2016 Training Camp - Reports, Comments and Related Banter

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The McGinn&Cohen podcast, they both said he didn't quite take the jump they were looking for. Apparently Rollins looks fantastic though.

just limit the injuries to the guys since they are no doubt to have a great year with the talent on the team. rollins is no exception.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't Randall been playing slot so far this camp? He's probably just getting used to it.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't Randall been playing slot so far this camp? He's probably just getting used to it.

Take the reporters opinions with a grain of salt. Could be that they want Randall inside where his size physicality and safety background could pay dividends.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams struggles were mostly of physical nature, he has a far better understanding of the team's playbook than Janis.

He had a lot of mental mistakes last season, the back shoulder throws were a problem with him throughout his season. I would say it was as much a pressure/mental issue as well as a physical thing.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I´ve read about Spriggs so far is that he struggled in pass blocking drills against Matthews and Peppers.

Just the blurb I got that from was after the first day. That seems to be backed up by todays morning practice blogs on the JS. He moves very well and looks like a natural LT. I'll have some time back in the office to see if I can find the link.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Randall and Rollins have been playing both in the slot as well as on the outside throughout camp.
It's part of a plan to increase their skill set.

I attended today's (Saturday) practice and both looked pretty good.

One other thought from today's practice is that Jared Abbrederis will more than likely make the
team. He had three TD's during a red zone drill and all three were somewhat difficult catches.
His touchdowns included a diving catch, a tipped ball and a leaping catch in traffic.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall and Rollins have been playing both in the slot as well as on the outside throughout camp.
It's part of a plan to increase their skill set.

I attended today's (Saturday) practice and both looked pretty good.

One other thought from today's practice is that Jared Abbrederis will more than likely make the
team. He had three TD's during a red zone drill and all three were somewhat difficult catches.
His touchdowns included a diving catch, a tipped ball and a leaping catch in traffic.

How about Davis, hope you saw him enough to make an analysis. If so, is he adjusting or is he having slippery fingers and trouble with running routes?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like Abby might have a break out year. I know it's still early but what Abbredris showed last season by prior to and making that spectacular catch which plowed him into earth that put him on the DL list isn't any short of amazing and surprising given that this guy has a lot of untapped talent. With the addition of the star receiver, Nelson, I think the two to watch this year might be Abber and Nelson with Cobb being in the spectacular spectrum as a slot receiver.

Might have to put in an order for jersey 84. Just sayin', you guys!

OP
OP
4zone

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams may have glitched out a few times as a very young WR... But I think last years woes were due to 3 injuries... He might bounce back in a huge way. Then all the Adams bashers will be eating humble pie.
I like guys who come in hungry. I'm not seeing the hunger in Adams. It's an attitude thing and when you've disappointing, you want a guy who has a huge chip on his shoulder and is out to prove the world wrong. Not seeing that from Adams and it's worrisome. I don't think he's got nearly as much cushion as he thinks, or at least plays like. It would be great if the light bulb comes on for him, but I'm not seeing it yet and time is running out.

OP
OP
4zone

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worried about Ty-Mon, it's an awful long time for an ankle sprain. Sounds like it was real bad and you got to wonder if maybe they IR him for the season. Hate to see him lose a career over it. Hope it's just a precaution...But if he isn't practicing by the second pre season game then all bets are off or this season.

I like the idea of Cobb in the back field, Ty-Mon, Nelson, Abby and Davis on the line. Whoa, now that's a scary thought.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like guys who come in hungry. I'm not seeing the hunger in Adams. It's an attitude thing and when you've disappointing, you want a guy who has a huge chip on his shoulder and is out to prove the world wrong. Not seeing that from Adams and it's worrisome. I don't think he's got nearly as much cushion as he thinks, or at least plays like. It would be great if the light bulb comes on for him, but I'm not seeing it yet and time is running out.

Odd to post on the day in sounds like Adams had a really good practice. Most places i have seen have he looked solid. I could try to find it again but i read that davis and abby have looked great and adams has looked really good as well barring the one bad practice

D

Deleted member 6794

He had a lot of mental mistakes last season, the back shoulder throws were a problem with him throughout his season. I would say it was as much a pressure/mental issue as well as a physical thing.

Adams didn't run a ton of wrong routes last season though but wasn't able to separate from defensive backs and dropped too many balls. The mental part of it was him losing confidence.

According to Ryan Wood of the GB Press Gazette, Jason Spriggs is 8 - 0 so far in the
one-on-one blocking drills.

I'm not sure where Wood has that numbers from as Spriggs admitted losing to both Matthews and Peppers during the first practices of camp.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/388579971.html

Worried about Ty-Mon, it's an awful long time for an ankle sprain. Sounds like it was real bad and you got to wonder if maybe they IR him for the season. Hate to see him lose a career over it. Hope it's just a precaution...But if he isn't practicing by the second pre season game then all bets are off or this season.

The doctors cleared up cartilage damage during Montgomery's surgery as well and it wasn't held until late December.

I agree though that I'm concerned about him as well as Barrington still not being able to practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure where Wood has that numbers from as Spriggs admitted losing to both Matthews and Peppers during the first practices of camp.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/388579971.html

The doctors cleared up cartilage damage during Montgomery's surgery as well and wasn't held until late December.

I agree though that I'm concerned about him as well as Barrington still not being able to practice.

Spriggs may have been beaten in the 11 on 11 drills by Peppers and Matthews. Usually the one on one drills
are more challenging, but I could not find a complete list of defensive players he has faced in the one on one
drills. I'm guessing it does not include Peppers and Matthews, but I do believe it includes Perry, Fackrell and
Elliot.

FWIW a local Green Bay news station has a nightly training camp report and both Ty Montgomery and TJ
Lang were interviewed the other day and sounded optimistic that they would be able to practice soon.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Davis, hope you saw him enough to make an analysis. If so, is he adjusting or is he having slippery fingers and trouble with running routes?

Davis lined up both outside and in the slot during Saturday's practice and looked pretty smooth in his route
running. He had a nice catch on a crossing route. Not sure if it was by design, but most of Saturday's
passing routes focused on short yardage situations so I didn't see very many go routes, etc that would
have showcased his speed. A good portion of the practice also focused on red zone plays.

One other thing to note is this time of training camp there are so many players on the roster that it is
very difficult for one player to stand out, especially receivers as everyone is getting some playing time.

Stoft63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Came up to Green Bay Friday and watched practice Saturday. Janis struggled yeserday. Still way to early to map anything out. Can't wait for family night tonight.

OP
OP
4zone

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odd to post on the day in sounds like Adams had a really good practice. Most places i have seen have he looked solid. I could try to find it again but i read that davis and abby have looked great and adams has looked really good as well barring the one bad practice
Haven't heard a lot of positives about Adams but I haven't read everything either. If he's getting things going then that would be good news.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have them going tonight that's for sure. He had 3-4 plays that he could have set a nice tone for the season. He pretty much missed them all. Not giving up on him, but it isn't what I wanted to see at all.

Rodgers obviously believes in him, he keeps giving him chances that's for sure.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have them going tonight that's for sure. He had 3-4 plays that he could have set a nice tone for the season. He pretty much missed them all. Not giving up on him, but it isn't what I wanted to see at all.

Rodgers obviously believes in him, he keeps giving him chances that's for sure.

doesn't look good for Adams. he had couple of passes that should have been caught. abby is a shoo in for sure and I think janis might take it from adams.

Members online