2019 Green Bay Packers (Through 5 Weeks)

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Not much of a stat person in terms of predicting game/season outcomes, but I wanted to highlight what Mike Pettine, Matt LeFluer and Brian Gutekunst have done in the past 1-2 years:

Packers Stats (2019 Through 5 Weeks):

+7 Turnover Differential (1st in NFL)

31.1% in Pressure Rate without a blitz (1st in NFL)

9 PBU for Jaire Alexander (1st in NFL)

8 rushing TDs for Aaron Jones (1st in NFL)

55 Tackles for Blake Martinez (2nd in NFL)

6 PBU for Kevin King (3rd in NFL)

2 INT for Kevin King (3rd in NFL)

5.5 sacks for Preston Smith (5th in NFL)

5 sacks for Za’Darius Smith (6th in NFL)

18.6 point per game allowed (7th in NFL)

- This is what I chose to highlight because for the past 8 years (with the exception of maybe Blake Martinez in tackles) the packers have not had a defensive unit or a run game that could sniff these kinds of numbers. Now, it is only 5 games, but it also has to be said that with the exception of the Broncos, the packers have played all playoff caliber teams. If you take a look at the Patriots stats, they are very comparable with a much smaller point per game total. The bears, vikings, broncos, eagles and cowboys are a much different schedule than the steelers, dolphins, jets, bills and redskins. In fact, the packers opponent record is 13-12 vs. the patriots opponent record of 5-18. We can knit pick the holes this team clearly has, but these numbers are very impressive.

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really great stuff, KyraReppe5. I could not agree more that these are super impressive numbers for the Packers through 5 games. Imagine, we have YET to put a complete game together. Difficult schedule, but they are 4-1, and still progressing.

On another note, how about the depth this team has shown? Z Smith went out 3 times, Savage went out, Gary went out, Linsley went out. This team still fared well to finish DAL out for the W.

Aaron Jones becomes only the 4th RB in the NFL since 1950 to post 100 yds + rushing, 75 + receiving, and 4 TDs in a game, joining Gale Sayers, Dub Jones, and Shaun Alexander.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see a complete, 4 quarter offensive onslaught GB has outscored opponents, in the first quarter, 42-3. MLF needs to bottle that magic & make every player have a drink at halftime ;) .

D

Deleted member 6794

These numbers are definitely impressive but don't tell the whole story about the Packers so far. They have to improve in several areas to be considered a legit contender.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Figure, too, our 4 Wins (should legitimately be 5) all came vs. teams ranked in the Top 10 for Red Zone Defense.

Pretty impressive thus far, with an offense still working the kinks out in a new scheme, under a rookie HC.

Another stat that I find interesting is that Jimmy Graham is the #6 ranked TE in the NFL, right behind Jason Witten according to Football Outsiders. While he’s had his miscues, he’s also delivered some crucial catches, and laid out 3 stellar blocks last week v. DAL.

Members online

Latest posts