2017 Practice Squad Predictions

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks Cheeseheads, I love Brian Price he will look nice with a star on his helmet. I hear he has plenty of upside and we could use the help.

Just don't let him get suspended down there! :eek:

You may have gained Reese2017 as a Cowboy fan too.....Reese2017.....meet Johneric8

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Where's all those WRs?
Currently unemployed. What a deep group of WR's we had ;) I am shocked not one was claimed off waivers.

I predict Michael Clark and McCaffrey will be signed. Dupre and Yancey may be SOL or next guys up for us or another team.

Glad to see Gilbert resigned. We may need his depth.

Sky King

Reaction score
Currently unemployed. What a deep group of WR's we had ;) I am shocked not one was claimed off waivers.

I predict Michael Clark and McCaffrey will be signed. Dupre and Yancey may be SOL or next guys up for us or another team.

Glad to see Gilbert resigned. We may need his depth.
If they still have a choice between all four it may be revealing which ones TT and staff will decide on keeping.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they still have a choice between all four it may be revealing which ones TT and staff will decide on keeping.

I would place them in this order.....my opinion of course. With only 4 spots left, I don't see the Packers signing more than 2 of them.
  1. McCaffrey
  2. Clark
  3. Yancey
  4. Dupre

Sky King

Reaction score
I would place them in this order.....my opinion of course. With only 4 spots left, I don't see the Packers signing more than 2 of them.
  1. McCaffrey
  2. Clark
  3. Yancey
  4. Dupre
It it was an emergency and I needed a WR to play next week I would take McCaffrey, first, then Yancey - in that order. Otherwise, if it's strictly a look-down-the-road D&D situation I would probably go with Yancey then Clark. There shouldn't be any doubt McCaffrey is the most ready to go right now.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Confirmed to Packers’ Practice Squad
Former Packers signing with other teams’ practice squads
Former Packers claimed off waivers and placed on 53 man
  • QB Taysom Hill — Saints
  • DL Brian Price - Cowboys
Losing price is a real bummer. Of course the cowboys had to be the ones to get him... crap.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey stupid keep four 3 tech guys expose clerk he gets hurt then what you play
I completely agree with you Reese. GB just doesn't value the trenches, dline, and the big nose, like they should. It's all about speed, and olbs. Which doesn't work imo, without those big boys up front doing the hard jobs....
I been complaining for years. They took a step in the right direction from extra olbs to 3-4 DE. But still don't I've the quality nt s needed imo.
Price was a valuable piece. So was Guion... drives me nuts.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
interesting... OLB still seems thin to me even if and when Brooks gets added.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT obviously thinks Odom adds more to the group than Elliott did, so have to trust that CM3, Perry, Brooks, Odom and Fackrell in whatever combinations Capers dreams up are NFL-ready.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with you, been saying that for awhile and really it's only as thin as Perry and CMIII's health and productivity. If those 2 can stay healthy, Perry repeats his 2016 performance, Clay somehow plays up to his contract and Brooks pitches in, we will be solid. But that is a lot to hope for IMO and not much behind it if it fails.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
WR Malachi Dupre will not be returning to the #Packers on the practice squad, according to a source. He is looking elsewhere at this point.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers announced the team has signed the following players to their practice squad:

G Kofi Amichia, CB Donatello Brown, QB Joe Callahan, WR Michael Clark, LB Reggie Gilbert, DT Izaah Lunsford, LB Derrick Mathews, G/T Adam Pankey, S Jermaine Whitehead and WR DeAngelo Yancey.

Sky King

Reaction score
WTF? Where's McCaffrey?
Lot's of fans may be wondering that. Hopefully, no WR goes down in game 1. But if that happens and McCaffrey should still be available I would not be surprised if he was claimed for the 53 ahead of the other two that are already on the PS. He seems to be the most ready to go by a fair margin - and certainly more ready than Clark by a wide margin. Well down the road maybe not.

I'm also surprised they took Amichia over Gray. He looked lost most of the time he was playing. Plus, they still could use an experienced backup center and guard. The two they kept looked real shaky at times.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Answers own question... McCaffrey is on the Saints PS, now. :(
Makes sense.....they claimed Hill off waivers and he immediately gave them the skinny on McCaffrey. ;)

It's funny though, as much as I like McCaffrey, if I had to pick between Michael Clark and McCaffrey, I probably would have picked MC for the future, you can't teach size.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts