2022 Pick #258 Samori Toure, WR (Nebraska)

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if a thread was created yet for this pick but here it is.

Packers conclude their 2022 Draft with Samori Toure - WR (Nebraska)

Watching the Huskers last year... Toure was the only weapon on that Nebraska offense -- he basically took over for Wan'Dale Moore.
Huskers did such a poor job utilizing Moore, that he transferred to Kentucky and had a career year, that's how cr@ppy the scheme is.
If Amari Rodgers doesn't figure it out -- Toure will push him.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Toure, but it’s worth noting he’s kinda old. He’s a year and a half older than Amari Rodgers for example.

I think two of Sammy, Rodgers, and Toure make the roster. Rodgers downside is that if he isn’t returning, and I doubt he is, he has almost zero ST’s value. Cobb doesn’t either. How many of those guys can you roster that are on the tail end of the depth chart?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Toure, but it’s worth noting he’s kinda old. He’s a year and a half older than Amari Rodgers for example.

I think two of Sammy, Rodgers, and Toure make the roster. Rodgers downside is that if he isn’t returning, and I doubt he is, he has almost zero ST’s value. Cobb doesn’t either. How many of those guys can you roster that are on the tail end of the depth chart?

Yeah I'm not sure Amari makes the team

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The more I read about and watch Toure, the more I like. I think he could be the steal of the 7th round. He was a transfer out of Montana and had only 1 year at Nebraska, where he became the instant #1 WR. His final season at Montana in itself was impressive

- 87 rec.
- 1,495 yards
- 17.2/rec
- 13 TDS
- 124.6 yds/game ave.

Then he goes to Nebraska for his senior year and has some really impressive outings against some pretty talented defenses.

VS Ohio State: 4 catches, 150 yds.
VS Wisconsin: 7 catches, 113 yds
VS Northwestern: 2 catches, 108 yds.

One year on a crappy Nebraska team and he has:

- 46 rec.
- 898 yards
- 19.5/rec (led the Big10)
- 5 TDS
- 74.8 yds/game

He is definitely going to need to hit the weight room and he isn't the fastest WR on the field, but this guy seems like someone that may stick longer than most 7th rounders.

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure Amari makes the team

If the kid doesn't fit during training camp then ship him to Jacksonville.

He can continue the trend and reunite with Trevor Lawrence.

In return we get a mid late round pick or trade straight up for Laviska Shenault.

Win win.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
straight up for Laviska Shenault.

Win win.

I doubt the Jags would feel that was a win for them.

Amari no doubt had a tough rookie year, but he also didn't get many opportunities. I expect to see a much improved player, that will get a lot of opportunities to prove himself.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the Jags would feel that was a win for them.

Amari no doubt had a tough rookie year, but he also didn't get many opportunities. I expect to see a much improved player, that will get a lot of opportunities to prove himself.

Maybe it would be nice to dangle that carrot out to the Jaguars with the hope they bite to appease Lawrence.

I think Laviska Shenault would add to the WR room another type of receiver in the vein of Samuels, Woods, or the recently drafted Burks.

YAC man.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're not getting Laviska for Amari straight up....I would be we would have to give a 4th or 5th also with him minimum...maybe even a 3rd for them to be willing to do that. Wouldn't even give it another thought honestly.

Amari struggled last year, but from everyone I've talked to and what I saw it had NOTHING to do with his skillset but was all between the ears. He was not relaxed at all and it showed. FINALLY very late in the year we saw a few returns that cutting and weaving Amari of old come out. That sure handed hard to bring down Amari of old. I truly think as he gets more and more comfortable we will see what everyone knows is there. The question is just what is his ceiling...right now it appears to be lower than most thought of old...but now is his chance to showcase it may be as high as most envisioned during the draft.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're not getting Laviska for Amari straight up....I would be we would have to give a 4th or 5th also with him minimum...maybe even a 3rd for them to be willing to do that. Wouldn't even give it another thought honestly.

