2021 Brew Crew

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you delivered his famous line....."Get up...Get up....get outta here....gone!" As you tossed his paper over the roof?
i think it was too early in his broadcasting career for me to pick up on that. he started his reign as the brewers play-by-play guy in 1971, which is about the same time i started delivering papers.

uecker is the rodney dangerfield of sports.
and you want your 2 dollars ;)
well, he was a lousy tipper.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it was too early in his broadcasting career for me to pick up on that. he started his reign as the brewers play-by-play guy in 1971, which is about the same time i started delivering papers.
You had been late delivering the paper as was usual on that mid summer morning. Tired from the previous day of Red Rover and a late night game of Ghosts in the Graveyard, you pedaled hurriedly along your route as you knew the old grumpy man was already outside waiting for you. Not wanting to hear him grump at you again or chance riding on his grass again, you tossed the paper high over your shoulder towards his house from across the street and unknowing yelled, get up, get up, get outta here as it crested high above the sleepy neighborhood street and into his front yard.

As you pedaled away you had no idea that man would take your utterance and turn it into one of the most famous catchphrases in the sport of baseball. On that day, a legend was born, but he didn't know it.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You had been late delivering the paper as was usual on that mid summer morning. Tired from the previous day of Red Rover and a late night game of Ghosts in the Graveyard, you pedaled hurriedly along your route as you knew the old grumpy man was already outside waiting for you. Not wanting to hear him grump at you again or chance riding on his grass again, you tossed the paper high over your shoulder towards his house from across the street and unknowing yelled, get up, get up, get outta here as it crested high above the sleepy neighborhood street and into his front yard.

As you pedaled away you had no idea that man would take your utterance and turn it into one of the most famous catchphrases in the sport of baseball. On that day, a legend was born, but he didn't know it.
he made me promise to never tell anyone that story. lol.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Brewers take 2 out of 3 with Philly and are now 31 games over .500 to match the franchise record set in 1982. And, with the Reds’ 10-inning loss to the Cubs yesterday, it lowered the Brewer’s magic number to 10 to clinch the National League Central.

Besides a fun team to watch, it's amazing how balanced and deep their roster is. Seems like a good player goes down with an injury and the next man up plays well. With every win. I am becoming more and more confident that this could be THE Brewer team that finally wins a World Series.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Ernest Hemingway has NOTHING on you, brother. :tup:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
A win today in Clevland and they break record for amount of games over 500
The way they started the season, with virtually NO run support or offense to speak of, I certainly did not see this coming then. Further credence to the old yarn that it's a long season.

As PB2K wrote: "With every win. I am becoming more and more confident that this could be THE Brewer team that finally wins a World Series." ... I am slowly but surely getting on board with you ... parking my tendency to be a nattering nabob one grain of negativism at a time. ;) (With apologies to Spiro)

Reaction score
Brewers take 2 out of 3 with Philly and are now 31 games over .500 to match the franchise record set in 1982. And, with the Reds’ 10-inning loss to the Cubs yesterday, it lowered the Brewer’s magic number to 10 to clinch the National League Central.

Besides a fun team to watch, it's amazing how balanced and deep their roster is. Seems like a good player goes down with an injury and the next man up plays well. With every win. I am becoming more and more confident that this could be THE Brewer team that finally wins a World Series.
Explain the magic 10 thingy. 10 W from remaining games?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Explain the magic 10 thingy. 10 W from remaining games?
I will ignore the Cardinals for the moment as they are mathematically still eligible. Any combination of 10 wins or 10 Reds losses and the Brewers win the division. If the Brewers win 1 more game, the Reds cannot lose 9 for instance to win the title. If the Brewers go 10-10 over the last 20 games, they win the division even if Cincinnati runs the table.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I will ignore the Cardinals for the moment as they are mathematically still eligible. Any combination of 10 wins or 10 Reds losses and the Brewers win the division. If the Brewers win 1 more game, the Reds cannot lose 9 for instance to win the title. If the Brewers go 10-10 over the last 20 games, they win the division even if Cincinnati runs the table.
Good explanation - it's a lot more easy to let someone else track that stuff. Those numbers are just too small to pique my curiosity. Shoot, just win 'em all right?

Hauser pitched a good 6 last night. Kind of odd though .. gives up one hit. Walks 5 and strikes out 5. Sounds like it's all or nothing with Adrian but he's come a long way since blowing chow on the mound. :laugh: Woodie and Burnes need to regain their dominance for this thing to work.

Oh.... and 32 games over .500. :) Slick as puke on a tile floor. That's what I always say ... sometimes.

Reaction score
Thanks. I see, So basically the countdown is on. Well that sounds like they are in impressive standing.
I haven’t followed them closely since Robin Yount and Paul Molitor days,
Even then it was a 10 year old collecting baseball cards n chewing gum.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Burnes looked unhittable at times....14 K's. 115 pitches seems to be a lot in today's game. Would have loved to have seen him finish, but not worth risking an injury to a guy we need to win the World Series!

Way to shut the door Hader!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cleveland has been no-no'd 3 times this season. Can you imagine? I"m not sure if the other two happened prior to MLB's crackdown on foreign substances.

"Burnes looked unhittable at times" -- ;) -- yeah, guys throwing a no-hitter tend to look that way I would think. :rolleyes:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cleveland was also no-hit in a 7 inning doubleheader this season ... which doesn't officially count.

The starting pitcher for Cleveland yesterday, started all three recognized no hitters against the Tribe. Poor suckered- he's gotta go... LMAO.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is definitely spoken like a true brewers fan - how many can we lose? lol I am only mildly interested considering history. the dodgers and giants loom large and I just get that old feeling that the trophy case remains empty in amfam town. Very Vikqueen like.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
this is definitely spoken like a true brewers fan - how many can we lose? lol I am only mildly interested considering history. the dodgers and giants loom large and I just get that old feeling that the trophy case remains empty in amfam town. Very Vikqueen like.
I would say yours is spoken like a mildly interested fan.

In case you missed it, the Brewers just won 3 out of 4 against the Giants @ San Fran no less. The Brewers have also had a string of nagging injuries to their starters, yet the next guy seems to step up. This isn't only a really good team in Milwaukee, it is a very deep team with one of the best Managers in Baseball, as well as possibly the best pitching rotation in baseball with Burnes-Woodruff-Freddie P.-

If you are a casual fan, I can see why you are saying what you posted, but you should watch the team...they are legit.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say yours is spoken like a mildly interested fan.

In case you missed it, the Brewers just won 3 out of 4 against the Giants @ San Fran no less. The Brewers have also had a string of nagging injuries to their starters, yet the next guy seems to step up. This isn't only a really good team in Milwaukee, it is a very deep team with one of the best Managers in Baseball, as well as possibly the best pitching rotation in baseball with Burnes-Woodruff-Freddie P.-

If you are a casual fan, I can see why you are saying what you posted, but you should watch the team...they are legit.
I will hold you to this...reg season means zero...playoffs and world series is where the rubber hits the road. I love Counsel...and I would love to see it happen, I just think the road is very rocky to get there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will hold you to this...reg season means zero...playoffs and world series is where the rubber hits the road. I love Counsel...and I would love to see it happen, I just think the road is very rocky to get there.
What's wrong with being optimistic? Brewers started poorly but have been getting better throughout the season. They are right now the hottest team in baseball. Other teams are worried about facing the Brewers in the playoffs. Does that mean they will win the WS? No, but this may be there best chance in the last 40 years. Why not get excited?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you delivered his famous line....."Get up...Get up....get outta here....gone!" As you tossed his paper over the roof?
I think my favorite uekerism is when you hear Uecker: "it's hit hard to left (more excitedly) it's GOING . . . ITS . . . (normal speaking voice) caught at the wall.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hold me to what, stating facts?

I get the impression, just by your first comment, you really aren't paying much attention to the Brewers or MLB? What I stated were opinions shared throughout baseball right now, not just Brewer fans. Pick up a National news story about MLB and predictions...I think you might see I'm not alone in stating that The Brewers are one of the best teams in baseball right now.

As far as your statement of "reg season means zero"...tell that to all the teams that are done at the end of the regular season.

The road to the World Series is rocky for every team. Since 1969, only 12 teams have claimed baseball's best record and gone on to win the World Series. However, given the Brewers depth and pitching staff, I love their chances, as do a lot of oddsmakers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210912-134441_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210912-134441_Chrome.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 126

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Cant believe I finally got to see The Brewers complete a No Hitter. This team is riding that magic carpet all the way.

Members online

Latest posts