2021 Brew Crew

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With how hot the Brewers have suddenly become, I figure it's time we better roll out a thread for the season. What started as a team with surprisingly great pitching, but no hitting, has suddenly blossomed into a team firing on all cylinders.

Yesterday's 7-2 win over the Pirates featured a play by Jackie Bradley Jr. which for me shows you the teams mentality....smart, fun and wanting to win.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They're playing championship caliber ball approaching the All-Star break. Keeping it up after that is the key. I've seen many a team's fortune flip after a break like that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If they can win one more game on Sunday, it will mean free hamburgers in Milwaukee thanks to the George Webb chain of diners, which has a long-standing promise back to the Minor League Milwaukee Brewers in the 1940s to serve fans any time the local team wins 12 in a row.

Now it was jinxed. I hope not.

The 11-game streak is part of a longer stretch in which the Brewers have won 30 of their last 40 games...They lead the NL with an average of 5.35 runs per game during their last 40 games,...The Brewers have outscored opponents during the winning streak by an 84-28 margin,...The only Brewers team that can claim a longer winning streak in the regular season was the ‘87 Crew,...
Above stats cite

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Now it was jinxed. I hope not.
WTG Sparky!

Brewers are down 2-0 in the bottom of the 8th.

They need a rally in the 9th or there will be no hamburgers for you or anyone!

Edit: There goes the streak!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
They're playing championship caliber ball approaching the All-Star break. Keeping it up after that is the key. I've seen many a team's fortune flip after a break like that.
They are. We've seen it before but even Counsell said it ... something like "...it'll come down to the last games of the season in the division. It always does" I have to say though, I'm actually watching games from time to time. This team is fun to watch.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bucks bring home a Championship and now suddenly the Brewers are really looking legit! What a fun team to watch. Great pitching, great fielding, bats are coming alive again and best of all, smart Manager in CC.

Go Crew!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I view the Packers, Badgers, Bucks and Brewers pretty much as Wisconsin teams. How sweet would an NBA, MLB and NFL Championship be in one years time? 1 down, 2 to go.
What? no national championship for Big Red

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Freddy Peralta breaks a very old record and several starts still ahead to improve upon it:

Most starts in a single season allowing two hits or fewer in AL/NL history

Freddy Peralta (MIL): 12 in 2021
Nolan Ryan (TEX): 11 in 1991
Nolan Ryan (HOU): 10 in 1986

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've only been able to catch a handful of games this year (YouTube TV lost rights to FSWI) but my dad updates me on everything almost nightly. Really looking forward to seeing this team play more often in the coming months

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've only been able to catch a handful of games this year (YouTube TV lost rights to FSWI) but my dad updates me on everything almost nightly. Really looking forward to seeing this team play more often in the coming months
Same for me. Fooking YT TV!!! Actually, Fooking FS 1 Sports. Same thing happened when I had DISH TV. My parents get all the games, so a good reason to go visit

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
John Axeford back ... cost the Crew $1. The Crew toss nickles around like they're man-hole covers. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point, The Lady Badgers Hockey Team won the NCAA Championship....should have included them.

I was being kind to let you find your own mistake. Now don't let it happen again.

On a side note you do know that referring to them as the Lady Badgers is sexist right? I don't want anyone to get into trouble with any women's rights organizations. Of course now that I think about it I suppose you could consider the phrase women's rights organizations as sexist as well. Lets just say I don't want no one getting into trouble with no one.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was being kind to let you find your own mistake. Now don't let it happen again.

On a side note you do know that referring to them as the Lady Badgers is sexist right? I don't want anyone to get into trouble with any women's rights organizations. Of course now that I think about it I suppose you could consider the phrase women's rights organizations as sexist as well. Lets just say I don't want no one getting into trouble with no one.
I was going to mention that the Badger Football and Basketball teams have slim shots at National Championships, but very very....very slim.

As far as "Lady" Badgers, it's been that way forever and so far I haven't heard any rumblings about changing that, but your point may someday be addressed. They probably have earned the right to just be addressed as "The Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Team". While the other team could be referenced as "The Badger Boys Hockey Team".

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we used to be called he and she and boys and girls forever too and look where that is getting us? Pick a name so we know what to call them. Not everything has a sinister meaning. I've heard them both called mens and women's hockey team and when it's just Badger Hockey it could be either.

not really speaking to you guys, but society in its quest to be something I guess is losing it's damn mind.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think for the most part the 2 Hockey Programs have had to be referenced with some kind of identifier. After all, their seasons run concurrently and they both are in the news a lot. Same with the Basketball programs, but the women's B-Ball team has stunk for years, so really not in the news much at all. Would be very confusing if someone just said "The Badger Hockey Team won last night." I don't see how referencing whether it was the Men's or Women's team should really ruffle anyone's feathers, but I can imagine there will always be some that think its outdated and possibly sexist.

I still refer to a group of people as "you guys", even if there are women in it. Just shorter and warmer (in my opinion) to say that VS "OK, you guys and gals...." and I have a feeling someone might be ticked off at the use of "gals". I never was very good with pronouns in school, so I have never lost sleep when someone else isn't either.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I had a female CFO years ago who "corrected" me for using the term "you guys" when talking to women...and you know, I have 5 sisters. From that moment on, when she was around, I said "...you persons of the female ge
netic makeup". I don't have to tell you that I never get Christmas cards from her, right?

Members online

Latest posts