2021 Season - 1st Quarter Assessment

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As per usual, the team is positioned well with a 1 game lead over the 2nd place Bears. This organization seems to use September as an extension of the pre-season on an annual basis. Good reasons for optimism include seeing plenty of 1st and 2nd year players getting a good amount of game experience, our new punter has been a very noticeable upgrade over our experience with Scott, and our young and inexperienced offensive linemen have been far better as a unit than I could have reasonably hoped for. Newcomers like Campbell, Bojo, Newman, Myers and Stokes have all contributed to giving this team a better overall look.

Negatives- blocking on special teams is still weak and we still appear to not have a legitimate punt returner on this roster imo.
Both offense and defense has had early season inconsistencies in execution. Injuries piling up to key players are going to further challenge this team during the 2nd quarter of the season.
Overall, I'd grade this team's performance as a solid B+ so far.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negatives- blocking on special teams is still weak and we still appear to not have a legitimate punt returner on this roster imo.
Amari looked decent to me on the 1st punt that was called back. He hit it up the middle and showed a burst of speed. imho

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams do continue to suck although punting has improved. The rest of the team is very talented with good balance and depth before the onslaught of injuries. Not much you can do when you lose 4 to 5 pro bowl caliber players at once. There is a tipping point where depth isn't good to replace every star that goes down, especially at cb. I like the Packers chances as a healthy team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Amari would be more ready for the NFL than he has been. I think he's thinking and not just playing. Common problem with youth, but once he figures out he belongs and just plays with his ability, you can see it's there and I suspect he'll be showing us a lot more from the halfway point on.

Reaction score
Both offense and defense has had early season inconsistencies in execution.

I don't remember a year when players screw up on some plays, then come back
a quarter or two later and redeem themselves.
I think that is a healthy sign that they know they have to improve and it's NOW
not next week.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You told me through four we'd be down for half or more of those games our best two LTs, Z. Smith and King (insert rolleyes...speaking before season started - very few have been higher on Stokes than I, but even I didn't like relying on him initially) - we would be sitting 3-1 with the division lead. I'd have taken that without hesitation.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He doesn't look comfortable in that role at all. It all looks very unnatural to him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well overall Rodgers still has very limited experience returning punts in the NFL. :D

You're right about it being way too early to fairly evaluate Rodgers as a punt returner but I fully expected him to look more natural doing it from the get-go.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team once again goes only as far as Aaron Rodgers wants to take us. He didn't wanna take us to the Superbowl last year...we didn't get there.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many cracks did he have to win the game? Did he win the game? Do YOU guys think before YOU post or do you just regurgitate the opinions of the local media who love Rodgers?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many cracks did he have to win the game? Did he win the game? Do YOU guys think before YOU post or do you just regurgitate the opinions of the local media who love Rodgers?

Ignorance is bliss isn’t it?

I’m far from a Rodgers apologist but your statement is just lunacy

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I thought Amari would be more ready for the NFL than he has been. I think he's thinking and not just playing. Common problem with youth, but once he figures out he belongs and just plays with his ability, you can see it's there and I suspect he'll be showing us a lot more from the halfway point on.
Probably explains why he was still available in the middle of the 3rd round. I was excited when the Packers drafted him, but based on past history, kind of figured he won't be doing much until year 2 or even not til 3. As long as Davante, Cobb and Lazard stay healthy for most of the season, I think there is a lot less pressure on the Packers to play Amari, until he is fully ready.

As far as Amari on punt returns, I don't think he really has had much of a chance. I see 4 returns, 2 fair catches and a long of 17, that isn't too bad. I think as he gets more comfortable and the Special teams plays together more, he might break one.

Reaction score
Don't you think before posting??????
Was this meant for me!?! Well I NEVER!..
It sorta does have ME written all over it
I don’t think until just afterwards snd “edit” is my best friend. I even once got a 2-pack of White Out in my Christmas stocking. I’m not sure what the message was there from Mother. It’s ok I bought her an Egg Poacher the following Christmas, you should’ve seen the look on her face !

I like the B+ rating. We can’t afford much more in the way of significant injuries. Hopefully we start getting players back this week. One would think Elgton by next week. David Johann Bakh should be performing Orchestral foot works a few weeks later and flexing his Canons

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just am happy now to know if we don’t win a super bowl is only because Aaron doesn’t want to this year.

I am attempting to get in touch with him or his agent because if they know maybe he’ll consider wanting to win it.

@RicFlairoftheNFL I’m kinda mad you kept this secret for so long.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup - Aaron Rodgers hates Gute so he tanked it in the NFCCG just to stick it to him. This was right after Aaron Rodgers stormed the nation's capital as part of the Jan 6th attack.

You guys are all clueless sheep of the media. :p

p.s. Aaron Rodgers was "Deep-Throat"
(edit - had to add the quotes and hyphen above because "Deep-Throat" without those things is apparently a naughty phrase)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed overall. This team has the tools to go to the Super Bowl. I really believe in the notion that Green Bay should continue to run the ball more and more. We have two incredible horses, an O-line that is good at pass protection but even better at run blocking, a great blocking TE in Lewis, and a really good blocking WR in Lazard. Utilize all of those tools more and more this season, and AR12 will be able to shred defenses when he does throw the ball. Rodgers should be on board too, as it makes big hits/injuries less likely and a SB win more likely....which all makes his "monkey wrench" position even stronger in the off-season next year.

Latest posts