2021 Dantés Draft Thread

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I read Jones had signed. That would be a tough choice if Barmore was there at 29 as well as some of the guys that have been discussed but that their position group is much deeper.
DL
29- Barmore
62-X
92- Nixon, Onwuzurke, McNeil, Togai, Basham, M. Williams no particular order
135-142- Tufele, Twyman, Tupoluto, Odighiz, Shelvin, Marshall, Brown, no particular order
173-178- Odeyingo, Graham, Tonga, Slaton
2 total DL or 1 plus a FA

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Barmore makes it to #29, I'd be a little nervous. He's the clear top option in this class. If virtually every team with an iDL need passes on him, then I would really wonder if the character concerns that I've heard mentioned are legit.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers "rumor mill" is in full gear and scaring a few teams (possibly) off from picking him. There's so much smoke out there in the week before draft I have a hard time believing any of it is true. Wonder if it could be Tampa starting the rumors?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers "rumor mill" is in full gear and scaring a few teams (possibly) off from picking him. There's so much smoke out there in the week before draft I have a hard time believing any of it is true. Wonder if it could be Tampa starting the rumors?

Simply not the case. This isn't something new which has swirled. Personally I haven't found that much of it...more than just a personality type thing, but it has been out there about him for a LONG time, well before just even this month.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply not the case. This isn't something new which has swirled. Personally I haven't found that much of it...more than just a personality type thing, but it has been out there about him for a LONG time, well before just even this month.
I'm not finding anything prior to 8 days ago...I'll stick with my smokescreen opinion. If he's there at 29 I'd welcome him to pair with Clark

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

NFL teams know about issues far before anything gets released in the media.

Issues released to the media aren’t going to change what an NFL team does.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My last guess about who is locked in to go before the Packers pick:
  1. T. Lawrence, QB, CLEM
  2. Z. Wilson, QB, BYU
  3. J. Fields, QB, OSU
  4. T. Lance, QB, NDSU
  5. M. Jones, QB, UA
  6. T. Etienne, RB, CLEM (or whichever RB goes first)
  7. K. Pitts, TE, FLA
  8. J. Chase, WR, CLEM
  9. D. Smith, WR, UA
  10. J. Waddle, WR, UA
  11. P. Sewell, OT, OR
  12. R. Slater, OL, NW
  13. C. Darrisaw, OT, VTU
  14. A. Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
  15. J. Phillips, ED, MIA
  16. K. Payes, ED, UM
  17. M. Parsons, LB, PSU
  18. J. Owusu-Koramoah, LB, ND
  19. Z. Collins, LB, TUL
  20. P. Surtain, CB, UA
  21. J. Horn, CB, SC
And these would be my top 15 from there:
  1. T. Jenkins, OL, OKST
  2. C. Barmore, iDL, UA
  3. G. Newsome, CB, NW
  4. E. Moore, WR, MISS
  5. A. Samuel, CB, FSU
  6. T. Moehrig, S, TCU
  7. A. Leatherwood, OL, UA
  8. J. Davis, LB, UK
  9. T. Marshall, WR, LSU
  10. C. Humphrey, OC, OK
  11. R. Bateman, WR, MIN
  12. K. Toney, WR, FLA
  13. J. Oweh, ED, PSU
  14. P. Turner, ED, HOU
  15. J. Tryon, ED, UW

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Late buzz from mock drafters who tend to be "in the know" is pointing to receiver for the Packers.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean anything. But I'm seeing a lot of Elijah Moore, Kadarius Toney, Rashod Bateman, and Terrace Marshall here in the final hours.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Late buzz from mock drafters who tend to be "in the know" is pointing to receiver for the Packers.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean anything. But I'm seeing a lot of Elijah Moore, Kadarius Toney, Rashod Bateman, and Terrace Marshall here in the final hours.

To be fair while I have my order of those 4...I wouldn't be opposed to any of them. If you asked me to pick of those 4 only

It's a tie between Bateman and Elijah...all depends which style MLF tells me makes us deadly to win a SB in 2021.

Then I'd go Marshal and lastly Toney

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
To be fair while I have my order of those 4...I wouldn't be opposed to any of them. If you asked me to pick of those 4 only

It's a tie between Bateman and Elijah...all depends which style MLF tells me makes us deadly to win a SB in 2021.

Then I'd go Marshal and lastly Toney

Between the two, I take Moore-- Bateman's skill set is more redundant to Adams'.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between the two, I take Moore-- Bateman's skill set is more redundant to Adams'.

To be fair with Funchess, Lazard and EQ on roster...I'd see Moore offering more immediately but you know how tough that is as I LOVE Bateman

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Any of those guys would be great my order would be bateman, tmarsh, toney, moore.

I kinda have a feeling it's gonna be jenkins if he's there...

I also have a hard time seeing them pass on barmore. I don't know anything about the character stufd and unlike gary gleeful I don't believe that nothing that comes out in the media affects teams opinions and that they know everything first. Mostly yeah...not always. Gute has to weigh if how good the dude is is worth the risk

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How I will feel if these guys are available at 29.
The pinch me I must be dreaming group. OL-AVT DB-Moehring
Wow this worked out well - OL- Jenkins
Injury issues? - OL- Little DB- Farley & Newsome
This will work- DB- Samuel WR- E. Moore DL- Barmore
I can live with him- WR- Bateman & Marshall
Please don't take him - WR- Toney

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say @Dantés nails the first 21 taken....I'm guessing Moehrig, Newsome, Farely, Barmore, Bateman and Jenkins are gone as well next. That next pick I'm too torn on....which leaves me with probably thinking we hear either Oweh, Elijah Moore's or (one not listed as a wildcard pick) is Jevon Holland

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How I will feel if these guys are available at 29.
The pinch me I must be dreaming group. OL-AVT DB-Moehring
Wow this worked out well - OL- Jenkins
Injury issues? - OL- Little DB- Farley & Newsome
This will work- DB- Samuel WR- E. Moore DL- Barmore
I can live with him- WR- Bateman & Marshall
Please don't take him - WR- Toney

I'd take Bateman over Toney but Toney would certainly add a LOT to this offense and I'd be perfectly ecstatic to add him.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgive me if it's already been covered, but why is everyone so down on Toney? Is it the one year wonder thing? I watched a lot of Florida this year as a Bulldog's fan and I have a draft crush on Pitts... I thought Toney was electric and extremely shifty. I don't want to say too much to influence any response, but I'd be absolutely ok if he was the pick.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgive me if it's already been covered, but why is everyone so down on Toney? Is it the one year wonder thing? I watched a lot of Florida this year as a Bulldog's fan and I have a draft crush on Pitts... I thought Toney was electric and extremely shifty. I don't want to say too much to influence any response, but I'd be absolutely ok if he was the pick.

I'm not sure, maybe they don't think he's big enough? He's lightning fast, well built, has above average agility, and great balance (rare for a defender to knock him over if it's not a solid tackle). He's also a little more raw than other receivers at route running but he certainly has the potential to be one of the best slot receivers/gadget players in the league.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's up with ****erson. He makes a lot of sense for us at 29. In some mocks he's even drafted earlier than where we're at (others he's falling out of the first).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Won't speak for others, but the big hesitation on Toney for me is his inability to get open because of his route running, rather than purely just being more gifted/athletic than the guy lined up against him. With the ball in his hands I don't think I know of anyone that doesn't love what he can do...even those somewhat down on him. His size is not much of a worry for me, as yes he is short but he is built like a running back almost...slender version of Amari Cooper.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Are these the same "in the know" mock drafters that had the Packers picking several WRs last year?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Are these the same "in the know" mock drafters that had the Packers picking several WRs last year?

Like I say, it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. But there was late buzz around Jordan Love a year ago.

Members online

Latest posts