2021 Brew Crew

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I truly apologize for using a cliche in my post setting off this discussion. Live and learn I guess. I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other -- always going forward and building one brick at a time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have nothing to add. My phone moved and hit my thumb ... RIGHT ON "POST REPLY". Dangdest thing...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Down 1-4 going into the bottom of the 7th and the Brewers come away with a 7-4 win! This Brewer team is really fun to watch, but can the injuries just stop already! With the latest casualties being Escobar and Adames!

With an 8 1/2 game lead over the Reds and 36 games left, the Brewers can't quite coast into the playoffs, but let's hope for no more injuries and good health when the playoffs start.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How about that? The injury thing concerns me. It's that time of year and that 8.5 can disappear fast...but these guys are sooooo fun to watch

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
that 8.5 can disappear

That is why these final 2 regular season games with the Reds today and tomorrow are important. Win both of them and a 10.5 lead with 34 to go is really going to feel nice. The Brewers still have 7 games against the 2 powerhouses in the West, The Giants (4) and Dodgers (3) and both of those series are unfortunately on the road. Although ironically, the Brewers are a better road than home team this year with a 35-28 (56%) home record and a 42-21 (67%) Road record.

While the Giants and Dodgers will be tough opponents, some of the remaining games aren't cakewalks either. We still have 10 games with the Cardinals, so I am hoping by the time we meet them for the 7 late September games, they are out of the playoff race.

- @Twins (3 games) Twins record: 54-71
- @ Giants (4) 81-44
- Cardinals (3) 63-61
- Phillies (3) 63-62
- @ Indians (3) 61-62
- @ Tigers (2) 61-66
- Cubs (3) 55-72
- Cardinals (4) 63-61
- Mets (3) 61-64
- @ Cardinals (3) 63-61
- @ Dodgers (3) 79-47

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Damn they are on fire!
Big time! I honestly didn't expect them to even split the 4 game series at San Fran and then they go out there and win the first 3 and will go for the sweep today!

This team is still firing on all....28 cylinders!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan Braun bobble head day.

Down 5 to 2. Bottom of 9th

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The cards getting a red hot poker up the **********! Gotta love it. T.F.T!!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A...M...A...Z...I...N...G! !

Reminds me a bit of this game...also against the Cards.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wonder who will remember this game more....the players....the fans that witnessed it .......or the fans that left the game early to beat traffic? :eek::eek::eek:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder who will remember this game more....the players....the fans that witnessed it .......or the fans that left the game early to beat traffic? :eek::eek::eek:
I still recall a bucks game vs the pacers in 05?? In Milwaukee down a huge amount...kids got bored so we left....listened to it on way home and they won

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still recall a bucks game vs the pacers in 05?? In Milwaukee down a huge amount...kids got bored so we left....listened to it on way home and they won
A friend was at the game today. She confirmed that a lot of people left after the 8th innining and before..

My dad used to love to leave sporting events early to avoid crowds. I can't tell you how many comeback victories I missed as a kid. Now, I don't leave or stop watching until the final out or tick of the clock.

Here are the highlights of the fantastic 9th inning today, which the Brewers were down 5-1 when it started.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotta love uecker. gotta love these brewers.
I never have been a big baseball fan but I do like listening to Uecker. In fact I kinda liked it when the Brewer's were getting blown out because then he would just go off on a tangent with some of his best stories.

Obviously many fans know him from his stellar acting in the super successful and critically acclaimed classic "Mr. Belvedere" ... Oh, and that "Major League" thing too I suppose, but I wonder how many non Brewer fans have actually listened to him call a game. Obviously fans of a particular team are going to listen to their own teams announcers so do many really get the chance to hear him without going out of their way. It also makes me wonder how many others there are who are similar to him that we just don't hear because we either listen to national broadcasts with impartial announcers or we tune into the Brewer's broadcast. I'm sure most of us are a bit biased in our opinions that Ueck is the best but are there any others that stand out in your minds. Truth be told the only other local announcer I know is Harry Caray but I am sure there are other "local" gems out there

I was at a party not too long ago and someone brought up the topic of which sports figure would you like to spend an afternoon with and without hesitation I said "Allison Stokke" but Ueck would be a close second,. Well maybe not real close but he would be second for sure.

Does anyone know when he called his first " get up, get up, get outta here, gone". As much as I love that I gotta say I like "How about that one folks" even more.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was at a party not too long ago and someone brought up the topic of which sports figure would you like to spend an afternoon with and without hesitation I said "Allison Stokke" but Ueck would be a close second,. Well maybe not real close but he would be second for sure.
I know... I love pole vaulting as well.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I never have been a big baseball fan but I do like listening to Uecker. In fact I kinda liked it when the Brewer's were getting blown out because then he would just go off on a tangent with some of his best stories.

Obviously many fans know him from his stellar acting in the super successful and critically acclaimed classic "Mr. Belvedere" ... Oh, and that "Major League" thing too I suppose, but I wonder how many non Brewer fans have actually listened to him call a game. Obviously fans of a particular team are going to listen to their own teams announcers so do many really get the chance to hear him without going out of their way. It also makes me wonder how many others there are who are similar to him that we just don't hear because we either listen to national broadcasts with impartial announcers or we tune into the Brewer's broadcast. I'm sure most of us are a bit biased in our opinions that Ueck is the best but are there any others that stand out in your minds. Truth be told the only other local announcer I know is Harry Caray but I am sure there are other "local" gems out there

Does anyone know when he called his first " get up, get up, get outta here, gone". As much as I love that I gotta say I like "How about that one folks" even more.
I think an afternoon with Allison VS one with Bob would entail 2 completely different agendas. ;)

Besides movies and the sitcom, Bob did quite a few commercials, "Great seats hey buddy? He also was a regular on The Johnny Carson show, appearing over 100 times. But you are right, I doubt many non-Brewer fans have had the pleasure to be able to hear his awesome play by play of Brewer games.

As far as his famous call of Home Runs, according to Bob, he has always done it that way and in his humble, self depreciating way, takes little credit for it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think an afternoon with Allison VS one with Bob would entail 2 completely different agendas. ;)

Besides movies and the sitcom, Bob did quite a few commercials, "Great seats hey buddy? He also was a regular on The Johnny Carson show, appearing over 100 times. But you are right, I doubt many non-Brewer fans have had the pleasure to be able to hear his awesome play by play of Brewer games.

As far as his famous call of Home Runs, according to Bob, he has always done it that way and in his humble, self depreciating way, takes little credit for it.

With Bob I'm thinking a boat on Lake Michigan with brats and beer. With the other one ...

As far as the call I just listened to a couple of you tube videos of his greatest calls and I could swear there were a few early ones where he didn't.

I must be in the front row.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts