Bears, seeing the Packers seemingly good luck / success at drafting QBs, do I throw a late 3rd / 4th at Gute for Clifford? Minn can resign Cousins and let Cliffie sit a season behind him or compete with Fields or a rookie draft pick in camp in Chicago? Does Gute take it and try to find a replacement in the draft?
only if they don't think he's good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts