2020 Training Camp Thread

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kamal martin out 6-8 weeks after a knee surgery. yoohoo, paging mr. claymaker. :D inb4 wimm says he's bad and it would be a mistake to sign him and i say i don't care i want him anyways.

H

HardRightEdge

kamal martin out 6-8 weeks after a knee surgery.
I thought Martin was the best value pick after surveying the tape post draft. Lots of rave reviews coming out of camp, at least relative to the competition.

Now, I'm not one to scrounge every bit of practice field reporting but I've read several reports and I don't recall Burks name coming up, good or bad. That could be steady-Eddie performance with nothing dramatic to report, it could be he's working with the second or third team with the reporters not paying that much attention, or he could be getting light work coming off injury.

Anybody seeing an overall assessment of his camp to date, not just a comment about a play here or there?

In the absence of info, I was thinking this might have been a Taylor-Jenkins kind of situation--Burks gets the start in base at least, with maybe Greene getting some or all in nickel/dime, based on experience with the system, but with a comer you'd expect to challenge for a starting job sooner rather than later.

If it's 6-8 weeks for Martin, which could end up longer, I guess it's Burks in base unless he's actually been terrible. Thoughts?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not that Martin was a gimme for vastly improving the Packer defense, but just like last season, they have just gotten that much thinner at a very weak position. I haven't really been following Free agency, but given the remaining options on the roster sucked at the position last year, if I am Gute, I'm looking long and hard at FA's or maybe trying to pull off a trade. This I believe is even more urgent given Kirksey's past injury history.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do. i liked that pick

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, I'm not one to scrounge every bit of practice field reporting but I've read several reports and I don't recall Burks name coming up, good or bad. That could be steady-Eddie performance with nothing dramatic to report, it could be he's working with the second or third team with the reporters not paying that much attention, or he could be getting light work coming off injury.

Anybody seeing an overall assessment of his camp to date, not just a comment about a play here or there?

Burks seems to be an afterthought, I've heard more about Ty Summers and Curtis Bolton this offseason than I have him. Maybe he's been relegated to ST only?

Not that Martin was a gimme for vastly improving the Packer defense, but just like last season, they have just gotten that much thinner at a very weak position. I haven't really been following Free agency, but given the remaining options on the roster sucked at the position last year, if I am Gute, I'm looking long and hard at FA's or maybe trying to pull off a trade. This I believe is even more urgent given Kirksey's past injury history.

The only people who jump off the page are Alec Ogletree and Darron Lee. Ogletree is obviously better, but the Armchair GM in me wants to give Lee a tryout. He can't be any worse than Burks.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burks seems to be an afterthought, I've heard more about Ty Summers and Curtis Bolton this offseason than I have him. Maybe he's been relegated to ST only?

The only people who jump off the page are Alec Ogletree and Darron Lee. Ogletree is obviously better, but the Armchair GM in me wants to give Lee a tryout. He can't be any worse than Burks.

Curtis Bolton hasn't even played in training camp. I don't know what/where you've been reading, but I think you've missed a few things lol.

I've read that Burks has had an up and down camp, with Martin outplaying him. It sounds to me like Burks has been better than prior years (low bar).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our RT injuries...I kinda wonder if Veldheer's phone may have got a jingle for a check in....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts