2017 roster cuts

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

RB Kalif Philipps is the first player the Packers have cut before tomorrow's deadline.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

According to rumors the Packers might place Montravious Adams on injured reserve.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
According to rumors the Packers might place Montravious Adams on injured reserve.

IR with a designated to return label would make a lot of sense given that Price and Ringo have both looked worth keeping, and both would offer a lot more immediately than Adams.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jeremy Zuttah cut by the Ravens. He's probably not the answer, but he played center for quite a while in this league.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

IR with a designated to return label would make a lot of sense given that Price and Ringo have both looked worth keeping, and both would offer a lot more immediately than Adams.

Teams don't have to designate the player they want to bring back from injured reserve in advance anymore. In addition they're allowed to reactivate two players from IR this season.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

OLB Jonathan Calvin is the next player the Packers have released.

EDIT: Demovsky erred on that one, Calvin hasn't been cut but might end uo on the practice squad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Vikings released T.J. Clemmings. He isn't going to help the center depth, but he's a pretty talented guy that the Vikings couldn't ever develop.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Teams don't have to designate the player they want to bring back from injured reserve in advance anymore. In addition they're allowed to reactivate two players from IR this season.

Interesting. I knew about the second returnable player, but I didn't realize there doesn't have to be a designation.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting. I knew about the second returnable player, but I didn't realize there doesn't have to be a designation.

The league already changed that rule for the 2016 season. The Packers definitely wouldn't have designated Makinton Dorleant as the player to return from injured reserve if they had to do in advance last year.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have released another player in offensive lineman Thomas Evans.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The league already changed that rule for the 2016 season. The Packers definitely wouldn't have designated Makinton Dorleant as the player to return from injured reserve if they had to do in advance last year.
Wish I could have clicked the funny and agree button on that one lol

H

HardRightEdge

Jeremy Zuttah cut by the Ravens. He's probably not the answer, but he played center for quite a while in this league.
I believe McCray makes the roster as the backup center who can also back up a OG.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I believe McCray makes the roster as the backup center who can also back up a OG.

Lucas Patrick cleared the concussion protocol today, making it a possibility he ends up being the backup center entering the season as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Safety Aaron Taylor joins the list of players having been cut by the Packers.

Reaction score
The WR cuts are going to be one of the toughest decisions to make. I can easily see one of our bubble WR's getting stripped from our practice squad and activated on someone's 53.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts