2016 Training Camp - Reports, Comments and Related Banter

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone's got a thread going for this year's camp yet so thought I'd get the ball rolling. If there is one, my apologies for wasted digital ink. If not, all is good. Anyone who is on the ground and has eyes on current practice events, anyone with comments or musings about what they see or hear going on, let er rip. We've been waiting a long time for this so let's not waste any more time. Fire away!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
heard the rbs stayed after to do some receiving drills. Hopefully this is the year we see Starks complete some RB streaks...

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clark needs to step up and show why they drafted him 1st Rd. His matchup in the HOF game should be fellow Rookie Ryan Kelly outta Alabama. Who will be a very very good center i believe, think Travis Frederick center for Dallas. If Clark can make some plays in the backfield and hold his own at the line I'd be impressed.

D

Deleted member 6794

Clark needs to step up and show why they drafted him 1st Rd. His matchup in the HOF game should be fellow Rookie Ryan Kelly outta Alabama. Who will be a very very good center i believe, think Travis Frederick center for Dallas. If Clark can make some plays in the backfield and hold his own at the line I'd be impressed.

I'm not sure Clark will start in the HOF game. After him missing most if the offseason practices the Packers are bringing him along slowly and have worked him with the second team defense so far. The target is to have him ready to play in the season opener.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure Clark will start in the HOF game. After him missing most if the offseason practices the Packers are bringing him along slowly and have worked him with the second team defense so far. The target is to have him ready to play in the season opener.
That would be surprising if he doesnt start 2 preseason games.

D

Deleted member 6794

That would be surprising if he doesnt start 2 preseason games.

With the Packers having five preseason games this year it's possible to bring Clark along slowly. I expect the coaching staff to reduce Pennel's snaps later in the preseason because of his suspension, clearing the way for the rookie to start.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
any reports of any packers who don't know how to ride a bicycle? they better start practicing before the opener because it would be a very comedic/sad sight seeing some big guy on a girls bike swerving right and left and then finally tipping over resulting in a career ending injury.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis off to a good start and impressing coaches(very fast, sticky hands, etc) Hopefully this isn't a double-take of what we saw of Adams.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davis off to a good start and impressing coaches(very fast, sticky hands, etc) Hopefully this isn't a double-take of what we saw of Adams.

We'll have to see what he does in game situations. Adams was a good depth guy who wilted under pressure, he might turn into a good one yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't put too much stock into Davis shining over the first two days of camp as the Packers weren't even practicing in pads.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock into Davis shining over the first two days of camp as the Packers weren't even practicing in pads.

just saw the camp highlights from their first padded practice. In the highlight you see Davis was thrown a pass that would have been caught had Gunter not interfered. Just sayin'. :whistling::roflmao:

Btw it's all in gist. Would be stupid to put your money down on the table before testing the product.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting re-excited about Nick Perry. Glowing reports on him now that he's finally, actually healthy.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like adams is still struggling. was the bar set too high for this guy or is it just a slump that has been carried over from last season? I hate to suspend any positive expectations before going further into the season but the psyche can do many things to the most able-body player to screw him in the worse way. IF it's mental the guy better over come it or else janis/davis will take his place.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm getting re-excited about Nick Perry. Glowing reports on him now that he's finally, actually healthy.

The early reports out of camp have me excited about Perry as well. Currently the Packers use him ahead of Peppers on the first team defense opposite of Matthews.

seems like adams is still struggling. was the bar set too high for this guy or is it just a slump that has been carried over from last season? I hate to suspend any positive expectations before going further into the season but the psyche can do many things to the most able-body player to screw him in the worse way. IF it's mental the guy better over come it or else janis/davis will take his place.

Nelson not being able to practice as well as Adams and Janis struggling early in camp has me concerned about the outside receivers as of now.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The reported weight is 5 pounds lighter, he could have been a little overstuffed playing here. Even at 260 he still looks cut and bulky.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The staff likes what they're seeing from Clark and Spriggs. Spriggs moves and recovers well but right now he's just a backup. He needs a full off season in the weight room.

D

Deleted member 6794

The staff likes what they're seeing from Clark and Spriggs. Spriggs moves and recovers well but right now he's just a backup. He needs a full off season in the weight room.

The only thing I´ve read about Spriggs so far is that he struggled in pass blocking drills against Matthews and Peppers.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing I´ve read about Spriggs so far is that he struggled in pass blocking drills against Matthews and Peppers.

I read that they like how he moves and how he recovers whence initially beat, but that there's a definite strength deficit. He's a high value pick because of potential , if he can put on 10+ pounds of lean weight, keep his movement/agility, he'll be a steal. His performance so far is about where they expected him to be when they picked him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts