2021 Dantés Draft Thread

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I want to start posting the prospects that interest me by position.

Trying to peg guys by round after the first 40 picks or so is really difficult, so I am just going to bunch guys up as "day 1/2" and "day 3."

First up, QB and RB.

Quarterback:

-Day 1/2:
N/A

-Day 3:
  • Ian Book, Notre Dame: Above average athlete with an abundance of experience; strikes me as potential ideal backup in Petals' offense.
Running Back:

-Day 1/2:
N/A

-Day 3: All of these backs are above average athletes who, with the exceptions of Evans, were productive in college. Patterson is a fun prospect in that he ran at 4.50 at 195 lbs, and he's only 5'7". He's power packed.
  • Khalil Herbert, Va. Tech
  • Jaret Patterson, Buffalo
  • Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana
  • Chris Evans, Michigan

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve watched Book play roughly 2-3 times, and be sucked when I watched him.

Fwiw, I also hate Notre Dame.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’ve watched Book play roughly 2-3 times, and be sucked when I watched him.

Fwiw, I also hate Notre Dame.

He's a super winning Notre Dame QB who would be a day 3 selection, so I believe that.

But with the mobility, passable accuracy, etc. I think he could be a fine/cheap backup.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a super winning Notre Dame QB who would be a day 3 selection, so I believe that.

But with the mobility, passable accuracy, etc. I think he could be a fine/cheap backup.

He has excellent mobility for a non-running QB, when needed he can pick up firsts with his feet often and did that aspect more in his early times as starter.

Passing needs refinement but at times seems great, other times just doesn't have the read/processing to place balls proactively. VERY solid back up candidate with very outside chance to grow into a starter....personally if we didn't have Love on the roster and let Boyle walk proving confidence in Love - I'd be all for the Ian Book camp late...I just don't think it is needed however - add an UDFA and move on.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Tight End: This position is an umbrella for a few different roles in the offense. There are "Y" tight ends, who are in-line blockers capable of handling play side responsibilities (Lewis). There are "U" tight ends who are in-line blockers but who you only want to play the backside (Sternberger). There are "F" tight ends who are the main receivers and can split out (Tonyan). And there are "H" tight ends who play in the backfield and do a lot of lead/motion blocking (Deguara).

-Day 1/2:
  • Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame (H/F): Tremble might be redundant to Deguara because he was largely an H in college, but I think he has the athleticism to be an F as well. He's a physical, nasty blocker and could be a great fit in Petals' offense.
-Day 3:
  • Tony Poljan, Virginia (Y)
  • Dylan Soehner, Iowa State (Y)
  • Noah Gray, Duke (F)
  • Luke Farrell, Ohio State (U/Y)
  • John Bates, Boise State (U/Y)
Wide Receiver: This is another umbrella for a number of different positions and roles. These labels aren't accurate, but I am going to use them so that we know what we're talking about. I'm going to use "X" for that outside, vertical role that MVS currently fills. I am going to use "Z" for Adam's role in the offense (though Adams can and does play X). I am going to use "M" for the slot/motion receivers. And I am going to use "S" for the big slot types that would replace Lazard.

Lots of names here, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of 2018, with multiple picks at receiver on day 3.

-Day 1/2:
  • Terrace Marshall Jr, LSU (X)
  • Rashod Bateman, Minnesota (Z)
  • Dyami Brown, North Carolina (Z)
  • Elijah Moore, Mississippi (M)
  • Nico Collins, Michigan (X)
  • Rondale Moore, Purdue (M)
-Day 3:
  • Shi Smith, South Carolina (M)
  • Seth Williams, Auburn (S)
  • Anthony Schwartz, Auburn (X)
  • Simi Fehoko, Stanford (S)
  • Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa (Z)
  • D'Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan (M)
  • Jacob Harris, Central Florida (X)
  • Jalen Camp, Georgia Tech (S)

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only beef I have is no Nico Collins.... I nearly disagree with the whole post for that one reason LOL

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Offensive Line: It's difficult to know where the Packers will target help on the OL without knowing what their plans are for the current personnel. We know that Bakhtiari is a tackle. Beyond that, there is a ton of versatility and a lack of clarity as to where the team ideally wants to use players. Jenkins could ostensibly be a guard, center, or even tackle. Patrick could be a guard or center. Turner could be a guard or tackle. Runyan could be a guard or tackle.

So while I hope for true tackles because of their value, I'm open to help at any spot on the line. And perhaps the key is to just keep targeting versatile talent and let it shake out in camp.

Day 1/2-
  • Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (T/G)
  • Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (G/T)
  • Walker Little, Stanford (T)
  • Sam Cosmi, Texas (T)
  • Alex Leatherwood, Alabama (T/G)
  • Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma (C/G)
  • Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (T/G)
  • Quinn Meinerz, Wisc. Whitewater (C/G)
  • Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (G/T)
  • Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (T)
  • Trey Smith, Tennessee (G)
Day 3-
  • Tommy Doyle, Pittsburgh (T)
  • Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska (G/T)
  • Drew Dalman, Stanford (C)
  • Dan Moore, Texas AM (T/G)
  • Jared Hocker, Texas AM (G)
  • Chandon Herring, BYU (T/G)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Interior Defensive Line: This is a notably weak defensive line class. I'm really only interested in the handful of prospects who have tools to develop into more than they were in college. I'll note the style of prospect (3T, 1T, 5T, etc).

-Day 1/2:
  • Milton Williams, La. Tech (3T)
-Day 3:
  • Jay Tufele, USC (3T)
  • Osa Odighizuwa, UCLA (3T)
  • Bobby Brown, Texas AM (1T)
  • Jonathan Marshall, Arkansas (3T/5T)
Edge: The Packers could use a true stand-up rush linebacker who has the ability to drop effectively. But I am still interested in a few freaks who would theoretically replace current starters in time.

-Day 1/2:
  • Payton Turrner, Houston
  • Baron Browning, Ohio State
  • Joseph Ossai, Texas
-Day 3:
  • Dayo Odeyingbo, Vanderbilt
  • Shaka Toney, Penn State
  • Jonathon Cooper, Ohio State
Linebacker:

-Day 1/2:

• Jamin Davis, Kentucky
  • Jabril Cox, LSU
  • Divine Deablo, Va. Tech
-Day 3:
  • Pete Werner, Ohio State
  • Buddy Johnson, Texas AM
  • Derrick Barnes, Purdue

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive Line: It's difficult to know where the Packers will target help on the OL without knowing what their plans are for the current personnel. We know that Bakhtiari is a tackle. Beyond that, there is a ton of versatility and a lack of clarity as to where the team ideally wants to use players. Jenkins could ostensibly be a guard, center, or even tackle. Patrick could be a guard or center. Turner could be a guard or tackle. Runyan could be a guard or tackle.

So while I hope for true tackles because of their value, I'm open to help at any spot on the line. And perhaps the key is to just keep targeting versatile talent and let it shake out in camp.

Day 1/2-
  • Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (T/G)
  • Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC (G/T)
  • Walker Little, Stanford (T)
  • Sam Cosmi, Texas (T)
  • Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma (C/G)
  • Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (T/G)
  • Quinn Meinerz, Wisc. Whitewater (C/G)
  • Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (G/T)
  • Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (T)
  • Trey Smith, Tennessee (G)
Day 3-
  • Tommy Doyle, Pittsburgh (T)
  • Brenden Jaimes, Nebraska (G/T)
  • Drew Dalman, Stanford (C)
  • Dan Moore, Texas AM (T/G)
  • Jared Hocker, Texas AM (G)
  • Chandon Herring, BYU (T/G)

It would be a great draft if you told me we walk away with one guy from each of those groupings. I'd be very happy. My only critique would be to include Josh Ball on the Day 3 list.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Defensive Backs: I'm listing these guys as "CB" for true corners, "DB" for safety/slot versatile guys, and "S" for true safeties.

-Day 1/2:

• Greg Newsome, Northwestern (CB)
  • Jevon Holland, Oregon (DB)
  • Trevon Moehrig, TCU (S)
  • Ifaetu Melifonwu, Syracuse (CB)
  • Richie Grant, UCF (DB)
  • Robert Rochell, C. Arkansas (CB)
  • Paulson Adebo, Stanford (CB)
  • Aaron Robinson, UCF (CB)
-Day 3:
  • T. Gowan, UCF (CB)
  • Z. McPhearson, Texas Tech (CB)
  • Benjamin St. Juste, Minnesota (CB)
  • A. Cisco, Syracuse (S)
  • D. Forrest, Cincinnati (S)
  • M. Wilson, Florida (CB)
  • J. Pinnock, Pittsburgh (CB)
  • K. Taylor, Washington (CB)
  • T. Hufanga, USC (S)
  • J. Wiggins, Cincinnati (S)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It would be a great draft if you told me we walk away with one guy from each of those groupings. I'd be very happy. My only critique would be to include Josh Ball on the Day 3 list.

Josh Ball has some been gross off field stuff, no?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Ball has some been gross off field stuff, no?

When he was at FSU, he had an issue which forced him to start fresh at Marshal. From what I've uncovered new leaf type situation and did well at Marshall. He'd be a day 2 type for me if it wasn't for this, but a talent steal of day 3 looking to prove folks he has grown up.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When he was at FSU, he had an issue which forced him to start fresh at Marshal. From what I've uncovered new leaf type situation and did well at Marshall. He'd be a day 2 type for me if it wasn't for this, but a talent steal of day 3 looking to prove folks he has grown up.

He definitely has the physical/athletic profile. I'll let him remain your pet cat. I've got plenty of names as it is.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Further explanation on Ball, after leaving FSU, he went to Butler Community (JUCO) and then Marshall offered him a spot and he played for them in one start (plenty of reserve first up work though) in 2019 and all of 2020.

I found a few local stories and one reason Marshall worked for him was he is quoted as saying he wanted to learn to become a better student, player and person. Easy things to say I know...but it seems from all I can find a new leaf was turned.

What is concerning is the allegations against Josh did lead FSU and him parting ways, I cannot find any actual criminal case which occurred. Now the judiciary committee at FSU found him responsible for dating violence - but no actual legal case exists that I can find....so while I suspect some truth exists, to what degree remains a question.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tight End: This position is an umbrella for a few different roles in the offense. There are "Y" tight ends, who are in-line blockers capable of handling play side responsibilities (Lewis). There are "U" tight ends who are in-line blockers but who you only want to play the backside (Sternberger). There are "F" tight ends who are the main receivers and can split out (Tonyan). And there are "H" tight ends who play in the backfield and do a lot of lead/motion blocking (Deguara).

-Day 1/2:
  • Tommy Tremble, Notre Dame (H/F): Tremble might be redundant to Deguara because he was largely an H in college, but I think he has the athleticism to be an F as well. He's a physical, nasty blocker and could be a great fit in Petals' offense.
-Day 3:
  • Tony Poljan, Virginia (Y)
  • Dylan Soehner, Iowa State (Y)
  • Noah Gray, Duke (F)
  • Luke Farrell, Ohio State (U/Y)
  • John Bates, Boise State (U/Y)
Wide Receiver: This is another umbrella for a number of different positions and roles. These labels aren't accurate, but I am going to use them so that we know what we're talking about. I'm going to use "X" for that outside, vertical role that MVS currently fills. I am going to use "Z" for Adam's role in the offense (though Adams can and does play X). I am going to use "M" for the slot/motion receivers. And I am going to use "S" for the big slot types that would replace Lazard.

Lots of names here, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of 2018, with multiple picks at receiver on day 3.

-Day 1/2:
  • Terrace Marshall Jr, LSU (X)
  • Rashod Bateman, Minnesota (Z)
  • Dyami Brown, North Carolina (Z)
  • Elijah Moore, Mississippi (M)
  • Nico Collins, Michigan (X)
  • Rondale Moore, Purdue (M)
-Day 3:
  • Shi Smith, South Carolina (M)
  • Seth Williams, Auburn (S)
  • Anthony Schwartz, Auburn (X)
  • Simi Fehoko, Stanford (S)
  • Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa (Z)
  • D'Wayne Eskridge, Western Michigan (M)
  • Jacob Harris, Central Florida (X)
  • Jalen Camp, Georgia Tech (S)

I don't necessarily think Tremble and Deguara would be redundant. I think of it as Deguara being Juszczyk and Tremble possibly taking over for Big Dawg and playing the Kittle role. I know we have Tonyan filling the move tight end role, but there are a lot of similarities I see with Kittle and Tremble. Both were lauded for their blocking capabilities, but there were some knocks on Kittle's hands. I don't really see knocks about Tremble's hands, but he's being pigeonholed into a blocking tight end when I've seen him make some pretty good catches. They are also similar in size and measurements. However, Notre Dame was loaded at tight end so I think he's slightly underrated.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think Tremble and Deguara would be redundant. I think of it as Deguara being Juszczyk and Tremble possibly taking over for Big Dawg and playing the Kittle role. I know we have Tonyan filling the move tight end role, but there are a lot of similarities I see with Kittle and Tremble. Both were lauded for their blocking capabilities, but there were some knocks on Kittle's hands. I don't really see knocks about Tremble's hands, but he's being pigeonholed into a blocking tight end when I've seen him make some pretty good catches. They are also similar in size and measurements. However, Notre Dame was loaded at tight end so I think he's slightly underrated.

I agree there's a possibility that Tremble could be an F, which is why I mentioned that. But he is absolutely not going to replace Marcedes. He does not have the frame to be that kind of a blocker.

I haven't seen Tremble pigeon-holed as a blocker, but as a very willing/effective move blocker who also has the athleticism to pick up chunk plays in the passing game.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree there's a possibility that Tremble could be an F, which is why I mentioned that. But he is absolutely not going to replace Marcedes. He does not have the frame to be that kind of a blocker.

I haven't seen Tremble pigeon-holed as a blocker, but as a very willing/effective move blocker who also has the athleticism to pick up chunk plays in the passing game.

Having watched ND games during his whole career, maybe missed one a year most. I agree, Tremble while a 100% willing blocker and arguably blocks better than his frame should - he is 100% not built to do what Big Dawg does.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Further explanation on Ball, after leaving FSU, he went to Butler Community (JUCO) and then Marshall offered him a spot and he played for them in one start (plenty of reserve first up work though) in 2019 and all of 2020.

I found a few local stories and one reason Marshall worked for him was he is quoted as saying he wanted to learn to become a better student, player and person. Easy things to say I know...but it seems from all I can find a new leaf was turned.

What is concerning is the allegations against Josh did lead FSU and him parting ways, I cannot find any actual criminal case which occurred. Now the judiciary committee at FSU found him responsible for dating violence - but no actual legal case exists that I can find....so while I suspect some truth exists, to what degree remains a question.

To what extent? Good grief.

HE HIT A WOMAN! He’s 6’8 and over 300 lbs. There’s no excuse, or reason for it.

Do you know how often FSU actually dismisses players? Practically never. That should tell you enough. I can’t imagine anybody defending that, and I can’t imagine anybody wanting somebody like that on their team. He could be the best player in the draft, and I wouldn’t want him. I sincerely hope he has reformed, but actions have consequences, and his should include the lack of an NFL future. John Dorsey might want him, but I know I would say no.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To what extent? Good grief.

HE HIT A WOMAN! He’s 6’8 and over 300 lbs. There’s no excuse, or reason for it.

Do you know how often FSU actually dismisses players? Practically never. That should tell you enough. I can’t imagine anybody defending that, and I can’t imagine anybody wanting somebody like that on their team. He could be the best player in the draft, and I wouldn’t want him. I sincerely hope he has reformed, but actions have consequences, and his should include the lack of an NFL future. John Dorsey might want him, but I know I would say no.

Calm down. I never, nor would I ever defend domestic violence. Clearly pointless discussing it with you if you think that is my stance.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calm down. I never, nor would I ever defend domestic violence. Clearly pointless discussing it with you if you think that is my stance.

Thinking he would be a good player to be on Green Bay’s roster is close enough to defending it for me.

And the whole, “to what degree” ****...I mean, just say you’re glossing over it because he’s good at football for Pete’s sake.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thinking he would be a good player to be on Green Bay’s roster is close enough to defending it for me.

And the whole, “to what degree” ****...I mean, just say you’re glossing over it because he’s good at football for Pete’s sake.

Not at all glossing over it, stop putting words in my mouth. If it weren't for the character flag sure he'd probably be pushing Day 2 for most, but its the very reason he is a late round flyer - but he is also not a world burner either of all the OTs so calm down.

I said "to what degree" because nothing has ever went public, nor did anything actually get filed with police and taken to a true court. I know of some folks (wouldn't call them friends however) that have been through false accusations of domestic issues - and one couple I know are still together after reconciliation couple years later once he got assistance with his alcoholism and was not the same man.

I mean forgive me if I wasn't present for the FSU judiciary committee meeting, did not hear his accuser's accusations, nor his defense and purely relied upon what write ups were shared by both newspapers or online sporting sites which reported upon it at the time - so yes the caveat of "to what degree" is as much a disclaimer of not having enough knowledge as it is also a disclaimer of noticing she never actually took the issue to authorities and only the school. I mean dear Lord if he just blindly assaulted a woman - I'm 100% a fan of male castration as I am for in cases of ****.....but apparently I need to re-evaluate that seeing as how you have declared upon my behalf that I defend such actions. Congrats @GleefulGary this might have been the biggest leap I've seen you make on anything I've ever said.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I want to highlight a few names on my list that haven't gotten a ton of play on this forum.

For example, Dyami Brown is a really interesting receiver prospect from North Carolina.

He came in at:

6'1" 189 lbs
32.75' arms
9.6" hands
38" vertical (79th)
128" broad (89th)
4.46 forty (63rd)
4.35 shuttle (24th)
6.87 3 cone (65th)
8.43 RAS

He was little used in 2018 (17/173/1) and then came on huge in 2019 (his age 19 season) with 51/1034/12 and then followed it up with 55/1099/8.

He won't turn 22 until November.

So he's a young, he broke out as a teenager, he's highly productive, he's long despite not being super tall and he's a plus athlete.

I think the reason that the hype on him has been so late has a lot to do with his usage at North Carolina. That offense is one of the most simplistic in the country, and basically asked him to be a vertical threat almost all the time. As you watch his technique to take advantage of corner leverage and stack them, it's clear that he could do a whole lot more if he was asked to. And one thing I dig about him is that he blocks his tail off. WR blocking matters for the Packers' offense a lot more than it does generally around the league.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts