San Francisco
Dallas
N.Y. Giants
Kansas City
San Diego

I see 6-10

Reaction score
It’s way early. Unless we invest in O line we can plan on a 7-9 type season

If GB goes out and gets a 1 top tier OL in FA plus 2 more OL inside our top 4-5 draft picks we might might have a chance of squeeking in at 9-7 or 10-6

It won’t be until 2020 that we break the 10-6 mark. We need 2 solid drafts. I wouldn’t mind replicating the trade back (if possible) to acquire an additional 1st round pick in 2020. I don’t see a huge difference in the draft talent between #12 and #18 or so.

1. I’d resign Mo if he’s made full recovery
2. As unreliable as Brian is, I’d keep Bulaga one more year to avoid taking a substantial cap hit. I’d draft or acquire an OT through FA early as Bulagas successor. The new guy would have a year to develop and get live game experience when Bulaga gets hurt. (He always does)
3. Id get a premier WR or pass catching RB through FA.
4. Third in FA id go after a Safety.
5. I’d spend 6 of the 10 draft picks on Offense.
6. I’d use 2 of the first 4 picks on Offense including a first day OT or OG. Unless someone like Ferrell slips and we just have to take him.. then I’d package picks and move back into the end of round 1 a third time for my OL (trading picks 44 and 76)
7. I’d consider moving around the board. If a top 5 type player falls I’d move up. Or I’d replicate last year and pick up another day 1 pick in 2020.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina based off what we're seeing either or but for the sake of being optimistic - W
Washington: Alex Smith is not gonna be the same and coming off that injury- W
Philadelphia: Depends on when we face them. Definitely one of the Jekyll and Mr. Hyde teams of the NFL: W/L
Denver: That defense will keep them in that game, and Case Keenum while nothing stellar he's nothing to sneeze at since this is at home I'll give this win: W
Oakland: Until they prove otherwise: W
San Fran: This could be an upset but it'll largely depend on Jimmy G. For now I'll put this as a win: W
Dallas: This team will be out for payback as we've been a thorn in their side. Especially considering we've beaten them the last 2 times we were there. This could go either way, but just for the hell of it: W/L
NYG: This team I hate to admit it is my upset pick. Eli for some reason always plays well against The Packers: L
KC: Yeah...Until this team proves otherwise. This will be a fun game and I think Rodgers will be able to go toe to toe with Mahomes, but again based off what I saw this year: L
SD: Again another game we could win, but as of right now: L

And I will give the division foes: EXCEPT DETROIT, enough respect to split with them. Detroit got a freaking gift of the century. This will not happen again. We sweep there ***** next year! Book it!

Final result: 10-6 worse case: 8-8

My optimism: 13-3 Don't @ me! XD

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well after this season the optimism is definitely much lower for sure, and our team is likely going to have quite a makeover.

As far as automatic wins well ... I suppose unless Chucky has something real fancy cooked up his sleeve I don't know about, Oakland should be the game.

Automatic losses .... Well we play Mahomes and company in Arrowhead, think we can pencil that one in. Chargers, well I would say yes there too although they can be a bit of a weird team sometimes.

Everyone else on the list probably is better, but Panthers and Broncos both might have new coaching staffs. Read a report today that says Gruden is going to be kept in Washington, but ... Idk, even though they were 6-2 under Alex Smith I really don't buy them. New York Giants question will be whether or not they move on from Eli.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my upset pick. Eli for some reason always plays well against The Packers: L

In the past yes, but his last two trip s up here in 2016 he didn't play too good. Hell we were playing with a makeshift secondary in the playoffs and he still couldn't take advantage of it.

The Eli of old, yes he had our number, but where he's at currently and what I've been of the Giants' OL, they might be moving on from him now, at least I would seriously consider it if I were them. Granted I'm not writing off any team, particularly not until we somehow get this dumpster fire offense of ours working again. But the Giants have had a number of their own problems in that department.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe 9-7. 10-6 if they get some good draft picks and FA signs.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let's see...Mack and company in the first game of the season, against our new O that you know won't be won't be featured much in the preseason, run with rusty starters who'll have also sat most of the preseason, and our qb who chose not to repair his knee? great.

Members online

Latest posts