ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, Brady, Palmer, Julio Jones, and AP

Its extremely early but should be another fun race for the leagues MVP

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will more than likely be neck and neck between Rodgers and Brady. But the more Ii think about it, I don't know that anyone will be able to top Brady. The reason being that the Patriots feel slighted by the deflategate nonsense and will be on a mission to prove it means nothing. So basically it will be a long season of the Pats throwing the ball nonstop and running up the score on everyone they can which means the great possibility of ridiculous stats for Brady ala the 2007 season.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now it should be Carson Palmer hands down. I'm sorry, I love Rodgers and I'm pretty sure Palmer will fall off as the year progresses, but show me a player more important to his team than Palmer right now. The Cardinals have a historic point differential through three games with Palmer. Without Palmer last year, the Cardinals looked like the Panthers...and with their third QB they looked like the Florida Gators (I should know, I had to suffer through that the last couple years).

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If the Packers win another title, I really don't care who wins MVP.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now it should be Carson Palmer hands down. I'm sorry, I love Rodgers and I'm pretty sure Palmer will fall off as the year progresses, but show me a player more important to his team than Palmer right now. The Cardinals have a historic point differential through three games with Palmer. Without Palmer last year, the Cardinals looked like the Panthers...and with their third QB they looked like the Florida Gators (I should know, I had to suffer through that the last couple years).

Because the packers have looked so good without Rodgers in the past

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Palmer needs to make it through the entire year before we worry about him. And as stated above, without Rodgers, we are a .500 team. Without Brady, the Pats went 11-5, although both teams are different now. Let's just get to the end of the season before we worry about three week wonders and see where everything lands. It is a long season and many things can happen. Also, like stated above, when we win SB 50, I won't care who wins MVP.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't get hurt they might as well award it to Rodgers now. He's going to get it anyway.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

k

aaron rodgers

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
k

aaron rodgers

Tough to dispute that well-reasoned response but I'll do my best....

How is he MORE important? Keep in mind that the Cardinals were the best team in the NFC last year before Palmer went out, just like the Packers with Rodgers. Palmer can't keep up his level of play but right now he is and the Cardinals look like the best team in the NFL. Now, the Cardinals haven't exactly played a difficult schedule, but they've DOMINATED those teams they've played. As of right now, there are three great QBs in the NFL right now: Brady, Rodgers and Palmer.

A different topic but tangential to this discussion is that of those three teams with great QBs, the Cardinals look the best, you can't really dispute that based on what they've done. In 2005 Football Outsiders did a study that showed that dominant wins against great teams are more indicative of an elite team than close wins against quality opponents (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2005/fo-fox-guts-and-stomps). The Cardinals have a +77 point differential right now, that's insane (for comparison the Pats are second at +49 and the Packers are fifth at +28). In an MVP discussion, if various players are close to one another, then the award generally goes to the best team. The Cardinals have looked like the best team. I fully expect that to change going forward but as of right now, I would think Palmer would be in front due to his team's dominance.

Reaction score
MVP would be cool. But I'm with TJV, I think if AR stays healthy and takes care of business.. It's very likely we'll see a 1996 rematch. May the best QB win

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Would be awesome for Rodgers to get MVP and SB MVP, been a while since someone had both. Think last time Brady won the MVP Rodgers got SB MVP, something I'd be happy with too. Thing right now that puts Rodgers over Brady in my opinion is Brady has Gronk, his favorite receiver, Rodgers had Nelson, and now is working with above average but not Nelson for receivers. Want proof of Rodger's greatness this season, look at Jones and the comments about him.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Rodgers. Packers are a sub .500 team without him.

Let me back that up. Packers record when Rodgers does not play. 3-5-1.

Last edited:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Rodgers. Packers are were a sub .500 team without him.

Let me back that up. Packers record when Rodgers does did not play. 3-5-1.

Corrected that for you.

Including stats that date back to the 2013 season has very little bearing to what the team hypothetically would be today should Rodgers not play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers. Packers are a sub .500 team without him.

Let me back that up. Packers record when Rodgers does not play. 3-5-1.

The backup situation was a complete mess during the 2013 season though. The Packers are in a far better position right now with Tolzien having been in the system for more than two years and Hundley.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP = Adrian Peterson?!?!?!

The only MVP he is getting is for Most Violent Parent.

Its rare but Im not ready to discount him as he is leading the league in yards at this point and looks like he is back to his usual dominate self

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
talking about how important carson palmer is to the cardinals is fine. and it might be true that his team would be the worst off for losing their best player. but that's not what the award is for. the award is for the most valuable player in the league. not the player most indispensable to their own team. awarding carson palmer for the reasons you lay out doesn't work sunshinepacker. If that were the case, it would essentially penalize the MVP candidates that play on solid teams.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Corrected that for you.

Including stats that date back to the 2013 season has very little bearing to what the team hypothetically would be today should Rodgers not play.
Right......Because one of the QB's responsible for two of those five losses is the current back up QB for the Packers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts