2020 Packers 3rd round pick: Josiah Deguara, TE

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would guess that he is meant to fill an H-Back role. This would probably be LaFleur's Juszczyk.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know nothing about him, BIL says he’s pretty fast for a Te, does that count?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced Gute is either injecting lysol in his veins or the Vikings have hacked his computer.

6th Round Grade.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the round grades are always accurate?

i have never seen this kid do anything. Why shouldn’t I go see what he can do. Tell me why he’s a terrible pick.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I expected him to go later, but recently saw a day 2 projection. I'll try to track that down.

He's a sturdy, energetic blocker despite being undersized for a Y tight end spot. So he's probably an H Back candidate-- would replace Vitale, but with a larger role in the passing game.

He's a good athlete-- 8.47 RAS-- and a productive receiver-- 39/504/7 last year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not want a TE and this guy is pretty short for a TE. Did we just draft a professional special teams player?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm still amazed that with our first 4 draft picks, we take a QB, a RB and a TE.....I would have had a better chance at winning the lottery if someone asked me to have predicted that.

Its like nobody in the organization is acknowledging their weaknesses from last season or am I missing something and all the solutions are on the current roster?

See you in Round 5! There are plenty of first round WR's left to pick from! :rolleyes:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we're definitely shifting into a ground and pound offense.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far all our needs that have been addressed...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the round grades are always accurate?

i have never seen this kid do anything. Why shouldn’t I go see what he can do. Tell me why he’s a terrible pick.

I expected him to go later, but recently saw a day 2 projection. I'll try to track that down.

He's a sturdy, energetic blocker despite being undersized for a Y tight end spot. So he's probably an H Back candidate-- would replace Vitale, but with a larger role in the passing game.

He's a good athlete-- 8.47 RAS-- and a productive receiver-- 39/504/7 last year.

Lance Zierlein gave him a 6th Round Grade. Honestly I thought we could find him as an UDFA but 6th would be ok to secure him.

For a guy to jump a whole 3 rounds? I dunno....This guy better post 650+ yards of total offense by Year 2 with that kind of vote of confidence.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Back up qb, back up running back, back up tight end. Good god!

Yup. Before the draft Gute asked me to make him a priority list by position of the Packers needs. I should have given him better instructions, I am afraid he is working from the bottom of the list up!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lance Zierlein gave him a 6th Round Grade. Honestly I thought we could find him as an UDFA but 6th would be ok to secure him.

For a guy to jump a whole 3 rounds? I dunno....This guy better post 650+ yards of total offense by Year 2 with that kind of vote of confidence.

This may prove in time to be a terrible pick, but I simply cannot understand comments like this.

Jump three rounds? Are Zierlein's projections the standard that NFL teams are working from?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Deguara and Keene were projected near one another nearly everywhere as comparable prospects. New England just traded back into round 3 to take the latter. I guess he didn't get the memo about the 6th round.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may prove in time to be a terrible pick, but I simply cannot understand comments like this.

Jump three rounds? Are Zierlein's projections the standard that NFL teams are working from?

I'm not saying he is, you could probably find a handful of other "experts" who would agree as well. I honestly thought Deguara was a UDFA. I doubt you could find any article that gave him a Day 2 Projection. But before you say it, yes I understand these are not NFL GMs, but still, that's a strong leap.

Reaction score
I bet Deguara was excited! :roflmao:

is it possible Gute is experiencing A-symptomatic atropobia myalgia? It’s very very very rare but this draft shows the exact symptoms.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not saying he is, you could probably find a handful of other "experts" who would agree as well. I honestly thought Deguara was a UDFA. I doubt you could find any article that gave him a Day 2 Projection. But before you say it, yes I understand these are not NFL GMs, but still, that's a strong leap.

That right there. That's what makes no sense to me. If the teams had him graded in that range, there was no leap. Doesn't make it a good or bad pick, but when you talk about leaps, reaches, and slides, you're assuming that NFL teams and the media are working off the same boards.

Members online

Latest posts