2016 opponents

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for anyone who is curious, we can already piece it together in its entirety, this is IF we win the division :

2x vs. Bears
2x vs. Vikings
2x vs. Lions
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins
Eagles
Cardinals
Panthers
Titans
Colts
Texans
Jaguars

If we lose the division to Minnesota, replace the Cardinals with the Seahawks and the Panthers with whoever finishes 2nd in the South.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East is rough? I'd say it's probably the best draw of the 3 options. Dallas should be much better though.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC East is rough? I'd say it's probably the best draw of the 3 options. Dallas should be much better though.

Dallas will have Romo back. Giants can beat anyone anywhere at any time. Philadelphia can play with anyone when they're clicking, see win in Foxborough, they just aren't consistent yet and maybe never will be. And none of these 3 is even leading the division!

Some might look at the records in that division and conclude they all suck. I don't see it that way at all. I think they are all good enough to beat anyone. To me, that's a much tougher division that playing a division with maybe 1 very good team, 1 good team, and 2 stinkers like the nfc south or west.

Sky King

Reaction score
The way things have been going for Romo with injuries the past few seasons he may not be a factor, especially later in the season. Father Time has been tapping him on the shoulder recently. Too bad, he's fun to watch.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way things have been going for Romo with injuries the past few seasons he may not be a factor, especially later in the season. Father Time has been tapping him on the shoulder recently. Too bad, he's fun to watch.

Weird time in football with so many premiere quarterbacks at the end of their days.
Peyton, Brady, Brees, Romo, Palmer... think they're all over 35. Rivers and Eli are up there too.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll make an early prediction of 11-5 or 10-6 but could be 12-4 or better or even 9-7 worse. I think I'll be spot on. I'll be bringing this post up around this time next year.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not who you play, but when you play them. The Panthers had the NFC East and AFC South this year. In addition, they are the only team in their division that has a winning record. Therefore they have only played two teams this season that currently have winning records, the Packers and the Seahawks. 14-0 is impressive, but they have certainly benefited from a favorable schedule. Chances are we won't be so fortunate next season. I expect some of these teams to improve and some of these teams have been hit hard by injuries at key positions (Cowboys, Colts).

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just for anyone who is curious, we can already piece it together in its entirety, this is IF we win the division :

2x vs. Bears
2x vs. Vikings
2x vs. Lions
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins
Eagles
Cardinals
Panthers
Titans
Colts
Texans
Jaguars

If we lose the division to Minnesota, replace the Cardinals with the Seahawks and the Panthers with whoever finishes 2nd in the South.
The Bright side. Home games. Dallas, Giants. NFC West, Houston, Indy.

Away games will be Skins, Eagles, NFC South, Jacksonville and Titans.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Drools at this schedule.......if it was 2015.

So hard to predict the strength of a schedule this far out. Any one of those teams (besides the Vikings and Bears :cool:) could be Super Bowl contenders next year. Also depends on when you get them. But on the surface......who wouldn't want the NFC East, Jaguars, Titans, Colts and Texans on their schedules?

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drools at this schedule.......if it was 2015.

So hard to predict the strength of a schedule this far out. Any one of those teams (besides the Vikings and Bears :cool:) could be Super Bowl contenders next year. Also depends on when you get them. But on the surface......who wouldn't want the NFC East, Jaguars, Titans, Colts and Texans on their schedules?

Tough to say. The Colts should be better, I think we can all agree there, assuming they have a healthy Luck back. The Texans. ..I don't know. It's hard for me to see them bring better than average until they figure out their QB situation. They might be in the market for Cousins or Fitzpatrick if available this offseason.

The Jaguars and Titans have some big holes...BUT, it's a division of young, ascending QBs that could improve their respective teams in a hurry. We'll see.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been drooling over this schedule since the Packers offense decided the season was only six games long. I'm hoping the Packers stay healthy next year and spend a few dollars to get better because the AFC South is the worst division in football and the NFC East is the definition of mediocre. I realize a lot can change in one year, but I don't see things changing to the point where the Jags, Colts, Titans, Texans, Redskins, Giants and Eagles are world beaters. Plus, Chicago radio is talking about the Bears parting ways with Cutler and starting new. A 5-win team the Pack play twice a year might actually get worse.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, you almost guarantee something between 0-16 and 16-0? :)

Gee, when you put I like that it makes me sound kind of wishy washy. OK, no almost about it. I guarantee something between 0-16 and 16-0. That's my rock solid prediction.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Bright side. Home games. Dallas, Giants. NFC West, Houston, Indy.

Away games will be Skins, Eagles, NFC South, Jacksonville and Titans.
Jacksonville in late November or December will be the radio guys designated roadtrip game. Like Arizona this season. Anyplace not cold late in the season.

Members online

Latest posts