2021 Badger Football

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough opening opponent for Bucky. Both teams played tough defense in the first half. Too many mistakes by the Badgers and IMO conservative play calling by Chryst
Tough opening opponent for Bucky. Both teams played tough defense in the first half. Too many mistakes by the Badgers and IMO conservative play calling by Chryst.
Terrible finish against the Irish this Saturday! The Badger defense played so good for most of the game but everything imploded late in the game. The Badger quarterback should be much better by now; instead of throwing interceptions late in the game. That runback from the punt started the downhill slide for the Badgers and it just snowballed from that point on! Maybe time for Leonard to take over head coaching duties???? Maybe a better game plan and quarterback too???

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Graham Mertz this season:

-4 interceptions
-6 total turnovers
-1 touchdown
-2 TD's thrown to ND players.

So much for his High School 4 Star recruit grade, at least for now. ESPN rated him as the best pocket passer in the class of 2019 and 21st highest rated recruit overal.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Did I miss another Badgers football game? ;) Wellllll ... cussy darn, poopie-swear. :rolleyes: Looks like it was a tremendous outing.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Looking forward to my Buckeyes Smacking you guys :)
I would love to play the Buckeyes, but since they aren't on our schedule, that must mean you have the Badgers pegged to win the West and play the Buckeyes for the Big10 Championship.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did I miss another Badgers football game? ;) Wellllll ... cussy darn, poopie-swear. :rolleyes: Looks like it was a tremendous outing.
As I think I said in a previous post, the final score really isn't an accurate picture of the game. The Badgers were in it and up 13-10 in the 4th Q. Up until that point, it was quite the defensive battle and then the wheels didn't just fall off, they exploded and sent the Badges over a cliff. A ND kick return against what appeared to be the Packers special teams from the past, for a TD started it all. That was followed by 4 Mertz turnovers. The first turnover (fumble) at the Badger 46, ND quickly scored a TD. Then Mertz's first of 3 4th Quarter interceptions, turned into an easy FG for ND and that was followed by consecutive pick 6's thrown by Mertz. I don't think a player or an offense can be that pathetic in one Quarter.

Bottom line, this team isn't playing well at all and a lot of that is on Mertz, the OL and Chryst. The defense is solid, as is the DC Jim Leonard. They will win some games if they can get the offense going, but man Mertz and that OL really are struggling.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did anyone else that watched the game on TV have really terrible audio from FOX? The crowd and band noises were so loud, I could barely make out what the broadcasters were saying throughout most of the game. I finally shut off the TV audio and turned the radio broadcast on, which was annoyingly 10 seconds ahead of my YouTube broadcast.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else that watched the game on TV have really terrible audio from FOX? The crowd and band noises were so loud, I could barely make out what the broadcasters were saying throughout most of the game. I finally shut off the TV audio and turned the radio broadcast on, which was annoyingly 10 seconds ahead of my YouTube broadcast.
No issue for me. I just watched the network broadcast.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to Mertz. Guy looked unbelievable in his first game and has gone downhill ever since.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No issue for me. I just watched the network broadcast.
Thanks. Maybe a setting on my TV. Just now I kicked up the game on my computer and while the crowd noise was still really loud, it seemed the commentators were easier to hear than they were yesterday though my TV.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to Mertz. Guy looked unbelievable in his first game and has gone downhill ever since.
If this continues, instead of saying someone "has the yips", they are going to say "Oh he really had the Mertz".

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham Mertz this season:

-4 interceptions
-6 total turnovers
-1 touchdown
-2 TD's thrown to ND players.

So much for his High School 4 Star recruit grade, at least for now. ESPN rated him as the best pocket passer in the class of 2019 and 21st highest rated recruit overal.
Yes that was NOT good quarterbacking by any stretch of the imagination! No wonder they are calling Him Ethel Mertz. She probably couldn’t have played any worse!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to play the Buckeyes, but since they aren't on our schedule, that must mean you have the Badgers pegged to win the West and play the Buckeyes for the Big10 Championship.
I do . I think the QB is what’s holding then back because that’s a sold football team

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess Wolf and the Badgers answered the Mertz critics....they have no better options.

Another terrible performance by the Badger O-Line, QB's and play calling. This team will be lucky to play themselves into a bowl game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So when you have an absolute **** for a quarterback and poor online play what play calls they should make. conservative play calls is probably the only thing that keeps his team from getting beat by 60 every week

They aren’t good.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So when you have an absolute **** for a quarterback and poor online play what play calls they should make. conservative play calls is probably the only thing that keeps his team from getting beat by 60 every week

They aren’t good.
Just a bad season.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As bad as the Badgers have looked at times, if they win out, they win the Big10 West. They have won 3 against rather easy opponents (Eastern Michigan, Illinois and Army) and lost 3 to 3 pretty good teams, that are all ranked. (PSU(7), Michigan (6), ND (13)).

Saturday will give everyone an idea of who the Badgers are given that the game is at #25 Purdue.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as the Badgers have looked at times, if they win out, they win the Big10 West. They have won 3 against rather easy opponents (Eastern Michigan, Illinois and Army) and lost 3 to 3 pretty good teams, that are all ranked. (PSU(7), Michigan (6), ND (13)).

Saturday will give everyone an idea of who the Badgers are given that the game is at #25 Purdue.
If Purdue can go into Iowa and dominate then the Badgers can regain some validity with a win there.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Purdue can go into Iowa and dominate then the Badgers can regain some validity with a win there.
Yup. The Boilermakers are snake bitten against the Badgers and have lost 14 straight games, last win was 2003 by a score of 26-23. The Badgers had tied the game with 2:55 remaining on now Badger DC Jim Leonhard's 63-yard punt return. Purdue marched down and kicked an 18 yd FG with 3 seconds left to win.

Mertz and the Badgers offense need to get going, the Defense is awesome, but can't be out there all day.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. The Boilermakers are snake bitten against the Badgers and have lost 14 straight games, last win was 2003 by a score of 26-23. The Badgers had tied the game with 2:55 remaining on now Badger DC Jim Leonhard's 63-yard punt return. Purdue marched down and kicked an 18 yd FG with 3 seconds left to win.

Mertz and the Badgers offense need to get going, the Defense is awesome, but can't be out there all day.
Don’t worry… it seems that Mertz is determined to keep purdue in this game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts