2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitwit248

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Penn State site's take on Walker.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d agree on a normal year, however Covid caused a massive amount of prospects and you’re seriously seeing four year starters at big programs still there…on a normal year Walker is a fifth or so I bet.

Besides late day 3 is almost always where your STs are built on, the Tariq pick could be massive given the unique profile he is.
I do get that just found the 7th round excitement amusing. Truth is nearly every single draft pick starting at #1 is a roll of the dice which is why I was not at all upset about the Pack wasting way too much draft capital to move up and grab a receiver that is not guaranteed to be a superstar

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my god Samori is one of my guys I love late I just didn’t think he’d last this long. Wow

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ****ing hate the cowboys soooo much! Them and Denver can just eat a pile of crap for breakfast every day for all I care.
I found a Long Pillow in a dumpster Dallas Cowpukes....and a binky too. I took the binky as I can use it to wipe my butt. And it is a binky. I can also use it for a mud rug outside.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must eat some crow

Gute did his job this week

Stood pat, sat still and grabbed two of the most athletic, productive, high-ceiling prospects off that downright disgustingly destructive natty chip Georgia D Kirby Smart cultivated in the 1st

Then pulled the trigger and plucked a dynamic prospect at WR in our sweet spot (early-to-mid 2nd)

In all he selected 3 young wideouts extra beef for the defensive line and plenty of clay to mold for a special teams unit needing some juice

We added attitude for our run D (Yeah-we're coming to punch you in the f***ing mouth-San Fran)

Plus, he made sure the cupboards were restocked in the offensive line portion of the kitchen

I cannot complain

Quite pleased with Gutey-good job, Sir

A yeoman's work of an effort in the Packer war room this weekend-I give this draft an A

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must eat some crow

Stood pat, sat still and grabbed two of the most athletic, productive, high-ceiling prospects off that downright disgustingly destructive natty chip Georgia D Kirby Smart cultivated in the 1st

Then pulled the trigger and plucked a dynamic prospect at WR in our sweet spot (early-to-mid 2nd)

In all he selected 3 young wideouts extra beef for the defensive line and plenty of clay to mold for a special teams unit needing some juice

We added attitude for our run D (Yeah-we're coming to punch you in the f***ing mouth-San Fran)

Plus, he made sure the cupboards were restocked in the offensive line portion of the kitchen

I cannot complain

A yeoman's work of an effort in the Packer war room this weekend-I give this draft an A

Attachments

• A05BED80-BEB7-41AF-AF36-98035DC08754.jpeg
    A05BED80-BEB7-41AF-AF36-98035DC08754.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 110

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing that we pick up guys for development on our roster, probably guys that will compete for depth or ST play in year one.

I'm no prophet though, guess we will see if they use them on picks. LOL
I stand corrected. We got some good value out of those 7th round picks. Let's see if they pan out. Also like Goodson as a UDFA.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Also signed ex-Badger WR Danny Davis. He showed some flash at times, but too inconsistent. Injuries and an off the field incident also didn't help.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I must eat some crow

I cannot complain

And they got the wr you specificly asked for..

Glad you admitted how you feel now

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must eat some crow

I cannot complain

Gute hit it out of the park. Now make it work.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute hit it out of the park. Now make it work.
Agreed. There's nothing not to like about this draft (well other than hoping Tony heals quickly!). I sure didn't see the early run on WRs. In hindsight it makes sense. If these guys are going to start getting $20 mil plus/tear, best to have some inexpensive rookie talent on board. And between what the Packers missed in WRs, and what they got - well I don't see much difference. So it was good not to reach in round 1 and bolster the D with some solid picks, and then round out WRs in the rest of the draft.

Good job all around. As you say, now they gotta show it on the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I sure didn't see the early run on WRs. In hindsight it makes sense. If these guys are going to start getting $20 mil plus/tear, best to have some inexpensive rookie talent on board.
Not saying "I told you so", but...I told you so. I figured with the weak QB stock and what has happened with WR salaries, that run would come early and fast. I am kind of glad that the Packers played it out and didn't jump up to try and get Burks or Olave. Would have been a lot pricier than what they did in round 2 to get Watson.

What is interesting. Even if the Packers sign a low priced vet WR for say $5M/year, their total WR payroll will be way less than the amount of money they would have paid just Davante. Currently, without the 3 drafted rookies salaries, they are at: $15.115M. Hell, toss in the TE's ($10.685M) and without the 3 rookies, you are under Adam's salary for 15 players.

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must eat some crow

I cannot complain

Lol. Well said. 100% agree.
And SF you been NOTIFIED!.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying "I told you so", but...I told you so. I figured with the weak QB stock and what has happened with WR salaries, that run would come early and fast. I am kind of glad that the Packers played it out and didn't jump up to try and get Burks or Olave. Would have been a lot pricier than what they did in round 2 to get Watson.

What is interesting. Even if the Packers sign a low priced vet WR for say $5M/year, their total WR payroll will be way less than the amount of money they would have paid just Davante. Currently, without the 3 drafted rookies salaries, they are at: $15.115M. Hell, toss in the TE's ($10.685M) and without the 3 rookies, you are under Adam's salary for 15 players.
Yeah and that's why I wonder if this WR salary inflation is an aberration. Your analysis shows how you could pay for, say 10 guys for what one guy would cost. I love Adams but never thought that salary was a good idea. I'm glad he wanted out. Now we'll have to see if it was worth it. I don't think that's a tough analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts