2022 Free Agents signings for the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just getting it ready. I don't foresee a lot of Free Agents signed by the Packers, but if they can work out favorable deals with #12 and #17, there might be.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell. Or are you one of those people who say your own don't count.

I know, technically he was not a free agent but he would have been so I'm of the opinion that he counts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Campbell. Or are you one of those people who say your own don't count.

I know, technically he was not a free agent but he would have been so I'm of the opinion that he counts.
They had already negotiated with Campbell, prior to today. I don't really consider signing our own as free agent signings.

Reaction score
Just getting it ready. I don't foresee a lot of Free Agents signed by the Packers, but if they can work out favorable deals with #12 and #17, there might be.
Yes. One favorable thing about bigger contracts and bigger team commitments is bigger capital gymnastics. I don’t think we’re done.

We might be surprised with what we can do to make a move or two for outside FA help. Although we will likely offset those outside players with parting with several more of our own FA that we feel are not performing to the expected standard.

Right now our WR room is our biggest ?
Will we get help from outside at receiver? In some capacity TE or WR
I was excited last season of how Funchess looked early in (until injury) and how that more confident, veteran approach can have an immediate impact. I think he would’ve flourished in this Offense

I also like what we did with Mercilus last year. We just need better fortune on the injury front.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes. One favorable thing about bigger contracts and bigger team commitments is bigger capital gymnastics. I don’t think we’re done.

We might be surprised with what we can do to make a move or two for outside FA help. Although we will likely offset those outside players with parting with several more of our own FA that we feel are not performing to the expected standard.

Right now our WR room is our biggest ?
Will we get help from outside at receiver? In some capacity TE or WR
I was excited last season of how Funchess looked early in (until injury) and how that more confident, veteran approach can have an immediate impact. I think he would’ve flourished in this Offense

I also like what we did with Mercilus last year. We just need better fortune on the injury front.
The Packers have about 40 hrs to get under the Cap. I think their mental and capital gymnastics are going to be put to the test during that time frame.

Also, the free agency period of many years ago has shifted to one that has FA players basically committed to teams even before the 2 day tampering period. While there definitely will be players available after Wed., I would have preferred seeing the Packers in a much better state, than they are currently sitting at with the Rodgers deal not done and Adams stating he won't play under the tag.

Reaction score
The Packers have about 40 hrs to get under the Cap. I think their mental and capital gymnastics are going to be put to the test during that time frame.

Also, the free agency period of many years ago has shifted to one that has FA players basically committed to teams even before the 2 day tampering period. While there definitely will be players available after Wed., I would have preferred seeing the Packers in a much better state, than they are currently sitting at with the Rodgers deal not done and Adams stating he won't play under the tag.
Oh I agree that’s preferable. But it wouldn’t be normal to have major last second drama and these high profile guys intertwined. It’s getting very predictable and not in a good way.
I’ll honestly be glad when we are done with Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams and the game contract gyrations. It makes it hard to enjoy being a fan sometimes.

I feel like that kid on “Clerks” where he’s the clerk on the counter at the video store arguing with that goofy lady. She’s trying to get him to recommend a movie and he’s not biting at all. I’m not interested in this part of the sport it’s irritating at best..

It’s all a RUSE ! Matter of fact. I’m going to tweet this to Adams and Rodgers. Serious as a heart attack. If no response I’ll forward to Quadmaster, he’s often gracious to respond to my tweets. Dillon is super down to earth cool

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
By inking up Campbell I can’t help but be excited about this defense. The defense really came together as a unit and got better each game. The Packers go into 2022 with essentially the same unit plus a healthy Jaire Alexander. If they can lock up Rasul, I will be hard pressed to consider any other secondary a better unit. They are truly a DE away from perhaps the best defensive roster in football as a whole? Maybe that’s optimism, but think about it. They just inked one of the best ILB in the league, they have one of the best NTs in the league, Rashan Gary and Preston Smith are top 25 pass rushers, Jaire Alexander is a top 3 CB, Stokes is a rising star, Amos is a top 10 safety and Savage is boom or bust. Add Christian Watson or Chris Olave and an OT to this roster and it’s potentially the best roster they have had in a decade. I’m excited.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Sit out the first two weeks concentrating on getting some of our own re-signed. Let the usual band of idiots play and continue the destruction of their own teams. After two weeks see what's still available and identify those you may be willing and able to pursue to fill in any holes after the draft. Always buy in a buyers market should be the rule in Green Bay.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sit out the first two weeks concentrating on getting some of our own re-signed. Let the usual band of idiots play and continue the destruction of their own teams. After two weeks see what's still available and identify those you may be willing and able to pursue to fill in any holes after the draft. Always buy in a buyers market should be the rule in Green Bay.
TT? Is that you? ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had already negotiated with Campbell, prior to today. I don't really consider signing our own as free agent signings.

Fair enough. Lots of people don't for whatever reason. Like I said, I do consider it a free agent signing but I'm not going to say anyone is wrong if they don't.

Reaction score
I'm in total agreement on this. This staff has proved that it understands how to shop in the bargain bin effectively. I'd grab a few more low end contracts from our current Packer pool and then wait it out

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Fair enough. Lots of people don't for whatever reason. Like I said, I do consider it a free agent signing but I'm not going to say anyone is wrong if they don't.
It's better than losing your guy to another team, if you wanted to retain him, that is for sure. Also, he was "free" to sign with any of the other 31 teams, so that supports your "free agent" label. The reason I view it a bit different is that tampering rule breakage aside, prior to Monday, the Packers were the only team that should have really been talking to Campbell about a new contract, which it sounds like they did. So prior to free agency, both sides kind of knew where the others were at financially. I also see it as a resign of your own, because you are very familiar with that player and how he fits in with your team. Whereas, if the Packers signed Jarvis Landry tomorrow, this would be a completely new face, personality, skills, etc. and terms would have been hatched out during the tampering period or after the start of the new league year.

I guess I would call the Campbell signing as a "re-signing" of a Packer player. Sure he was a free agent, but he will still be listed as a being employed by the Packers from at least 2021-2023.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm in total agreement on this. This staff has proved that it understands how to shop in the bargain bin effectively. I'd grab a few more low end contracts from our current Packer pool and then wait it out

This staff also showed it was ready to spend big in free agency when they have cap space available. Obviously that's not the case this year.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Curious, out of the available Free Agents out there, who would be the least likely to be signed by the Packers. I'll start....Ndamukong Suh

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I really don't have any expectations to any FA signings. I guess I'm still deflated from last two years to have any hopes of any key signings will get us over the hump. We sign someone cool.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Antonio Brown
I almost added him. I really doubt the Packers or anyone really wants to go down that road, but he actually was having a decent year in TB.

He only played in 7 games, 3 which he started and he had 42 catches for 545 yards and 4 TDS. If you extrapolate that out to a full season, decent stats.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost added him. I really doubt the Packers or anyone really wants to go down that road, but he actually was having a decent year in TB.

He only played in 7 games, 3 which he started and he had 42 catches for 545 yards and 4 TDS. If you extrapolate that out to a full season, decent stats.
It's funny, a few years ago I was actually one of the people that was defending AB, but after all the stunts he pulled especially with how gracious Brady has been, and has essentially saved his career, keep that toxic waste away from our organization please! For as talented as he may be, he certainly isn't worth all the headaches and distractions.

Members online

Latest posts