2021 Brew Crew

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Cards should hopefully regress to their mean. 5 months of baseball is a good enough sample size to judge a team.
Teams can get in a groove though. Whether it is getting guys healthy or just playing better. The Crew heads to St Louis for 3 more thus game and then to LA for 3 more. I am just glad that we won't face either of those teams or the Giants...until the NLCS.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers finally snapped the Cards 17 game winning streak! However, the Cards sat a bunch of starters, so nothing to get too excited about.

On what seems to be a season of injuries to starters, the Brewers suffered a huge blow after their Division clinching win on Sunday. Evidently relief pitcher Devin Williams had a bit too much to drink and got so excited he punched a wall and broke his pitching hand. Chances are, he is done for the year, with a remote chance of being back for the W.S. if the Brewers make it. Williams has been awesome as the guy who comes in and sets it up for Hader to close, so it is really a big loss. Last night CC put rookie Aaron Ashby in that spot and WOW! Ashby pitched the 8th and the 9th and struck out the 5 of 6 batters he faced!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers need to win today in my opinion.....otherwise they have to hope the Giants beat the Padres. I prefer the Dodgers having to play the Cardinals in the Wild card round, thus knocking out 1 of those 2 teams.

Been a rough few weeks for the Brewers with 10 of their final games being against teams fighting to get into the playoffs (Cards) or win their division (Dodgers).

Game 1 against the Braves is Friday, hope the team is well rested and ready to roll!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brewers need to win today in my opinion.....otherwise they have to hope the Giants beat the Padres. I prefer the Dodgers having to play the Cardinals in the Wild card round, thus knocking out 1 of those 2 teams.

Been a rough few weeks for the Brewers with 10 of their final games being against teams fighting to get into the playoffs (Cards) or win their division (Dodgers).

Game 1 against the Braves is Friday, hope the team is well rested and ready to roll!
Im in atlanta for work next 2 weeks.

Brought Packer, Brewer and Bucks gear

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dodgers VS Cards for the play-in game. I can't think of 2 better teams to have 1 knocked out and the winner having to face the Giants!

Playoff baseball starts Friday for the Crew. Let's hope they turn the heat back up and play like they did in August and the first half of Sept.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burns might have to go with 3 days rest. Let's hope he dominates and the Crew can get back to Milwaukee for a game 5. Plate discipline is bad. Swinging at too many pitches outside the zone and not fouling off enough pitches to stay alive at the plate.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yelich has been a disaster - A deer in the headlights! Going from one of the top few offensive players in baseball to maybe the worst number three hitter in baseball in just a few seasons - Ugh!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yelich was awful. No way to sugarcoat his demise. I went to one of the first Crew home games in 1970 and have been a fan since day one. Seems like all they do us let you down. 52 seasons and no championships. Feel bad for Uecker. He deserves to see a championship banner hung in Miller Park.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
First I'm going to b*tch about the fact that TBS was broadcasting all the Braves vs Brewers games. So fooking annoying listening to Braves regular play by play guy, Francoeur try to add "color" to the commentary. Nothing worse than a Homer, especially when you are losing. I would liken it to how Braves fans would react to having Uecker doing it. Although Uek is professional enough I doubt his bias gets in the way.

That said, pretty sad ending to a promising Season. The pitching held up for the most part, but God the batting was horrendous!

Something more than a slump is going on with Yellich. You don't go from MVP. Almost 2 years being, to as bad as he was the last 2 seasons.

GO Braves, hope they go all the way.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the brewers are always such a buzzkill in the postseason. i got roped in once again right up until the game that they clinched a playoff slot. right after that the wheels fell off.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold me to what, stating facts?

I get the impression, just by your first comment, you really aren't paying much attention to the Brewers or MLB? What I stated were opinions shared throughout baseball right now, not just Brewer fans. Pick up a National news story about MLB and predictions...I think you might see I'm not alone in stating that The Brewers are one of the best teams in baseball right now.

As far as your statement of "reg season means zero"...tell that to all the teams that are done at the end of the regular season.

The road to the World Series is rocky for every team. Since 1969, only 12 teams have claimed baseball's best record and gone on to win the World Series. However, given the Brewers depth and pitching staff, I love their chances, as do a lot of oddsmakers.
those black feathers taste good? 65 years and counting since a title...cursed? YES.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm disappointed just like you are. Only the Rangers have a longer drought. 6 runs in 4 games isn't good baseball. And Hader is a regular season hero, but chokes in the spotlight almost every time. I love Counsel - but the crew need bats and pitching if they want to sniff a title. The last time they had both they were in the World Series.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would part with Williams and entertain offers for Woodruff or Peralta. But I want a sh** ton in return. Other then that, you would have to go out and pay the price - like it or not, because you can’t count on Yelich who I don’t believe is a mentally strong player (not trying to be mean). Who on this roster offensively is significantly better then a solid every day player?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
the brewers are always such a buzzkill in the postseason. i got roped in once again right up until the game that they clinched a playoff slot. right after that the wheels fell off.
My son is a big fan. I used to tell him that "They'll just break your heart". This season was fun to watch regardless.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts