2014 schedule

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How or under what circumstances, besides the division games, determines the other opponents?
Does the NFL try to be fair at all to weaker teams while giving stronger teams more of a challenge?
What is behind the thinking of setting up a team's schedule?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
We versus one NFC (South East West) set on rotation, an AFC (South, East, West, North) set on rotation, then the two teams left out of the NFC set that had our divisional rankings. For example we are ranked 1 in the NFC North so we play NFC West Champ, Seattle and East Phillidelphia. And thats as far as the schedule as I remember off the top of my head. It looks like we are going against the NFC South this year for NFC rotation, and East for AFC rotation.

And we swap for home field with what was last scheduled on rotation for NFC and AFC division games. I forgot how it works for divisional games with same rankings.
2010 we played in NE
2014 we versus NE in GB.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll have our O-line fixed, our D fixed, and (and guys, help me get this going on twitter!) we will get #14in2014

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, New England, NY Jets, Philadelphia

Away: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Seattle

Thoughts?

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I believe this thread already exist. Nice try though. Don't be alarmed if it gets combined.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got the game but not the location:
Home Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, New England, NY Jets, Eagles
Away Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Miami, Seattle
I need so flight connections.
I need to get hired by American Airlines or Southwest.
Dammit.

I can get tickets to the Bills game free.... I will go there if it's a Sept or Oct game.
Would LOVE to go to Miami, and Tampa Bay, and let's hope both teams are bad next season so games still don't sell out there.... making tickets easier to come by and more Cheeseheads there.
I hope those are December games. Our 2 road games! How cool would that be, PackerNation just takes off in the whole month of December.

Here's one more: SUPER BOWL IS IN ARIZONA.
I expect us to be there. Playing. Winning.

Next year: 8-0 at home, 5-3 on the road.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Next year: 8-0 at home, 5-3 on the road.
You see three road losses? I see maybe one at home and one or two at most on the road. I expect to sweep the division again. Also sweep the non-playoff teams and go .500 against the teams in this seasons playoffs.
A halfway decent defense should be able to hold serve against Carolina and Seattle offenses with our offense being able to win a shoot out with Philly, NO, Atlanta.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see three road losses? I see maybe one at home and one or two at most on the road. I expect to sweep the division again..
Road losses in Seattle and New Orleans.
And one more they should win but give away as they did in Cinci last season when Rodgers threw 2 interceptions in the 2nd half to allow us to blow a sizable lead after our defense forced like 4 turnovers in a row or something like that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You have a problem with me? Just send me a private message.

I didn`t have a problem with you. Don`t worry if I do I`ll let you know personally. YOU questioning HIM about a sense of humor amused me.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's a fairly tough road schedule. The Bills are a tough matchup if Manuel stays healthy. They weren't bad this year until the stretch run. NO and Seattle are great home teams, Miami was pretty tough this year even with the huge distraction they had. Tampa Bay is a wild card. I imagine Lovie Smith will bring some stability there.

That said, I'll be disappointed if we don't win 5 or 6 road games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone going to try and go to any roadies next year?

If I wasn't married, I would be going to Tampa Bay, Miami, and Buffalo, and probably New Orleans since it's drivable.
But being married, and not as much spending $, I will just make Buffalo probably.

Great hire for the Vikings, getting this guy Zimmer. Dang.
We knew he had a good defense there, with some castoffs at CB like Terrance Newman and Adam Pac Man Jones the past 3-4 years, but I love this intensity.
Hope he's not a good HEAD coach though.
They also hired N0rv Turner as their OC, which A) is a good hire and B) will make Aikman love the Vikings now.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The 2014 Schedule has been out for some time. Yet this forum has not found the energy to update the Schedule page in this forum. This site will swell in the next few weeks , so let's get ready.

The Packers face a challenging season . Many issues will be discussed and debated , may we all be tolerant, courteous, and friendly with each other. Seattle will be the first and maybe the toughest test.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to Rodgers against our young and journeyman corners. Our DL must manhandle your OL for us to stand any chance Week 2.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think that's a fairly tough road schedule. The Bills are a tough matchup if Manuel stays healthy. They weren't bad this year until the stretch run. NO and Seattle are great home teams, Miami was pretty tough this year even with the huge distraction they had. Tampa Bay is a wild card. I imagine Lovie Smith will bring some stability there.

That said, I'll be disappointed if we don't win 5 or 6 road games.
Kiko down, count them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts