2021 Brew Crew

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a female CFO years ago who "corrected" me for using the term "you guys" when talking to women...and you know, I have 5 sisters. From that moment on, when she was around, I said "...you persons of the female ge
netic makeup". I don't have to tell you that I never get Christmas cards from her, right?
Don't think that even that would pass these days. "Don't use my DNA to identify how I feel!"

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we used to be called he and she and boys and girls forever too and look where that is getting us? Pick a name so we know what to call them. Not everything has a sinister meaning. I've heard them both called mens and women's hockey team and when it's just Badger Hockey it could be either.

not really speaking to you guys, but society in its quest to be something I guess is losing it's damn mind.

I think for the most part the 2 Hockey Programs have had to be referenced with some kind of identifier. After all, their seasons run concurrently and they both are in the news a lot. Same with the Basketball programs, but the women's B-Ball team has stunk for years, so really not in the news much at all. Would be very confusing if someone just said "The Badger Hockey Team won last night." I don't see how referencing whether it was the Men's or Women's team should really ruffle anyone's feathers, but I can imagine there will always be some that think its outdated and possibly sexist.

I still refer to a group of people as "you guys", even if there are women in it. Just shorter and warmer (in my opinion) to say that VS "OK, you guys and gals...." and I have a feeling someone might be ticked off at the use of "gals". I never was very good with pronouns in school, so I have never lost sleep when someone else isn't either.

I'm not talking about using men's and women's to differentiate between between the two teams. That is necessary and should be perfectly acceptable. I'm talking about the school nicknames and calling them the Lady Badgers as opposed to just Badgers. It is the school nickname and it should apply to all students not just one gender. Some universities have stopped using the word Lady to refer to their women's nicknames but I'm sure they still use the words men's and women's to refer to the teams. The University of Tennessee has stopped using "lady" for all their women's teams except the women's basketball team since 2015. Ironically they keep referring to the women's BB team as the "Lady Vols" as a tribute to their legendary coach Pat Summitt who was, as far as I know, a lady.

I say you guys but I do try to watch it. Especially when I am doing presentations among young people. The problem is what else can you say. You people is too formal. You guys and gals might not go over so well either like Poker said. Guys and girls is probably best but it's still kind of cumbersome to use. I suppose just "you" but its hard to stop there and not add on the "guys" when its so easy to do.

I'm not saying I agree but I can see where some people might not like it. It's kind of like if I said Packerforum.com is filled with many intelligent members and Mondio and Pokerbrat2000. Kind of, not exactly.

And before you beat me to it Poker, there is this

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gotta love seeing the Brewers put the beat down on the Cubbies. It's almost as good as The Pack beating Da Bears.

This team now looks formidable! If we can stay healthy, the Brew Crew actually could win The World Series this year. Really like the pitching, defense and now the offense. Great mud season acquisitions thus year.

I kind of want the Giants/Dodgers to end up with the better record. That way we take on a team from the East and one of the eventual wild card winner(s) from what I think will both be out of the West, have to play the West winner. That way the Brewers would only have to beat one West team to get to the World Series.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I decided to research 9 cylinder engines instead, seems to be popular in the radial style airplane and diesel marine applications.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well to be clear, there are 26 players on the roster, so technically, they are firing on all 26. So 3 Suburban's and a Tata Nano.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The other amazing thing about the Brewers this year is their depth. The Brewers have been forced by injuries and COVID-19 to employ a club-record 60 players, including 27 relievers, this year. Yet the club is 25 games clear of .500. I think that also says a lot about CC and his coaches, as well as the FO.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a dedicated Brews forum out there on the interwebs? If not, I'd like to see how we can push this forum to get more Brew fans posting in it. I know FB already has a crap ton of crappy groups but forums are #1 place to go for alot of other non Facebook fans. Love to get this from and the Bucks forums more activity.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is there a dedicated Brews forum out there on the interwebs? If not, I'd like to see how we can push this forum to get more Brew fans posting in it. I know FB already has a crap ton of crappy groups but forums are #1 place to go for alot of other non Facebook fans. Love to get this from and the Bucks forums more activity.
I thought this was a dedicated Brewer forum :tup:

Wait until the crew is winning the World Series and this thread will double in visitors! So about 8.

I think you have seen a similar turnout for the Bucks. While I can't speak for everyone, I don't see a lot of crossover fans here. Could be that many of them don't live in Wisconsin and just follow the Packers for other reasons.

All that said, probably better off using this forum as your template and start up a dedicated one to the Brewers and one for the Bucks.

Side note, are you still going to switch back to the old rating system? This new one kind of blows TBH.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes there is.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well to be clear, there are 26 players on the roster, so technically, they are firing on all 26. So 3 Suburban's and a Tata Nano.
I truly apologize for using a cliche in my post setting off this discussion. Live and learn I guess. I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other -- always going forward and building one brick at a time.

Members online

Latest posts