2016 Training Camp - Reports, Comments and Related Banter

OP
OP
4zone

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After we finally get to see them tonight I will

Otherwise Janis seems to be carrying the offseason and should we or should t we sign more TEs seems to be trying a comeback, but after tonight, we should have more to talk about
Hopefully, injuries is not included in those topics tomorrow.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have a cite for the IR move or is that your guess as to what might happen?

I could see Janis going on IR, but I highly doubt he'd return from it. Since only one player can come off IR, I can't see them using it early in the season on a WR who doesn't contribute a lot.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see Janis going on IR, but I highly doubt he'd return from it. Since only one player can come off IR, I can't see them using it early in the season on a WR who doesn't contribute a lot.
He was very good on special teams, and I think TT and MM value that more than most fans. He had a very productive last game at WR and you hope that was a sign that he turned it up a notch. But where he lacked at WR was attitude. To be aggressive in going after the ball. I was hoping his performance in Arizona gave him the confidence to be more assertive. Didnt see any sign of that so far this season. Not sure where that all puts him on the depth chart but I wouldnt be surprised if he hangs around this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

IR Designated to Return... I guess we keep 6 at least now.

The league changed the rule for 2016 so teams don't have to designate the player they want to return from injured reserve in advance but are allowed to have one player come back after eight weeks during the season. I highly doubt the Packers want to use it on a special teamer though.

But where he lacked at WR was attitude. To be aggressive in going after the ball.

Janis completely lacks understanding of the playbook and constantly runs wrong routes. That's what's holding him back as a receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
From the article: "Cobb also had some time in punt return drills, probably out of necessity thanks to the loss of Janis."
Stupid line from a drop in at practice wannabe reporter. I don't recall Janis being high on the depth chart for punt returner. More like Cobb keeping in practice to be available if needed. If the season started Sunday my bets would be on Hyde, Cobb, Abby as the PR depth chart.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid line from a drop in at practice wannabe reporter.
Any info. on practices is better than no info. Thanks to those who are going to practices and commenting and these links are very welcome, too. I'm out of state and can't get to practices OR get the preseason games on TV, so these reports and observations are ALL I have to go on until the real action starts.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any info. on practices is better than no info. Thanks to those who are going to practices and commenting and these links are very welcome, too. I'm out of state and can't get to practices OR get the preseason games on TV, so these reports and observations are ALL I have to go on until the real action starts.

No information is better then misinformation.

Which is what that report was spreading by implying Janis had punt return responsibilities

OP
OP
4zone

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good night for the guys overall. Some bad plays, and some stupid (spelled Datone Jones). Spriggs got his undies torched a few times but I expect he will use it to make himself better. Great punts by the Rookie. Bad blocking by Gunter, sorry, 'no blocking' by Gunter. Callahan had some nice shake and bake and some good throws. I like his upside. I think Janis absence on ST was evident today. Coverage overall wasn't as good but had a few good plays too. Overall, they are looking serious this year. Now, can they keep the 'hunger' all year?

Members online

Latest posts