2021 Brew Crew

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold me to what, stating facts?

I get the impression, just by your first comment, you really aren't paying much attention to the Brewers or MLB? What I stated were opinions shared throughout baseball right now, not just Brewer fans. Pick up a National news story about MLB and predictions...I think you might see I'm not alone in stating that The Brewers are one of the best teams in baseball right now.

As far as your statement of "reg season means zero"...tell that to all the teams that are done at the end of the regular season.

The road to the World Series is rocky for every team. Since 1969, only 12 teams have claimed baseball's best record and gone on to win the World Series. However, given the Brewers depth and pitching staff, I love their chances, as do a lot of oddsmakers.
Its not a fact theyll win it, but should be a good ride to see.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Its not a fact theyll win it, but should be a good ride to see.
I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't think anyone said that it was a fact that they will win the World Series. Much like the Bucks we're, once the playoffs start,, I think they will be one of the 3 or 4 favorites to win it all.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers do it again! Down by a run going into the bottom of the 8th against the Cubs and they come through with a big 4 run 8th inning and Hader closes it out for a 8-5 win.....Brewers now have 37 come back wins, which is only 1 behind MLB leader San Fran Giants.

Win #90, 10 in a row against the Cubs and Magic Number to win the division is now at 4!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers win!!!

Brewers clinch a playoff spot!!!!!

Magic number to division title is now 2!!

Great defense, hitting, base running and pitching tonight for the crew!!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They just find ways to win.
Exactly! No quit in these guys at all and they seem to be having so much fun. This is going to be a dangerous team to face in the playoffs. Especially with Adames, Garcia, Anderson, Tellez and Taylor all predicted to be back and healthy by the end of the month.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ok, have to ask ... and you guys are more into this kind of thing than I ... now that they're in the playoffs, is it better for them to be a 3-seed providing it plays out as it appears, and they end up with the Braves, or is it better to keep gunning for the 1 or 2 seed? I only ask because they have a better road record than home.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ok, have to ask ... and you guys are more into this kind of thing than I ... now that they're in the playoffs, is it better for them to be a 3-seed providing it plays out as it appears, and they end up with the Braves, or is it better to keep gunning for the 1 or 2 seed? I only ask because they have a better road record than home.

I think that both the Giants and Dodgers, along with the Brewers, are the best teams in the National league. Since it appears that both the Dodgers and the Giants will be in the playoffs, one as a division winner, the other as a WC, I actually would prefer the Brewers didn't surpass whoever wins their division. That way as you alluded to, the Brewers most likely get the Braves and the West Division winner plays the wildcard winner, which might be the West runner up. Even if we finished with a worse record than say the Dodgers....if they are the WC team, the Brewers as a division winner host 4 of the 7, if they play each other.

So yes, in this case, let the West winner have the best record and we will take them on in the NLCS. The Brewers just won 3 of 4 in San Fran and play the Dodgers in L.A. at the end of the month. Personally, I would prefer the Giants, but I think the Brewers are currently the best team in Baseball, so it may not matter who they have to face.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!! I mean, the Brewers just wrote up and paid for the freekin' Cardinals' opportunity to kick their *** in the playoffs - I HATE THE FLIPPIN' CARDINALS! 1982 isn't THAT long ago dagnabbit... (pardon my mouth). For gawd's sake ... just hold the door for 'em why dontcha, CREW? Well? What you have to say for yourselves? You should be ashamed.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm a firm Cardinal hater too. All I can say is let the Giants or Dodgers play them in the WC round and if they win there, there will face the West Division winner.

The Brewers are on a bit of a slide, but they will be fine. Win the Division and then get in the playoff mood with a beating on the East Division winner. GCG!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm a firm Cardinal hater too. All I can say is let the Giants or Dodgers play them in the WC round and if they win there, there will face the West Division winner.

The Brewers are on a bit of a slide, but they will be fine. Win the Division and then get in the playoff mood with a beating on the East Division winner. GCG!
Oh. OK. Sorry for blowing up. :):) Damned Cardinals.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh. OK. Sorry for blowing up. :):) Damned Cardinals.

Go Mets! Nice to get the Mets into Milwaukee to cure some Brewer hitting slumps and get a Win. I was watching coverage with Mets broadcasters, boy are they down on their Mets! I suppose though, the Mets were sailing before the All Star Break, are in the weakest NL division and folded up like a cheap suit. Thank you Mets....the Magic # is down to 2!!!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cardinals .....15 wins in a row has got to have both teams in the West worried. Brewers just need to win the division and the first chance they would play the Cards is the NLC series.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What was a 11 game lead is now 6 1/2. Cards have the Cubs ... Brewers have to close out the season against who?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Corbin pitches another Cy Young masterpiece.....Brewers magic number is now 1.

Close it out against the Mets tomorrow!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What was a 11 game lead is now 6 1/2. Cards have the Cubs ... Brewers have to close out the season against who?
Brewers have 1 more home game, tomorrow against The Mets. Then on the road to St. Louis for 3 and L.A. for 3.

Cardinals finish the season with @Cubs (1) and then home for Brewers (3) & Cubs (3).

While I don't forsee the Brewers losing 6 straight road games against the Cardinals and Dodgers, I think all Brewer fans will sleep better if they wrap up the Division tomorrow by beating the Mets.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Under normal circumstances, once Packers training camp opened, baseball season was over for this guy. I find myself more transfixed by the Crew than the Pack and THAT, for me anyway, has never happened before. Can I sit down and watch an entire Brewer's game ... no, I'm not at that point - but truthfully, I haven't watched an entire Packers' game this season neither. To much off-season crap and noise... but, in fairness, I can't sit long enough to watch a movie neither, I'm really leaking money away on HBO (whatever they call it), Hulu, Prime, Netflix and Disney - am I dumb? Or am I just stupid?)

This Brewers team though.... Pokerbrat has guaranteed us a World Series Champion - I think he promised that he'd buy breakfast for the entire forum if they didn't win, but I might have those facts a bit skewed ... I can actually WATCH to the 6th. Come on guys ... lock this thing down today.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can actually WATCH to the 6th.
You might miss some wins AND that breakfast will be served during the 7th inning stretch Mister!

One aspect of baseball I enjoy, it is kind of a lazy sport to watch on TV. Not a ton of action until the ball is actually hit. Granted, I love watching pitchers like Burns, ***** and Peralta strike batters out, but I can also just listen and go about my business, doing other things around the house. Baseball is a pretty simple game to imagine in your mind, probably why even a radii listen us satisfactory.

The other aspect of baseball that allows us to be more casual fans, the 162 games. Until the stretch run and possible playoffs, missing several games is no big deal.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brewers Win the Division! Nice sweep of the Mets gets it done!

Brewers get no help from the Cubs who blow a 2-1 8th inning lead to the Cardinals and lose 4-2. 16 wins in a row now for the Cardinals. 70 years since a National League team has won that many on a row.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The Cards should hopefully regress to their mean. 5 months of baseball is a good enough sample size to judge a team.

Latest posts