2016 Cut-downs

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Sitton gone? How would this move a week before kickoff help the Packers win? There goes out SBLI chances. Front 7s are going to eat us alive now.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Sitton gone? How would this move a week before kickoff help the Packers win? There goes out SBLI chances. Front 7s are going to eat us alive now.

I bet no team has ever had no chance at a Super Bowl due to not having a pro bowl guard. That's quite an exaggeration.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone with any insight into this? I get not resigning him with next year's cap but not right now. I know his back is an issue but with a bad back he is still better than most guards

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no need to overreact but I wonder who will be starting at left guard moving forward. I don't feel comfortable with Taylor getting the job.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet no team has ever had no chance at a Super Bowl due to not having a pro bowl guard. That's quite an exaggeration.

You must have closed your eyes all during last season. Watch Packers at Arizona for a glimpse of what's to come. Guess TT knew that Rodgers wasn't going to have protection from this move and kept Callahan as insurance in case Hundley got injured as well. This team is screwed. Better luck next season.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just guessing on this, but I'm wondering if his back isn't "responding" to treatments and he informed TT that he wanted to retire. He stated in the offseason that it wasn't structural and no long-term nerve issues... but that he wouldn't have surgery on his back while he was still playing. Wonder if he's looking long term and decided he'd had enough?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton being cut makes sense if Linsley is healthy and either HE or Tretter can move to guard. Otherwise I can't explain this.

D

Deleted member 6794

Anyone with any insight into this? I get not resigning him with next year's cap but not right now. I know his back is an issue but with a bad back he is still better than most guards

Several posters pointed out all offseason that the Packers will have some tough decisions to make because of extremely limited cap space next offseason. This is the first one.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must have closed your eyes all during last season. Watch Packers at Arizona for a glimpse of what's to come. Guess TT knew that Rodgers wasn't going to have protection from this move and kept Callahan as insurance in case Hundley got injured as well. This team is screwed. Better luck next season.

Yeah....let's just agree to disagree. No reason to spend more time arguing about this.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several posters pointed out all offseason that the Packers will have some tough decisions to make because of extremely limited cap space next offseason. This is the first one.
Why NOW and not at the end of the season? How does the $6.85Mil cap savings this year help GB win the Super Bowl?

If TT is trying to trade him he's obviously not looking to retire. :tdown:

D

Deleted member 6794

Why NOW and not at the end of the season? How does the $6.85Mil cap savings this year help GB win the Super Bowl?

It doesn't help the Packers win the Super Bowl in 2016 but results in the team having an additional $6.55 million of cap space next offseason.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What in the world is going on with this Sitton news? Something has to be wrong with him, right?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well yeah but that doesn't make this move seem like less of a WTF moment when they could've just let him walk next offseason

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't know the inside details but this has me shocked. Everything was looking so promising.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A source close to ILB Sam Barrington said the Packers have told Barrington he is being released. Team has made no announcement.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well yeah but that doesn't make this move seem like less of a WTF moment when they could've just let him walk next offseason

That wouldn't have resulted in any cap savings though.

Need cap space for what? To sign more Lane Taylor's?
Unless it's his back, this move makes no sense.

Take a look at the team's impending free agents for next offseason to get a better understanding.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wouldn't have resulted in any cap savings though.

Take a look at the team's impending free agents for next offseason to get a better understanding.
No sale, Cap. Unless there's some strange thing we're not aware of, this makes no sense. Indefencible, including from a cap standpoint.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barrington actually makes some sense to me. He wasn't that great before his injury. Martinez and Ryan have jumped in front of him. He could have stayed as depth but Barrington is a two down line backer.

Sitton still blows my mind. He must have lacked strength or something after the back injuries. I would be more okay with it if linsley was healthy or Spriggs was a guard

Members online

Latest posts