2022 Pick #258 Samori Toure, WR (Nebraska)

D

Deleted member 6794

If indeed Shenault was available, and Jacksonville required a pick sent along with Amari Rogers, which pick are you willing to part with?

I would be fine with giving up a third rounder along with Amari to acquire Shenault. I'm not sure the Jags would agree to it though.

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s Samorie that is making his Sophomore leap. He had a nice growth spurt and is now up over 200lb.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toure to me was every bit of what I liked about Trey Palmer this year, oober productive from a less than lethal school, and physically gifted.

If we don’t add any veteran to the room Toure is going to be given tons of chances to be one of the top four WRs here.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s Samorie that is making his Sophomore leap. He had a nice growth spurt and is now up over 200lb.

Maybe the WR room is finally taking shape and if it does, they did it without using a first rounder ;) @tynimiller

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How dare they follow the script which for decades has worked in GB….lol
Well it (the script) sure didn't seem to work after Davante was picked in 2014 ;)

After Adams was selected and until the 2022 draft, TT and Gute drafted 10 WR's and signed countless UDFA's and FA's, besides MVS, the Packers saw very little return out of any of them as WR's.

If one were to say that there was a "script" for drafting successful WR's in GB, it seems to be to take them in round 2.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it (the script) sure didn't seem to work after Davante was picked in 2014 ;)

After Adams was selected and until the 2022 draft, TT and Gute drafted 10 WR's and signed countless UDFA's and FA's, besides MVS, the Packers saw very little return out of any of them as WR's.

If one were to say that there was a "script" for drafting successful WR's in GB, it seems to be to take them in round 2.
Eh no script is a hundred percent but to be fair they got away from using second round on WRs during that run too.

Reaction score

Yeah I was just going to say the vast majority were Day3 guys (your last sentence eluded to that) You often need 2 or 3 of those Day3 guys just to get one good one to stick (MVS)

I went back and watched some film of Toure. His biggest concern was his slight frame. He just put on like 8 pounds of muscle and he’s filling out his frame now. Possibly just growing into his body later as a late bloomer. I think he had the most room for growth of those 3 drafted last year.. now he’s displaying flower buds. We all remember how strength training made Bak flourish when he was somewhat undersized.

Watch that TD pass from Rodgers, he has a really great Head fake and his routes are crisp. Very good concentration and footwork on keeping his eyes like lasers on the ball.

He also has good footwork coming out of the gate off press coverage. Near veteran like feet.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Eh no script is a hundred percent but to be fair they got away from using second round on WRs during that run too.
Not just that, but they never signed any quality FA WR's. Personally, I think the market for the top ones gets too high, so if you can development them, all the better. I still will always wonder what Rodgers would have been able to do with a better receiving room over the last 5 or so years, but that ship has sailed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts