Week 2: (Aug. 14-18) @Rams
Week 3 (Aug. 22): vs. Raiders
Week 4 (Aug. 28): vs. Chiefs

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the Packers preseason schedule for 2014:
Week 3 (Aug. 22): vs. Raiders
James Jones, Charles Woodson (also CJ Wilson) come back to Green Bay.
That's a great game to go to for the fans because those guys, first 2 especially, are beloved.
Forever.

Preseason sucks, but the 3rd game is always the most real fake one.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than injuries, preseason is nothing more than scrimmages, charged at full price. Biggest ripoff in professional sports.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had season Seahawks tickets just so I could go down and see a game or two especially of course the Packer games. I always got rid of every regular season ticket for face value or higher (or my kids who lived in Seattle used them) pre season game tix I just donatd to boys and girls club, come to think of it that's what I did with the tix my kids used too! Pre season is a gigantic yawner.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than injuries, preseason is nothing more than scrimmages, charged at full price. Biggest ripoff in professional sports.

I am not a season ticket holder so I have not been forced to pay full price for preseason games, in fact I believe I've only been to 2 of them and the tix have been given to me. I completely understand this argument and it is a joke that they are full price. I used to never even make it a point to watch the preseason games outside of the 3rd game because of the quality of the product. As I've gotten older though and really started to follow every single aspect of this team (all offseason moves, draft, camps etc.) which I didn't do when I was younger, I've grown to appreciate watching all preseason games because it gives you a glimpse into the future of this team. You are able to see how the young guys are developing, how the incoming crop of draft picks might handle life in the NFL, watch players play that previously I could have cared less about because more then likely they weren't going to be apart of the starting 22 on that 1st Sunday of the season. All of that being said, I can watch all of them for free from the comfort of my own home and not for the $3-400 it's going to cost me and my girlfriend to make the trip up to Lambeau when you figure in tickets, gas, food, and ofcourse some cold beverages.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We give our preseason game tix away, and when we can't find anyone who wants them we return them to the Packers for them to sell or give away. There really is little demand for them on the secondary market. In fact, the rare tix that we've given to the Packers to sell during the regular season often sell at less than face value, if they sell at all. A couple of years ago our tix to the Lions game at the end of the season went unsold through the Packers. There may be 100,000 people on the season ticket waiting list, but the market for tickets seems to be leveling off. The yearly increase in ticket prices may be part of it, but the fact is that for many people it's more enjoyable to watch in the comfort of their own home. I think Mark Cuban may be right about the NFL's gradual demise in the next decade.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Except for the price, I don't mind going to the preseason games. The crowd is more family friendly in that there are many more children in attendance. (also the eye candy weather is nicer) It is easier to take the smaller kids. I left once just after half and got in my car just as a torrential deluge hit. Didn't mind missing the rest of the game as a cold wet 4-year-old would have put a damper on it anyway.

Members online