2021 Dantés Draft Thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to highlight a few names on my list that haven't gotten a ton of play on this forum.

For example, Dyami Brown is a really interesting receiver prospect from North Carolina.

He came in at:

6'1" 189 lbs
32.75' arms
9.6" hands
38" vertical (79th)
128" broad (89th)
4.46 forty (63rd)
4.35 shuttle (24th)
6.87 3 cone (65th)
8.43 RAS

He was little used in 2018 (17/173/1) and then came on huge in 2019 (his age 19 season) with 51/1034/12 and then followed it up with 55/1099/8.

He won't turn 22 until November.

So he's a young, he broke out as a teenager, he's highly productive, he's long despite not being super tall and he's a plus athlete.

I think the reason that the hype on him has been so late has a lot to do with his usage at North Carolina. That offense is one of the most simplistic in the country, and basically asked him to be a vertical threat almost all the time. As you watch his technique to take advantage of corner leverage and stack them, it's clear that he could do a whole lot more if he was asked to. And one thing I dig about him is that he blocks his tail off. WR blocking matters for the Packers' offense a lot more than it does generally around the league.

I fully admit I always glanced past him, but to put forth two solid years with a team with 3 other bona-fide weapons that will be drafted is extremely impressive. I think his game play speed is faster than his shorts speed (similar to Amari Rodgers in that sense to me).

D

Deleted member 6794

VERY solid back up candidate with very outside chance to grow into a starter....personally if we didn't have Love on the roster and let Boyle walk proving confidence in Love - I'd be all for the Ian Book camp late...I just don't think it is needed however - add an UDFA and move on.

I don't think the Packers not offering Boyle $2.4 million has anything to do with them being confident in Love. That wouldn't have made any sense cap wise.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Offensive Line: It's difficult to know where the Packers will target help on the OL without knowing what their plans are for the current personnel. We know that Bakhtiari is a tackle. Beyond that, there is a ton of versatility and a lack of clarity as to where the team ideally wants to use players. Jenkins could ostensibly be a guard, center, or even tackle. Patrick could be a guard or center. Turner could be a guard or tackle. Runyan could be a guard or tackle.

So while I hope for true tackles because of their value, I'm open to help at any spot on the line. And perhaps the key is to just keep targeting versatile talent and let it shake out in camp.

Day 1/2-
  • Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (T/G)
  • Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (G/T)
  • Walker Little, Stanford (T)
  • Sam Cosmi, Texas (T)
  • Alex Leatherwood, Alabama (T/G)
  • Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma (C/G)
  • Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (T/G)
  • Quinn Meinerz, Wisc. Whitewater (C/G)
  • Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (G/T)
  • Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (T)
  • Trey Smith, Tennessee (G)
Day 3-
  • Tommy Doyle, Pittsburgh (T)
  • Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska (G/T)
  • Drew Dalman, Stanford (C)
  • Dan Moore, Texas AM (T/G)
  • Jared Hocker, Texas AM (G)
  • Chandon Herring, BYU (T/G)

Updating my lists a little bit.

Leatherwood's reported agility times came in at 4.65 at the SS and 7.45 in the 3C. This puts him well within the threshold that's been so kind to Green Bay, and I think he should be in the mix.

Also notable-- I found out that Spencer Brown, Dillon Radunz, and Teven Jenkins are 23 or will be 23 yo rookies. That's not a deal breaker for me, but it's not ideal.

The BYU prospects, specifically Christensen and Herring, will be 24. That's really not ideal.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Defensive Backs: I'm listing these guys as "CB" for true corners, "DB" for safety/slot versatile guys, and "S" for true safeties.

-Day 1/2:

• Greg Newsome, Northwestern (CB)
  • Jevon Holland, Oregon (DB)
  • Trevon Moehrig, TCU (S)
  • Ifaetu Melifonwu, Syracuse (CB)
  • Richie Grant, UCF (DB)
  • Robert Rochell, C. Arkansas (CB)
  • Paulson Adebo, Stanford (CB)
  • Aaron Robinson, UCF (CB)
-Day 3:
  • T. Gowan, UCF (CB)
  • Z. McPhearson, Texas Tech (CB)
  • Benjamin St. Juste, Minnesota (CB)
  • A. Cisco, Syracuse (S)
  • D. Forrest, Cincinnati (S)
  • M. Wilson, Florida (CB)
  • J. Pinnock, Pittsburgh (CB)
  • K. Taylor, Washington (CB)
  • T. Hufanga, USC (S)
  • J. Wiggins, Cincinnati (S)

Also came to realize that St. Juste will be a 24 year old rookie. I would not draft a guy that old in the top 100.

Aaron Robinson is on the older side at 23.

Also Mockdraftable has posted agility numbers for Tyson Campbell and Eric Stokes. They have:

4.45 SS (2nd %) and 7.15 3C (15th %) for Campbell.

4.36 SS (11th %) and 6.96 3C (43rd %) for Stokes.

Pretty disappointing results if accurate. I want to be careful, because this year it's harder than ever to know what is accurate regarding testing. But you would also think that pro days would tend to make results less accurate in a favorable direction concerning the player.

And it's just a reality that cornerbacks with such poor agility results succeeding in the NFL at a high level are very, very rare.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The more I look into this cornerback after the top 3 (Surtain, Horn, Newsome) class, the less I like what I'm seeing.
  • Caleb Farley: Based on what I've read/heard, back injury has a high chance of recurrence.
  • Tyson Campbell: His agility numbers put him in a class of athlete that virtually never succeeds at CB.
  • Eric Stokes: Likewise his agility numbers, while better, are in a range that almost never plays.
  • Aaron Robinson: Also poor agility results, and he's going to be an old rookie.
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu: Yet another corner with agility numbers that would make him an outlier.
  • Asante Samuel: Average athlete at a mere 180 lbs.
  • Kelvin Joseph: Off-field issues; no ball skills.
  • Paulson Adebo: Great athlete with ball skills, but a mess in respect to playing the position (Stanford coaching staff told Cosell that they don't think he should stay at corner).
  • Benjamin St. Juste: He's played one season of college football, and he was 23.
I don't know if there's something fishy with all of those poor shuttle times, or if this just happens to be a stiff bunch of corners. But if they're legit, they just don't look kindly upon the odds of success for these guys.

Adebo would be an intriguing project because of the tools, but I doubt he would offer anything at all in year one. I really, really like St. Juste a lot. He was shaping up to be my guy until I learned how old he is. To not have college football success until you're 23 and then to go on and be a successful NFL player? That doesn't happen too often.

So the alternatives that tend to be lower on boards but aren't as risky in their age/athleticism/production profiles:
  • Robert Rochell: 6'0" 193, 4.41 forty, 43" vert, 133" broad, 4.08 SS, 6.84 3C
  • Marco Wilson: 6'0" 191, 4.35 forty, 43.5" vert, 136" broad, 4.09 SS, 6.80 3C
  • Jason Pinnock: 6'1" 204, 4.49 forty, 39.5" vert, 128" broad, 4.10 SS, 6.90 3C
  • Zech McPhearson: 5'11" 191, 4.50 forty, 40.5" vert, 130" broad, 4.03 SS, 6.84 3C
If the Packers can't get their hands on Newsome, they might be best off passing on what's largely perceived to be the next tier of corners, and doubling up later on guys like this. Or they could possibly target a slot/safety type, a la Jevon Holland, early, and then take one of these developmental corners later.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With more information and a better idea of where guys are potentially getting drafted, I want to revisit the list of guys likely to be gone before the Packers select. The idea here is to rule out the "locks," while understanding that no one is truly a lock. Once you have a list of guys who are going to be off the board, one can form a better idea of who the Packers would be picking from.

QB: 5; While it's possible that the Mac Jones stuff is all smoke, and I recently saw that there are some efforts to cancel him for being a Republican (for shame!), I am pretty confident that five QB's will be off the board.

RB: 1; I have no idea who is going to be RB1 from among the top three backs in this class. It will probably come down to the preferences of whichever team drafts the first one. But I think it's conservative to assume that at least one of them will go top 28. I'll go with Etienne.

TE: 1; This position is easy. Pitts is going really high and no one else is close.

WR: 3; Chase, Waddle, and Smith have been in the mix for the top half of round one forever.

OT: 3; Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw all seem very likely to go.

iOL: 1; I would assume that between Vera-Tucker, Humphrey, and ****erson, at least one interior guy will be gone. I'll say it's AVT.

iDL: 1; Christian Barmore is such a strong prospect compared to the rest of this class, I can't imagine he doesn't go unless he has some secret off-field issue.

ED: 3; Between Oweh, Paye, Ojulari, Phillips, and Basham, I feel confident that at least three guys will go at this position (though I would bet the over on that. I'll say the first three.

LB: 2; Parsons and Owusu-Koramoah.

CB: 2; Surtain and Horn.

S: 0

That would mean that the Packers should have options from the "top ten remaining."

For me, in some semblance of order of preference...
  1. G. Newsome, CB, NW
  2. T. Jenkins, OT, OKST
  3. A. Leatherwood, OT, UA
  4. T. Marshall, WR, LSU
  5. C. Humphrey, OC, OK
  6. R. Bateman, WR, MIN
  7. W. Little, OT, STAN
  8. J. Holland, DB, OR
  9. E. Moore, WR, MISS
  10. L. ****erson, OC, UA

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't take Humphrey, Little, or ****erson at 29 and there is no way Jenkins is an option. I would take Cosmi or Moehring.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I did a mock. You all care.
  1. JAC: T. Lawrence, QB, CLEM
  2. NYJ: J. Fields, QB, OSU-- Maybe Wilson is a foregone conclusion here. But I'm mocking who I think is the superior prospect.
  3. SF: T. Lance, QB, NDSU-- Again, it's possible that all the buzz around Jones is real, but I'm mocking the player I think would be the better choice.
  4. DEN: Z. Wilson, QB, BYU-- The Broncos move up to take the last of the big 4.
  5. CIN: P. Sewell, OT, OR
  6. MIA: J. Chase, WR, LSU
  7. NE: M. Jones, QB, UA-- The Pats move up ahead of Carolina to get Jones.
  8. CAR: K. Pitts, TE, FLA
  9. ATL: J. Horn, CB, SC
  10. DAL: P. Surtain, CB, UA
  11. NYG: C. Barmore, iDL, UA
  12. PHI: M. Parsons, LB, PSU
  13. LAC: R. Slater, OL, NW
  14. MIN: C. Darrisaw, OT, VTU
  15. DET: D. Smith, WR, UA
  16. ARI: J. Waddle, WR, UA
  17. LV: K. Paye, ED, UM-- The Raiders need impact defenders in a big way, and they like guys who have a clear role in base defense.
  18. TEN: T. Jenkins, OT, OKST-- The Titans move ahead of WAS, CHI, and IND to secure their RT (they mean it this time).
  19. WAS: J. Owusu-Koramoah, LB, ND-- Rivera has a history of great work with these hybrid S/LB types.
  20. CHI: A. Vera-Tucker, OL, USC-- Best chance that Pace/Nagy have to survive is exceeding expectations on offense; they take a piece ready to help now.
  21. IND: G. Newsome, CB, NW-- Excellent scheme fit.
  22. MIA: J. Williams, RB, UNC-- After moving down, Dolphins get their back; they seem to like to use their main guy as a bell cow. Javonte is that.
  23. NYJ: T. Etienne, RB, CLEM-- Teams taking QB's high often look for supporting pieces thereafter.
  24. PIT: N. Harris, RB, UA-- The RB run finishes with the Steelers taking their new bell cow.
  25. JAC: J. Oweh, ED, PSU-- With the offensive depth chart looking healthy, the Jags swing for the fences.
  26. CLE: R. Bateman, WR, MIN-- OBJ is probably gone after this year and there isn't a lot else there to build a passing game around.
  27. BAL: A. Leatherwood, OL, UA-- The Ravens love to draft Alabama players, and Orlando Brown is demanding a trade.
  28. NO: T. Marshall, WR, LSU-- The offense could use a vertical threat now that they will have a QB capable of using one.
  29. GB: C. Humphrey, OC, OK-- See Below
  30. BUF: A. Ojulari, ED, UGA
  31. KC: S. Forsythe, OT, FLA
  32. TB: J. Phillips, ED, MIA

If this scenario unfolded in real life, my first choice would be a trade back. Easy picks (for me) like Jenkins, Newsome, Leatherwood, and Marshall just got picked off.

If they were to stick, I'm looking at Elijah Moore as that motion WR, but wondering if he would play enough to justify it in their minds. T

here are high upside tackles like Walker Little and Sam Cosmi. The interior OL options are strong, but have questions in ****erson (injuries) and Humphrey (age).

On defense, there's Jamin Davis or Zaven Collins (who I am not high on), but one wonders if a linebacker would be their choice.

If they felt that they could effectively get Moehrig or Holland on the field with Savage and Amos, either would be good picks.

The best pure player left on the board here is ****erson. He's been prone to injury, and he's an interior lineman. But the thought of him and Jenkins inside together is so tantalizing.

I am super interested in Walker Little. He seems to have premier talent and pedigree.

But in the end, I went with Moehrig. He's one of the top talents left on the board. There have been some new workout numbers floating around for him from EXOS. If accurate, he hits their RAS threshold. His skill set seems versatile enough to imagine that their base defense could be a three safety nickel, with Jaire, King, Savage, Amos, and him on the field. Pushing Sullivan to the bench would be a good thing.

Definitely not married to the pick. Weigh in.

EDIT: Based on learning that Humphrey's age was bad information, I switched the pick.

Interior offensive line isn't a high value pick, but without a slam dunk at OT or CB, I could see this move playing out. Humphrey is a special center prospect.

His size (6'4" 302, 32.5" arms) is basically average.

But his results...

1.71 ten yd split (94th %)
33" vertical (91st %)
112" broad (94th %)
4.49 shuttle (86th %)
7.50 cone (84th %)
Perfect 10.0 RAS

So he's both explosive and agile. And he isn't a workout warrior either. He has been the best player on one of the nation's premier OL's. He's a stellar hand fighter, and has a great wrestling background. He also has three position versatility inside, meaning that if they liked Jenkins or Patrick more at center, he could still start. My understanding, also, is that he's not missed a start at Oklahoma due to injury in three seasons.

Dropping him in the middle of the line with Jenkins and Runyan/Turner would immediately stabilize a line in flux. And after Rodgers, this OL is the beating heart of the entire team. The offense is predicated on run/pass disguise. For that to work, you have to be a threat to run. When it's working, Rodgers has room to operate, backs have space to create plays, pass catchers can be schemed open, and the defense can be kept off the field. Without it working, everything else starts to crumble.

Landon ****erson is probably a better player, but given his injury history I think I would go Humphrey. However, their medical staff will check these guys out. If they feel like ****erson isn't a real injury risk, he could also be a slam dunk addition.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this situation plays out I'd take an immediate starter OT in Cosmi or Walker. Alternate plan would be to trade back into the early 2nd round, add a 4th and take C. Humphrey or ****erson to start at OC or OG. What's wrong with Humphrey's age? He turns 22 in late June.
With 3 4ths I'd package 2 of them for a high 3rd and get a DL or WR.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If this situation plays out I'd take an immediate starter OT in Cosmi or Walker. Alternate plan would be to trade back into the early 2nd round, add a 4th and take C. Humphrey or ****erson to start at OC or OG. What's wrong with Humphrey's age? He turns 22 in late June.

I had heard Robert Mays and Brandon Thorn saying that he would be a 24 year old rookie. They seem to have been mistaken. Idiots!

Given that, Humphrey would be my choice over Moehrig in that scenario. And one that I doubt the Packers would make.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be both surprised and happy if 3 RBs are off the board before pick # 29. In your scenario I think they choose the highest OL or DB on their board that is not an injury risk type. If both positions are ranked relatively even they should go with the position they feel has less depth hoping to grab the other position on day 2.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a mock. You all care.
  1. JAC: T. Lawrence, QB, CLEM
  2. NYJ: J. Fields, QB, OSU-- Maybe Wilson is a foregone conclusion here. But I'm mocking who I think is the superior prospect.
  3. SF: T. Lance, QB, NDSU-- Again, it's possible that all the buzz around Jones is real, but I'm mocking the player I think would be the better choice.
  4. DEN: Z. Wilson, QB, BYU-- The Broncos move up to take the last of the big 4.
  5. CIN: P. Sewell, OT, OR
  6. MIA: J. Chase, WR, LSU
  7. NE: M. Jones, QB, UA-- The Pats move up ahead of Carolina to get Jones.
  8. CAR: K. Pitts, TE, FLA
  9. ATL: J. Horn, CB, SC
  10. DAL: P. Surtain, CB, UA
  11. NYG: C. Barmore, iDL, UA
  12. PHI: M. Parsons, LB, PSU
  13. LAC: R. Slater, OL, NW
  14. MIN: C. Darrisaw, OT, VTU
  15. DET: D. Smith, WR, UA
  16. ARI: J. Waddle, WR, UA
  17. LV: K. Paye, ED, UM-- The Raiders need impact defenders in a big way, and they like guys who have a clear role in base defense.
  18. TEN: T. Jenkins, OT, OKST-- The Titans move ahead of WAS, CHI, and IND to secure their RT (they mean it this time).
  19. WAS: J. Owusu-Koramoah, LB, ND-- Rivera has a history of great work with these hybrid S/LB types.
  20. CHI: A. Vera-Tucker, OL, USC-- Best chance that Pace/Nagy have to survive is exceeding expectations on offense; they take a piece ready to help now.
  21. IND: G. Newsome, CB, NW-- Excellent scheme fit.
  22. MIA: J. Williams, RB, UNC-- After moving down, Dolphins get their back; they seem to like to use their main guy as a bell cow. Javonte is that.
  23. NYJ: T. Etienne, RB, CLEM-- Teams taking QB's high often look for supporting pieces thereafter.
  24. PIT: N. Harris, RB, UA-- The RB run finishes with the Steelers taking their new bell cow.
  25. JAC: J. Oweh, ED, PSU-- With the offensive depth chart looking healthy, the Jags swing for the fences.
  26. CLE: R. Bateman, WR, MIN-- OBJ is probably gone after this year and there isn't a lot else there to build a passing game around.
  27. BAL: A. Leatherwood, OL, UA-- The Ravens love to draft Alabama players, and Orlando Brown is demanding a trade.
  28. NO: T. Marshall, WR, LSU-- The offense could use a vertical threat now that they will have a QB capable of using one.
  29. GB: T. Moehrig-- See below.
  30. BUF: A. Ojulari, ED, UGA
  31. KC: S. Forsythe, OT, FLA
  32. TB: J. Phillips, ED, MIA

If this scenario unfolded in real life, my first choice would be a trade back. Easy picks (for me) like Jenkins, Newsome, Leatherwood, and Marshall just got picked off.

If they were to stick, I'm looking at Elijah Moore as that motion WR, but wondering if he would play enough to justify it in their minds. T

here are high upside tackles like Walker Little and Sam Cosmi. The interior OL options are strong, but have questions in ****erson (injuries) and Humphrey (age).

On defense, there's Jamin Davis or Zaven Collins (who I am not high on), but one wonders if a linebacker would be their choice.

If they felt that they could effectively get Moehrig or Holland on the field with Savage and Amos, either would be good picks.

The best pure player left on the board here is ****erson. He's been prone to injury, and he's an interior lineman. But the thought of him and Jenkins inside together is so tantalizing.

I am super interested in Walker Little. He seems to have premier talent and pedigree.

But in the end, I went with Moehrig. He's one of the top talents left on the board. There have been some new workout numbers floating around for him from EXOS. If accurate, he hits their RAS threshold. His skill set seems versatile enough to imagine that their base defense could be a three safety nickel, with Jaire, King, Savage, Amos, and him on the field. Pushing Sullivan to the bench would be a good thing.

Definitely not married to the pick. Weigh in.
Weigh in??? This (no love for Collins and major jump of W. Little), combined with your recent RAS revelations has not only upset my draft apple cart but you then drove over it repeatedly with your monster truck of draft knowledge.
Now you got me doing a complete draft reset which probably will result in another donut in the contest.

thanks a bunch.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would be both surprised and happy if 3 RBs are off the board before pick # 29. In your scenario I think they choose the highest OL or DB on their board that is not an injury risk type. If both positions are ranked relatively even they should go with the position they feel has less depth hoping to grab the other position on day 2.

Yeah, that may end up being unrealistic, but one reason I could imagine it happening is that there are three legit running backs in this class who project as foundational pieces of a backfield, and after that you're really only taking guys who project to be role players (or guys with shaky evaluations-- like Sermon). So teams with big needs at the position may feel inclined to take one earlier rather than later, and once one goes, the other two could be quick to follow because of scarcity.

The Steelers prefer to use one guy as an every down bell cow, and right now their top back is Benny Snell.

The Dolphins likewise have shown a propensity to use one guy for the lion's share of the snaps. Their Co-OC and RB Coach, Eric Studeville, has a history working with guys like Marshawn Lynch, Willis McGahee, C.J. Anderson, etc. Seems to me that he'd be drawn to Williams' war-making style as a runner.

And for the Jets, I was thinking less in terms of RB and more in terms of giving them the best offensive weapon available. They've already invested pretty heavily at WR (Mims, Crowder, Davis, Cole) and there are no TE's worth taking. Their backfield is atrocious, and if Mike is anything like his brother, he will want to add at the position. Etienne, for my money, is one of the premier weapons in this class regardless of position.

I agree with your assessment-- best grade OL or DB. But it's unlikely that a worthy CB prospect will be there unless they really love Samuel. And it's unclear if their defense would give Moehrig or Holland a path to enough playing time. I think that could happen, but I'm uncertain.

Interior offensive line isn't a high value position, but Landon ****erson and Creed Humphrey are both pretty special players inside. ****erson has the obvious injury history. But Humphrey does not. I was misinformed that he's an older prospect-- he's actually on the younger end. He's truly an elite athlete, and a high end performer. Bakhtiari-Jenkins-Humphrey-Runyan-Turner could be formidable, and they'd still have the chance to add competition on that right side.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

A trade back would be sweet.

I am not certain that Cosmi or Little would be immediate starters. I am super intrigued by both of them because of their tools. But the smarter OL analysts that I read view them as round 2/3 prospects.

Michael J

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to compare whom you predict at 29 as options and what I said, looks VERY similar. Although I limited it to OL, DT, CB and WR and believe I had about 16-23 guys
Unless they get new management before the draft they may pick the best QB on the board like they did last year, maybe even move up some to get that QB, lol

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Weigh in??? This (no love for Collins and major jump of W. Little), combined with your recent RAS revelations has not only upset my draft apple cart but you then drove over it repeatedly with your monster truck of draft knowledge.
Now you got me doing a complete draft reset which probably will result in another donut in the contest.

thanks a bunch.

Collins could go really high. I have no idea. But I don't really like him.

He's built like an edge, but he's not a good pass rusher. He's been good in coverage, reportedly, for Tulsa, but I am highly dubious that the 260 lb AAC linebacker, who is not a special athlete, is going to enter the league and excel in coverage when there are like... 5 good coverage linebackers in the league to begin with.

If you aren't a pass rusher, and you're not a plus player in coverage, you're not worth a top 50 pick.

It seems very unlikely that they would take an off-ball linebacker at all, but if they did, I would prefer Jamin Davis. He has a far cleaner projection to today's game as a 3 down linebacker.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Taking special center prospects in the 1st round has a pretty good history.

Since 2006...

Nick Mangold
Alex Mack
Eric Wood
Maurkice Pouncey
Mike Pouncey
Travis Frederick
Ryan Kelly
Frank Ragnow
Billy Price
Garrett Bradbury

The only bust on that list is Billy Price, and he is only on the list because the Bengals are stupid and locked into taking a center in the 1st round. When Ragnow went before their pick, they just took Price. Otherwise, it's unlikely he's a round one player and on the list in the first place.

Bradbury is still young, but has not been great to this point (without being a bust either). But you know... the Vikings suck and it tends to rub off on their players.

There are three bona fide hall of famers on that list, and Kelly could be a fourth depending on how long he maintains. Those who don't measure of to that status, Wood, Kelly, and the Pouncey's are/were still really good players.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the way you feel about RB with the 3 & 5 technique guys in this draft. Barmore is the only one I think can go on day 1. If you do not get one from the next tier on day 2 you might as well wait until the 5th round IMO. I guess my tier 2 guys are Basham, McNeill, Nixon, Onwuzurke, Togai & Tufele. I am not sure if any of them are worthy to go at #92 let alone #62.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I feel the way you feel about RB with the 3 & 5 technique guys in this draft. Barmore is the only one I think can go on day 1. If you do not get one from the next tier on day 2 you might as well wait until the 5th round IMO. I guess my tier 2 guys are Basham, McNeill, Nixon, Onwuzurke, Togai & Tufele. I am not sure if any of them are worthy to go at #92 let alone #62.

I would only take one that has a massive ceiling, like Marshall or Williams.

But I would be fine if they passed altogether and just signed a veteran after the draft. Daquan Jones would be more helpful than any rookie in this class not named Barmore in all likelihood.

QB, RB, TE, iDL, and ED are all positions where while I would not mind adding a player, I'd also be OK if they just passed entirely.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they have 1 more bullet left in free agency and are just waiting to see how the draft falls to decide just what position to use it on and how much they have to spend. Examples:
1. They get some solid DLine help and feel they can let Lowery go for some cap room.
2. They are happy with the 1 or 2 DBs they get and they part ways with Jackson.
3. They get a late round tight end who can both block and be a threat so Sternberger is the one cut.

After the signings of returning guys I feel they should go best available player their 1st 3 picks. Then best available needs picks ( OL-DL-CB) with the middle 3 picks, then contract insurance picks with the last 3. WR, been discussed often about all of the expiring contracts. TE- Lewis is old in the tooth, Tonyan could be gone. E/OLB- Preston likely gone next year. I only used 9 picks because I am hoping since they have 2 picks in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds they can package a 4-5, 4-6, or 5-6 to move up for the right player. If any of the picks overlap position wise so be it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless they get new management before the draft they may pick the best QB on the board like they did last year, maybe even move up some to get that QB, lol

Please leave the logical discussions for the grown ups.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy coming from me, but I think Jamin Davis should be heavily considered at 29.

He is a freak athlete with size. He can cover. He’s not the best at taking on blocks, but this scheme doesn’t require that.

I know the value of ILB’s isn’t real high in GB or in this defense, but I think Davis is good enough that he should be considered.

For reference, he’s 6’3 235. Ran a 4.48, 42” vertical, 11’ broad, really an incredible athlete.

Members online

Latest posts