2020 NFL schedule to be released Thursday

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Mystery Road Games: against: Buccaneers, Texans, Colts and Lions

If what we have is correct, these are the weeks those 4 teams fall into.

Week 6: not Lions (they play Jags)
Week 7:
Week 9:
Week 14:

EDIT: You all are on your own for awhile.....time for me to depart to take care of business. Another fun year of trying to crack the schedule before its release. GOPACKGO!

Last edited:

FrozenTakesInGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit 9/20
Atlanta 10/5
Minnesota 11/1
Jacksonville 11/15
Chicago 11/29
Philadelphia 12/6
Carolina 12/19 or 12/20
Tennessee 12/27

that’s the home slate

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not a fan of having to fly out to San Fran for a Thursday Night game. That one was going to be hard enough to win without it being a short week!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is we'll either play Minnesota or SF in week 1. In truth I hope it's an away game if we play Minnesota so we can get it out the way.
HA! CALLED IT! Give me my props people! XD

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1)I was hoping we'd face some new arriving qbs and coaches in their first year in the first 6 games considering the lack of time to prepare due to COVID. Hoping we'd get Panthers early.

2)Travel to the 2 best teams in NFC in San Fran and New Orleans (AND on prime time). 1st round bye going to be so damn hard beating those guys.

3)I hate playing the contenders from the previous season early in the schedule. If we play the tough teams late in year at least we can count on injuries hurting those teams, but if we play the contenders from 2019 early on there is much less likely chance for injury.

With these complaints, I guess the NFL wants parity. Just life in the business.

AT LEAST we play Tampa relatively early since Brady will be learning new playbook and probably won't have the best chemistry with teammates until Thanksgiving.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at this schedule one thing is for certain. By Week 9 we're going to know if we're contenders or not as the first 9 weeks we'll be running the freaking gauntlet. The freaking schedule makers are certainly not doing us ANY favors this year. 3 away games right off the bat, and then 1 and then back on the road to play Brady and The Bucs. One thing is for certain this time around, we beat these teams, we'll damn sure get some freaking respect on our names. I'm comfortable with my 11-5 prediction.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That isn't an easy schedule by any stretch of the imagination. First half is brutal. I hope it isn't true but could easily be 3-4 going into SF. The SNF game against the Bears could be the true turning point of the season. Bears D won't be a joke.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh boy going to San Fran on a Thursday Night Game...

Hopefully this time they are more prepared. I really dont wanna see a third straight blow out to those jokers.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9-7 is my guess... Playing against some tough running offenses and everyone knows that's our weakness going into the season. Away schedule looks brutal.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Surprised by a full preseason schedule, and a full 17 game season with a bye, I have a feeling this season will be amended.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really tough first half but the 2nd half is really good, especially the many late home games.
I really hate the short week before the 49ers game. The game is already hard enough on a normal week. But with the short week and travel to the west coast it will be 10x harder.
The early bye is also super tough. I like that they are playing Vikings and Saints in the dome early in the season due to potential empty stadiums in the first weeks. That can be really useful.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If the Packers are able to keep their heads above water for the first half of the season, the final 8 games set up pretty nicely for a momentum building playoff run. 5 of the last 8 games are at Lambeau, including 4 home games after Thanksgiving on the frozen tundra.

Road games are at Indy, at Detroit, and at Chicago last game of the season. For an 8 game stretch, it's about as pedestrian a schedule as you could hope for down the stretch.

If the Packers come out of the first 8 games at 4-4, I could see a 7-1 run down the stretch to finish 11-5.

@ Minnesota - W
Detroit - W
@ New Orleans - L
Atlanta - W
BYE
@ Tampa Bay - L
@ Houston - W
Minnesota - W
@ San Francisco - L
Jacksonville - W
@ Indianapolis - W
Chicago - W
Philadelphia - L
@ Detroit - W
Carolina - W
Tennessee - W
@ Chicago - W

12-4

Guess I'm feeling overly optimistic today.

Even the losses I'm projecting really could go either way. @ New Orleans is the toughest one. Tampa Bay will depend on how much Brady has left in the tank. San Francisco on Thursday night is a tough ask, but anything can happen on a Thursday night game. Still though, I'm not giving the Packers the benefit of the doubt against them until I have evidence to show they can compete. And Philly at home is more than winnable.

The more realistic prediction is 11-5. We'll see.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of Packer fans talking like the first game against the Vikings will be a loss but not sure I see why. Packers swept them last year. Vikings list way more talent from last year and replaced most of it with rookies. Their bad oline looks like it will still be bad. They lack depth at wr and are incredibly inexperienced at cb. They will be playing a lot of young guys in key positions. Lots of chances to exploit that. I expect a win there. The next 7 are tough but I could see 4-3. Puts them at 5-3 and then the last 8 are very winnable. 6-2 leaves them at 11-5.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy going to San Fran on a Thursday Night Game...

Hopefully this time they are more prepared. I really dont wanna see a third straight blow out to those jokers.
Having two weeks to prepare for them didn't help us last year. Might as well make this one a short week and get it over with. The NFL could give us six months to prepare for the Niners and we might be able to hold them to 100 yards rushing before contact.

D

Deleted member 6794

I hate playing the contenders from the previous season early in the schedule. If we play the tough teams late in year at least we can count on injuries hurting those teams, but if we play the contenders from 2019 early on there is much less likely chance for injury.

The Packers will most likely have more injuries late in the season as well. Therefore I don't think that makes any difference.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
My final prediction

11-5 with a +/- of 1.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers/Lions week 14 matchup has been flexed to 4:25 ET kickoff on Fox, per Adam Schefter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts