2018 draft pick.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about this. I don't want a 190 pound receiver that gets pushed all around the field without elite speed. See "Trevor Davis"

I want elite talent and develop it and coach it up. Isn't that the mantra? This isn't a Jeff Janis out of Saginaw state situation. Cobb was a QB in college. Jordy was raw too. So was Greg Jennings. All were far more raw then Parris IMO. There is track speed and then there is field speed. Parris has both. He has that ability to get to top gear in a matter of steps. I can't stop getting excited about what he could do in our offense with some coaching and developing. His size speed combo is off the charts.

We agree to disagree here.

Yeah. Ridley is pretty darn slow. Lol.

Look, Campbell isn't bad. He's not a first rounder. I probably wouldn't take him in the 2nd. Dynamic athlete, you have to scheme to get him the ball. He drops a lot of balls. He is not what I would consider a #1 WR, I think he's a gadget guy. As a returner, he's excellent.

Ummm...Nelson and Jennings were regarded as good route runners coming out of college, with good hands. Cobb was raw, but everybody saw he had good hands. Even Cobb is more of a gadget player, although he did become an excellent slot for a couple years. What they all had in common was very productive college careers. Campbell has had one fairly productive year. That concerns me tbh. Ridley is a lot better. Very similar to Amari Cooper.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Look, Campbell isn't bad. He's not a first rounder. I probably wouldn't take him in the 2nd. Dynamic athlete, you have to scheme to get him the ball. He drops a lot of balls. He is not what I would consider a #1 WR, I think he's a gadget guy. As a returner, he's excellent.

Ummm...Nelson and Jennings were regarded as good route runners coming out of college, with good hands. Cobb was raw, but everybody saw he had good hands. Even Cobb is more of a gadget player, although he did become an excellent slot for a couple years. What they all had in common was very productive college careers. Campbell has had one fairly productive year. That concerns me tbh. Ridley is a lot better. Very similar to Amari Cooper.

What kind of routes does Tyreek Hill run? Maybe ones to the "endzone"? :cool:

I want Parris in 2nd btw. I never said 1st round. R. Smith 1st round. catch up.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be fine but most mocks I see have him going top 10
Probably. There are off field/emotional issues as well as an old shoulder injury that may cause him to drop. But, he will probably test so well, it will be ignored. He will instantly be a difference maker and I'm going to hope.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Probably. There are off field/emotional issues as well as an old shoulder injury that may cause him to drop. But, he will probably test so well, it will be ignored. He will instantly be a difference maker and I'm going to hope.

His first step and burt is amazing.

Reaction score
Most mock drafts have 3 or 4 qb's drafted before our pick, we should be able to find a difference maker with our pick. I don't think there is a TE worthy of that high a pick. WR, DL, LB, CB, T, what is our biggest need and who is there at that pick? What positions are strong and which are weak in this draft? We have a bunch of picks, so I would like to see us move up in the second round.
I think It’s best available from Edge/OLB, WR, OL. Obviously if a guy like Saqoun Barkley was available we have to reconsider but I highly doubt he makes it out of the single digits.
The second round trade up is wise because it’s not nearly as costly as moving up first day draft. Lets the chips fall and still get an excellent player 1st day, then there’s almost always a couple of projected 1st rounders that slip early into the second and we should be aggressive and firm up Whatever position we didn’t take already and get our guy before a team like Chicago Beats us to it.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think It’s best available from Edge/OLB, WR, OL. Obviously if a guy like Saqoun Barkley was available we have to reconsider but I highly doubt he makes it out of the single digits.

Unless something crazy happens he isn't making it out of top 3 I'm seeing.

Reaction score
Unless something crazy happens he isn't making it out of top 3 I'm seeing.
Yeah he’s gone before we can even sniff his direction.
You mentioned Courtland Sutton and he has impressive film. He looks like an NFL ready WR and I think he’s our best chance as a round 1 pick in the receiver category. It’s strange he’s moved up and down the board depending. The thing that stands out is that there’s a stark dropoff after Ridley and Sutton on several mocks.
The good thing would be there is a solid chance that many teams look elsewhere position wise during the second half of round 1, which equates to some really good WR prospects that should fall into the 2nd round (ala James Washington etc..) should we wait.

It sure would be nice to get Aaron another target this year.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah he’s gone before we can even sniff his direction.
You mentioned Courtland Sutton and he has impressive film. He looks like an NFL ready WR and I think he’s our best chance as a round 1 pick in the receiver category. It’s strange he’s moved up and down the board depending. The thing that stands out is that there’s a stark dropoff after Ridley and Sutton on several mocks.
The good thing would be there is a solid chance that many teams look elsewhere position wise during the second half of round 1, which equates to some really good WR prospects that should fall into the 2nd round (ala James Washington etc..) should we wait.

It sure would be nice to get Aaron another target this year.

For me WR or a playmaker on offense is a priority. We saw in 2015(year Jordy got hurt) how the offense got stale. I almost see us in the same position now with everything riding on Devante. If he gets hurt were right back in the same challenge as 2015 in many ways.

I wouldn't be upset if they spent 3 of the first 4 Picks re-stocking the offensive shelves. It really depends though what happens in free agency and the final outcome there.

Yeah I like Courtland Sutton. Also like Parris Campbell and Troy Fumagalli on day 2. :whistling:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've painfully watched CJ Mosley, Ryan Shazier, Darron Lee and Hasson Red**** come off the board the last few years. We should have a shot at R. Smith. If he is there at 14 its a no brainer.
I've admittedly never watched him play but with Martinez playing well I'd rather take the best edge rusher available. There's good ilbs to be had in latter rounds. Tremaine Edmunds,

Is Christian kirk a gadget guy? I think you could use him in that way but I also think he could develop into a more explosive Greg Jennings type player with Rodgers. And Jennings was definitely the Packers unquestioned number 1 receiver for at least a few years. So does the new gm take kirk at 14 maybe? I'd prefer he slipped to the Packers at #13 in the 2nd round but idk from watching his highlights it sure looks like he'll be long gone. I'm thinking he's gonna test really well at the combine and on tape he's clearly a play maker whose game will translate to the NFL.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I've admittedly never watched him play but with Martinez playing well I'd rather take the best edge rusher available. There's good ilbs to be had in latter rounds. Tremaine Edmunds,

Is Christian kirk a gadget guy? I think you could use him in that way but I also think he could develop into a more explosive Greg Jennings type player with Rodgers. And Jennings was definitely the Packers unquestioned number 1 receiver for at least a few years. So does the new gm take kirk at 14 maybe? I'd prefer he slipped to the Packers at #13 in the 2nd round but idk from watching his highlights it sure looks like he'll be long gone. I'm thinking he's gonna test really well at the combine and on tape he's clearly a play maker whose game will translate to the NFL.

I'm fine with Edge Rusher if the right one is there like "Key". Martinez is good but probably maxed out already and isn't the best in coverage. Smith would be a huge upgrade the position has needed in years. Speed Speed and more Speed in the middle is what we need. ;)

I would take Campbell over Kirk but Kirk is no slouch either. Campbell appears to be the more fluid player and a tad taller. Plus He played in Big 10 so weather won't be as much as an issue. Might come down to personal preference or availability of who is still on board when Packers pick.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see GB go after another WR in the 2018 NFL draft. I'll be honest, I was rooting for TT to get fired; but that probably won't happen after Capers is reportedly getting the axe. Capers will be the scapegoat for the 2017 season debacle, and although not without reason, there was more wrong than just GB's defense. However, with TT looking to remain in place, I think TT will go all out on offense for this upcoming season...hell might as well. His picks have been more hit on offense than defense. Might as well build a an offensive sentinel (X-Men) cpaable of playing any style.

Anyways, I think with the 12th pick, GB should target a WR specifically. I was checking out http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php and Equanimeous St. Brown got my attention.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yeah gotta get at least one top receiver 1st-3rd round and I'd say another mid rounder 4-5. I like St. Brown in 2nd maybe and definitely in 3rd. I like Christian kirk, courtland sutton, Antonio Callaway, dj moore, simmie cobbs Jr, dj chark maybe James Washington kinda seems too much like Montgomery. A lot if these guys have great return potential as proven college returners and could knock trevor Davis off the roster which makes the team better as he's never gonna develop into even a good number 3 receiver and he makes poor decisions on Fielding returns as well as running out of bounds after ling returns doesn't have that instict or will or whatever it is to finish

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah gotta get at least one top receiver 1st-3rd round and I'd say another mid rounder 4-5. I like St. Brown in 2nd maybe and definitely in 3rd. I like Christian kirk, courtland sutton, Antonio Callaway, dj moore, simmie cobbs Jr, dj chark maybe James Washington kinda seems too much like Montgomery. A lot if these guys have great return potential as proven college returners and could knock trevor Davis off the roster which makes the team better as he's never gonna develop into even a good number 3 receiver and he makes poor decisions on Fielding returns as well as running out of bounds after ling returns doesn't have that instict or will or whatever it is to finish

I agree. Trevor Davis should go. I think this is his 3rd or 4th year and his decision making hasn't progressed. I also agree with targeting at least two receivers in this upcoming draft. Not a 1st rounder, but 2nd-4th round is cool.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was his 2nd, but he didn't improve at all. Poor decision making repeatedly in special teams all year long and the effort I saw on a deep ball against the Vikes was non existent

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's look at recent drafts. I picked 2014 at random, it was 4 years ago, pretty recent.

2014:
Dix: Good
Adams: Excellent
Thornton: Bad
Rodgers: Ok
Bradford: Bad
Linsley: Excellent
Abbrederis: Injury prone, never worked out.
Goodson: never worked out
Janis: Good

2015:
Randall: I think he's good, at worst, average.
Goodson: bad
Monty: Good
Jake Ryan: Good
Hundley: Obviously not a good player, but it was a 5th round pick. Not too concerned.
Ripkowski: good pick
Ringo: never did anything
Backman: never did anything

2016:

Kenny Clark: Excellent
Spriggs: Ok pick
Fackrell: Awful
Martinez: Very good
Dean Lowry: Good
Trevor Davis: not great
Kyle Murphy: good pick

2017:

Too early to tell.

Later round picks have some not good players. That's normal. If we miss on a 5-7 round guy, I'm not concerned. Rarely get hits there. Picks like Thornton, Goodson, Bradford, Fackrell...those hurt. Overall, still got good value throughout the draft, imo. I certainly wouldn't call it bad.

Due to the nature of the salary cap, hitting on picks in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds is how you win Championships.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't the scheme. I'd argue that hyde was just as good for Green Bay as he was in Buffalo this season. Yeah he got 2 more picks than last season but he played more too. As for Hayward he was miscast as a slot only corner when apparently he's best on the outside

I think we're saying the same thing. Due to the coaching staff, neither player was used correctly in Green Bay. Hyde never really got a chance to play safety (now a 2nd Team All Pro in Buffalo) and Hayward was never allowed to play outside (now a 2nd Team All Pro in LA).

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just watching YouTube highlight videos and because I don't watch college football litrerally at all Ive never seen a saquon Barkley run. Wow haha he hadn't even crossed the line of scrimmage on the first run I saw and dudes obviously 100% the Packers pick at 14 if by some miracle he fell there. Honestly I'd trade up to get him imagine Aaron Rodgers getting to finish out his career with that guy as his running back wow

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was just watching YouTube highlight videos and because I don't watch college football litrerally at all Ive never seen a saquon Barkley run. Wow haha he hadn't even crossed the line of scrimmage on the first run I saw and dudes obviously 100% the Packers pick at 14 if by some miracle he fell there. Honestly I'd trade up to get him imagine Aaron Rodgers getting to finish out his career with that guy as his running back wow

The Browns seem to really like Barkley, but in Cleveland Browns fashion, they can't even get posting a Tweet correct!

"In a tweet about Barkley on Friday night, the Browns used a photo of Nittany Lions’ safety Jonathan Sutherland — who also happens to wear No. 26 — instead of one of the Penn State star."

http://www.austin360.com/sports/col...-about-saquon-barkley/jBLTbTQHemUBime9i03pKK/

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I know taking a defensive player in this draft is likely ideal, considering the QB feeding frenzy that may develop with a heavy portion of the top 13 in a position to take a QB early. That could leave the packers with a top 2-5 defensive player in the draft. With that said, call me crazy. But I really like The WR out of SMU Courtland Sutton. Then look for pass rusher in the 2nd. CB in the third (or vice versa depending on who is out there). Then Troy Fumagalli in the 4th. Thoughts? Am I crazy?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not against a receiver but I prefer Christian Kirk i think he's a faster Greg Jennings a perfect fit for McCarthy s offense. He can take a go route a slant or a wr screen to the end zone from anywhere on the field. Courtland sutton looks pretty good too I just don't think he's as good after the catch and I'd be a little worried about his speed you can see Kirk is fast and he's playing sec competition, sutton doesn't look fast and his playing much lesser competition

Members online

Latest posts