2014 v. 2015 Roster Comparison

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2014 Opening Day Players No Longer On Roster

QB Matt Flynn (not currently on a NFL team) [I MAY HAVE MISSED SOME PICKUPS WITH ALL THE FLURRY OF ACTIVITY, SO CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG ABOUT PLAYERS MAKING TEAMS]

RB DuJuan Harris (not currently on a NFL team)

WR Jarret Boykin (not currently on a NFL team), Jordy Nelson (the biggest roster loss)

TE Brandon Bostick (not currently on a NFL team), Ryan Taylor (not currently on a NFL team)

T Derek Sherrod (not currently on a NFL team)

ILB Brad Jones (Philly backup), AJ Hawk (Cincy starter?), Jamari Lattimore (Jets backup), Carl Bradford (Packer practice squad)

CB T. Williams (Cleveland starter?), Davon House (Jax starter), Jarrett Bush (not currently on a NFL team)

Current Projected 2015 Opening Day Roster Additions

QB Brett Hundley

RB Alonzo Harris, Aaron Ripkowski

WR Myles White (or James Jones), Ty Montgomery

TE Kennard Backman

T Don Barclay

G Josh Walker

DL Bruce Gaston, BJ Raji

ILB Jake Ryan, Nate Palmer

CB Quinten Rollins, LaDarius Gunter, (CB/S) Damarious Randall

7 of the 14 players from last year’s roster are not currently on NFL rosters and 4 others made up one of the worst groups of inside linebackers ever collected in one place, so the Packers really got rid of a lot of dead wood since the end of last season. Really, the only worthy players from 2014 who are not on this season’s roster are JORDY, TRAMON, and DAVON HOUSE.

Hopefully, Heyward and the youngsters (Rollings, Randall, and Gunter) can make up for the loss of Tramon & House. Hopefully, Adams, Montgomery, and Janis can somewhat makeup for Jordy’s absence.

Outside of CB & WR, the roster looks deeper and more complete than this time last year. (Though outside of Clay, the ILBers are still not much).

Members online

Latest posts