2018 season so far.......

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two ugly wins
Two ugly losses
One impressive win
One frustrating tie

Too early to panic......besides it doesn't look like anyone is going to runaway in our division.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We suck this year and that's all there really is to it.
Maybe things will get better but who knows?
Right now we are struggling and it doesn't look like we are going to beat high caliber teams.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like the year we "back" into the play off's as a wild card, Bears win the division, and we went
all the way to the Big Dance and won the Super Bowl?????
That team never lost a game by more than four points, and never trailed by more than seven, for the entire season.
Besides, if the Bears win the division, I will puke.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That team never lost a game by more than four points, and never trailed by more than seven, for the entire season.

This is the critical difference between that team and other Packer teams of the last several years. Whatever magic MM did to have the 2010 team prepared to play a full 60 minutes each game, he lost it a long time ago and doesn't know how to get it back.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like the year we "back" into the play off's as a wild card, Bears win the division, and we went
all the way to the Big Dance and won the Super Bowl?????
It COULD happen again and since then during other seasons when we were a wild card or underdogs I've seen the similar posts such as yours.
"We got this because remember when...?"
It isn't fair to judge the future based on the past.
All we have is now and that is where I'm coming from.
And yeah, history repeats itself but we still have yet for recent Packers history to repeat.
None of us knows what's going to happen.
We will either be pleasantly surprised or let down yet again and right now I'm banking on the latter from seeing just how lousy they are so far.
Past Pack teams would have won with a bigger lead over the 9ers.
If it's that close then the current team is not showing me we will go deep in the playoffs.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was another team that had to lose that last week for us to get in. Can't remember who it was.

I think it was a win and in deal. Regardless, we went into the playoffs a red hot team. It's all about how you are playing at the end of the year

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a mediocre team even with Rogers. While they could get some things cleaned up and improve, they're not good enough to improve enough to get any Super Bowl this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe not, but most of us figured that going into the season. 2 year deal, but with some luck we could be in the mix

Reaction score
We won't sniff the SB this year, but we may be good enough to spoil or hurt playoff situations for other teams as the season goes on. At this point that is good enough for me.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Two ugly wins
Two ugly losses
One impressive win
One frustrating tie

Too early to panic......besides it doesn't look like anyone is going to runaway in our division.
The 2nd half of the Chicago game was impressive. The tie against the Vikings was maddening. Should have been a win. The loss to Washington definitely falls under the frustrating category. The Bills game was highly impressive from a defensive stand point, frustrating offensively. Detroit was frustrating on so many levels. And the 49ers game was very much a mixed bag, but last few minutes of the 4th quarter were the most encouraged I've been watching the team all year long. When the money was on the line, both sides of the ball came through huge.

I just hope that, some time in these next couple of games, the Packers put together 60 minutes in all three phases. Because I think if they can do that, we're going to be a very rock solid team.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We won't sniff the SB this year, but we may be good enough to spoil or hurt playoff situations for other teams as the season goes on. At this point that is good enough for me.

While it seems unrealistic that the Packers are a legit contender for the Super Bowl this season in my opinion the team is good enough to make the postseason. Who knows what happens if they get hot at the right time.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
When all is said and done, I feel like this team will be better than the 2016 team that made it to the NFC Championship game. We'll be stronger on defense, we'll have more of a running game, and our pass catchers are coming along nicely. We don't have Jordy anymore, but we didn't have him for most of the Giants playoff game and beat the Cowboys without him in the divisional round.

Basically, subtract Jordy and Cook and add in Graham and the emergence of some of these younger guys. Allison in an increased role. And again, Jones/Williams is a much better running tandem than anything we had in 2016.

So my point is that, as flawed as the 2016 team was, it went pretty far. To the captain's point, if you're one of the 6 teams in the NFC left standing after week 17, you have a shot. Especially with that #12 guy behind center.

Reaction score
While it seems unrealistic that the Packers are a legit contender for the Super Bowl this season in my opinion the team is good enough to make the postseason. Who knows what happens if they get hot at the right time.

I will say this also, I have said often that in todays game the QB matters less due to the rules in place that allow average QBs to be great. BUT I think to your point if we make it to the post season, that is where having Rodgers makes a difference. And he can turn it up another level that QBs like Cousins and Goff and Trubisky etc cannot (IMO). So you are right, if we squeak in, who knows!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two ugly wins
Two ugly losses
One impressive win
One frustrating tie

It is too early to panic - Especially in light of the fact that no one is running away with this division, at least so far. Green Bay is as good a bet as anyone to the best of this mediocre group.

The Rams and the Saints, to this point, look to be the cream of the NFC, and it seems likely the Eagles will come around at some point. Whether or not GB can compete with them is less certain.

Reaction score
I am still very puzzled by the media's obsession with picking the Vikings for everything. They do realize there is a good chance that their beloved Vikings could finish 3rd in the division behind GB and Chi right??? I would love for a 1. GB 2. CHI 3. Min :inlove:

D

Deleted member 6794

I will say this also, I have said often that in todays game the QB matters less due to the rules in place that allow average QBs to be great.

Rodgers, while on top of his game, still makes a huge difference compared to most other quarterbacks in the league. Unfortunately he hasn't performed at this level for at least part of some games this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought the Vikings needed to beat the Cardinals.. That could have been the Favre era... or Cards verse the Vikes.

The Packers needed the Cardinals to beat the Vikings in week 17 of the 2003 season to make the playoffs. Arizona won that game 18-17 on Nate Poole's touchdown reception on the last play of the game.

Members online

Latest posts