2015 Womens World Cup (Canada)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I`ll record it....lol ;), but that didn`t sound as dramatic.
:D Think I'll watch the highlights of the game at the office. I wonder what team I should root for ? Japan....just to tease Bundesbiers. Come on Japan ! :cautious::D
Btw - the "real final" is now on Saturday, 9/10 pm our time. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

:D Think I'll watch the highlights of the game at the office. I wonder what team I should root for ? Japan....just to tease Bundesbiers. Come on Japan ! :cautious::D

Very true. And I have to be honest, I will be rooting for Japan because they are a true football team. So disciplined.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I am genuinely disappointed that we got knocked out, but so proud of our girls getting as far as they did. I think the final is going to be worth sitting up late for.

And once again the Brits (and Aussies) need the U.S. to rescue them from Japan. :sneaky::eek::D

I

And once again the Brits (and Aussies) need the U.S. to rescue them from Japan. :sneaky::eek::D

I see you`re feeling better ? :rolleyes: AND I would point out you`ve been supporting Germany all through this World cup !!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

We got this. I really wanted to see USA vs England. Feel bad for Laura Bassett and she looked devastated, but these things happen.

Last 3 major tournaments (WWC 2011, Olympics, and WWC 2015) have had the same 2 teams in the final. USA vs Japan. Quite extraordinary.

The USA will set a new record if they hold Japan scoreless in the first 28 minutes. We haven't allowed a goal since our first group stage game against the Aussies.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got this. I really wanted to see USA vs England. Feel bad for Laura Bassett and she looked devastated, but these things happen.

Last 3 major tournaments (WWC 2011, Olympics, and WWC 2015) have had the same 2 teams in the final. USA vs Japan. Quite extraordinary.

The USA will set a new record if they hold Japan scoreless in the first 28 minutes. We haven't allowed a goal since our first group stage game against the Aussies.
Quite impressive stats, I think the US team might be slight favourites now ? However, how often did the US team win Womes World Cup so far ? Who are the record champions ?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How`d that work out for YOU ????? :D

Since tomorrow is the celebrated Independence Day here in the U.S., I would like to respond to your comment. To paraphrase the movie "The Patriot"; we gave up one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can.:oops:

Last edited:
I

Since tomorrow is the celebrated Independence Day here in the U.S., I would like to respond to your comment. To paraphrase the movie "The Patriot"; we gave up one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can.:oops:

I`ll throw all my tea in the canal as a gesture of goodwill. ;)

I

Please don`t do serious. You throw me when you do serious :sick:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched that flick again last night for the umpteenth time. Always something new to see.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Quite impressive stats, I think the US team might be slight favourites now ? However, how often did the US team win Womes World Cup so far ? Who are the record champions ?

USA - 2 World Cups
Germany - 2 World Cups
Norway and Japan with 1

With a win, the USA will have the most.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
3rd place match ready to start. I will be true to my word to Croak. I will root for the Germans in the 3rd place match. :D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Cmon Germany. The Brits are used to being beat on the fourth of July!

Ouch. I can't believe that Anja Mittage, Annike Krahn, and Alexandra Popp are not in the starting lineup. What are they doing?

I

Silly silly girl ! And what was Popp getting involved for ??

Members online

Latest posts