2022 Draft Players To Watch Discussion Thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's early, however with college seasons up and firing on all cylinders of course many of us are already itching to discuss draft prospects and potentials. A lot is set to change for Green Bay next off season from needing to shave $50M roughly and the looming Rodgers/Adams saga as well as guys like MVS and Tonyan hitting FA if we let them.

This thread specifically though, is for college prospects we like and feel will fit a need for Green Bay.

I predict OLB is going to be high on the board for Gute and others as there is a chance Russ and Gute attempt to cut fewer players to make up more money and both Smiths are gone...one is for sure.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll get this started with Drake Jackson - OLB/Edge from USC 6'4" 255lbs

This cat played as a DE his freshman year over 270lbs, has since slimmed down to around mid 250s.

I predict he will score very well on RAS, but again till more information comes out with measurables hard to say. I've just been impressed with how often even when not making the play he is feet away - reminds me of Barnes in that sense (of course different position). The one issue I've seen in a few games and a few pundits also bring up is tackling technique needs refined - but there is a massive amount of potential in his athletic frame; and even kicks in with good hands (both in active in lane blocking and intercepting even).

Bad news is unless it is due to trading Aaron, I see him going well before we have a pick - he is presently my #2 Edge/OLB in the draft.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aidan Hutchinson OLB/Edge from Michigan 6'5" 270lbs

I love this dude, and as a Notre Dame fan that is tough to say - let alone make him and Drake (USC) be the first two I profile. Aidan has caught my eye for a while but oh my word this dude has hit the ground running in 2021 with as many sacks through his first four games as he has had his entire career. However, sacks isn't all this cat does, plays the run very well and his strength sets a solid edge while at times disrupting with leverage from both inside and outside. His motor is something to behold if you catch a Wolverine game.

He is solidly in at my #3 OLB/EDGE list at the moment and imagine a selection that pegs an old teammate of Gary on the other side of him?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they put a little too much stock in those RAS scores. If you can't tackle what good are you? They at least need to re-evaluate their day 1 & 2 criteria for defensive players. Day 3 RAS seems to have worked out pretty well. Some guys are just darn good football players and GB does not have enough of them on the defensive side of the ball.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they put a little too much stock in those RAS scores. If you can't tackle what good are you? They at least need to re-evaluate their day 1 & 2 criteria for defensive players. Day 3 RAS seems to have worked out pretty well. Some guys are just darn good football players and GB does not have enough of them on the defensive side of the ball.

Trust me it isn't that he can't, it is rare in games but is IMO purely technique in pursuit tackles refinement may be needed. I've yet to watch an entire game of his this year, but have watched highlights and have not seen it rear it's head this season yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Pittman was in 2020 and Bateman was in 2021 - Chris Olave is my 2022 favorite all around WR. Dude is just a stud and honestly had he come out last year I wouldn't have argued picking him with our first rounder. I believe he is that good and has the serious potential to become a bonafide #1 during his 3rd season if not sooner IMO.

Chris Olave out of Ohio State 6'1" 189lbs

Mark it down, he is going to be good.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers currently have several pretty good players on the defensive side of the ball as well. Barry needs to come up with a scheme to hide their weaknesses, especially on the defensive line.

Unfortunately they might have to move on from some of them next offseason to get under the cap though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
How many compensatory picks do we have foe 22 draft and where are they projected to be?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's early, however with college seasons up and firing on all cylinders of course many of us are already itching to discuss draft prospects and potentials. A lot is set to change for Green Bay next off season from needing to shave $50M roughly and the looming Rodgers/Adams saga as well as guys like MVS and Tonyan hitting FA if we let them.

This thread specifically though, is for college prospects we like and feel will fit a need for Green Bay.

I predict OLB is going to be high on the board for Gute and others as there is a chance Russ and Gute attempt to cut fewer players to make up more money and both Smiths are gone...one is for sure.
How bout Defensive line? That is the most glaring weakness of the last 10 years.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Inside Linebacker was? Would you guys make up my mind please.
P.S. - I almost forgot about reading how weak the wide receivers have been for Rodgers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Inside Linebacker was? Would you guys make up my mind please.
P.S. - I almost forgot about reading how weak the wide receivers have been for Rodgers.

While ILB has been a spot I’d hoped for a more game changer type, I’ve always said I’d lean DL or DB if similar ranked guys are there when I pick.

Just improve the roster baby

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I won't do a full breakdown but as always I want us to add a iDL at some point before the 5th round - without forcing a pick of course. My list, VERY early include:

DeMarvin Leal *may very well be best now despite me not listing in a specific ranking
Jordan Davis
Perrion Winfrey
Haskell Garrett
Jared Harrison-Hunte
Zacch Pickens (may not come out)
Travis Jones

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zach Harrison EDGE guy out of Ohio State - 6'6' 268lbs

I love the diversity and athleticism Zach displays - takes a lot for a Buckeye hater to say two of my favorite prospects are from Ohio State (Olave other). But Zach I feel is going to light the combine up with his speed measurements and explosiveness - the question will be how he has come along with aspects which the cone drill will display (change of direction). His length and closing speed however are special.

Members online

No members online now.