Amari struggled last year, but from everyone I've talked to and what I saw it had NOTHING to do with his skillset but was all between the ears. He was not relaxed at all and it showed. FINALLY very late in the year we saw a few returns that cutting and weaving Amari of old come out. That sure handed hard to bring down Amari of old. I truly think as he gets more and more comfortable we will see what everyone knows is there. The question is just what is his ceiling...right now it appears to be lower than most thought of old...but now is his chance to showcase it may be as high as most envisioned during the draft.

I'm just floating out ideas. I have confidence Amari Rodgers will earn his keep, and its not an indictment on him as a player. I just think if he wasn't comfortable then what's wrong testing the market and seeing what's out there.

I don't think there's anything wrong with approaching a team about a potential trade.

Green Bay doesn't always have to be reactionary when it comes to trades.

I think if Shenault could be had for Rodgers and possibly a mid round pick then you do it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just floating out ideas. I have confidence Amari Rodgers will earn his keep, and its not an indictment on him as a player. I just think if he wasn't comfortable then what's wrong testing the market and seeing what's out there.

I don't think there's anything wrong with approaching a team about a potential trade.

Green Bay doesn't always have to be reactionary when it comes to trades.

I think if Shenault could be had for Rodgers and possibly a mid round pick then you do it.

Gute is anything but reactionary. That man has placed more calls about feeling out trades and such it is incredible. One thing I know for certain is Gute has his staff CONSTANTLY keeping tabs and the pulse of potential ways of improving this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Gute is anything but reactionary. That man has placed more calls about feeling out trades and such it is incredible. One thing I know for certain is Gute has his staff CONSTANTLY keeping tabs and the pulse of potential ways of improving this team.

Yes and that is just the stuff we eventually hear about. I can imagine a lot goes on behind the scenes that isn't made public. I also do not get the sense that Gute is ever sitting pat with his roster before, during or after the season, he is always looking for ways to improve it. Not that TT wasn't a good GM, but his strengths and a bit of his weakness, was sticking to developing his own guys, sometimes to the detriment of improving the team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To put it in examples....

Guy walks into Gutes/TT office and says "Rumor is Deebo Samuel might be available want us to look into it?"

TT response would have been..."Nah, they'll call us if they want to deal him and then we can probably get a better deal waiting."

Gute response would have been..."That's what your job is, why didn't you know before news broke that this was an option? And what do they want for him?"

Reaction score
I’m going to Amari Defense until proven otherwise. As of now we’re comparing first year Rookies with decent college production to a 2nd year player who was primarily ST.

Obviously I don’t get to see Amari day 2 day, but unless there’s a personal issue idk about? Such as being defiant etc..like Ty was getting. No way do we kick him to the curb.

As far as getting Toure in the 7th? I didn’t follow him, but I still recognized his name from college ball in just watching highlights or whatever. After studying him, I’m surprised he wasn’t picked in that 150-175 range. I’m still trying to learn why he was underrated in the WR pool. Was it just that loaded of a draft? Idk.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm quite sure Gutekunst is trying everything to improve the roster, approaching teams about possible trades as well. It's not realistic to believe the Jaguars would trade Shenault for Rodgers straight up though.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite sure Gutekunst is trying everything to improve the roster, approaching teams about possible trades as well. It's not realistic to believe the Jaguars would trade Shenault for Rodgers straight up though.
If indeed Shenault was available, and Jacksonville required a pick sent along with Amari Rogers, which pick are you willing to part with?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if a thread was created yet for this pick but here it is.

Packers conclude their 2022 Draft with Samori Toure - WR (Nebraska)

Watching the Huskers last year... Toure was the only weapon on that Nebraska offense -- he basically took over for Wan'Dale Moore.
Huskers did such a poor job utilizing Moore, that he transferred to Kentucky and had a career year, that's how cr@ppy the scheme is.
If Amari Rodgers doesn't figure it out -- Toure will push him.
Touri will do more than push him.

Members online

Latest posts