2013 Schedule Looks Tough

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well the schedule is tough but the rest of the division has to play the same teams with the exception of SF and ATL. I think a tough schedule will be good for us. Harden the team before the playoffs and find out if our D will really improve as much as I believe it will. Lets hope the injury bug decides to land in SF next year.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home wins: bears, lions, vikes, browns, eagles, steelers

Home lose (maybe) Skins

Away wins: Dallas, bengals, SF (revenge time bit*hs), bears, lions, vikes

Away loses: Ravens, NYG

hopefully 13 - 3 season, but flukes will be there, so about the same or slightly better than this year.

We WILL beat steelers in GB this year, they are old farts on defense and are slowing down and losing people on offense.....their rain of terror offically ended this season, time for them to rebuild.

Revenge against SF? You mean like we were supposed to do against the NYG? We got *****-slapped. Can't count on us to do any better in SF next year.

Ravens don't worry me nearly as much. Their defense is old. Lewis is gone. I see losses to SF, NYG, MIN away. After that it gets harder to predict. DET away, WASH home, BALT away, DALLAS away will all be tough games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a day that was. Couldn't make SF last week, just as well as it turns out, but I will Def be there for next years game.
That day, despite a few small drizzles, was spectacular, and the whole tailgate-fest was ALL THANKS to you RCC! Forever will remember and appreciate ALL that you did... for weeks and months, and then you and your better half that whole weekend!

The Packers were on top of the world at that point in time. Wish it had lasted a bit longer... but if the defense can rise up, here we go.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a tough schedule,but like us teams will be moving on, from players to coaches,and we have a very good defense when healthy,and I would like us to play 9ers or giants when they have all their players healthy that's a match up I really don't like picking wins right now for that reason,it depends on that first game and if the team can keep going strong you never know from game to game who will be playing Dallas will Romo be their q.b. I always feel the pack should always win no matter who they play.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
If we don't make the mandatory changes on the defense to toughen those guys up and play more physical then none of it will really matter. This team WILL make the playoffs again, it's what we do in the divisional round (yes we'll get the 1st round bye) and on that matters. If Ted/MM prep this team to beat the Niners then wins against the other tough teams will happen. Having said that, I'm looking forward to the Ravens game and hosting Atlanta for certain, it's been a while since the Falcons have been up here in the regular season.

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeez, the Giants again. :eek: NFC East and AFC North, plus 49ers and Falcons. A lot of rematches next year. Our "grudges" are obvious, but think how the Cowboys must think, after having been utterly humiliated in Green Bay in 2010. Not to mention the Falcons and the Steelers. I hope the "birds" go to Green Bay in the Winter... :sneaky: I agree it's a very tough schedule. The Eagles and the Steelers should be stronger next season, the Giants and the Redsking will remain difficult. I need not mention the 49ers and the Ravens, even without Ray Lewis. The "easiest" prospects should be the Bengals and the Browns. I don't know what to make of the Cowboys, as they're very irregular. The NFC North should be a more competitive division too. The Pack have to move up a gear, otherwise it could fall behind the competition in its division.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Home wins: bears, lions, vikes, browns, eagles, steelers

Home lose (maybe) Skins

Away wins: Dallas, bengals, SF (revenge time bit*hs), bears, lions, vikes

Away loses: Ravens, NYG

hopefully 13 - 3 season, but flukes will be there, so about the same or slightly better than this year.

We WILL beat steelers in GB this year, they are old farts on defense and are slowing down and losing people on offense.....their rain of terror offically ended this season, time for them to rebuild.

You seriously believe it will be revenge time against 49ers ??? unless we seriously turn our defense around, I think it will be another whupping in store. Sorry, just my opinion

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You seriously believe it will be revenge time against 49ers ??? unless we seriously turn our defense around, I think it will be another whupping in store. Sorry, just my opinion

Yes i do, if you play a team enough times in a short time span, you tend to figure them out. Besides, when we played houston, they had a good offense and a highly rated defense and we stomped a mud hole in those clowns. It can be done, we have proved that we can beat teams with good defenses and offenses. It is the player execution at the right time that matters. If the crappy rams can beat SF once and tie them once, we should be able to beat them as well.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, except about tending to figure out a team if you play them enough. We never figured out the Cowboys in the early-to-mid 90s, and the 49ers never figured out the Packers in the mid-to-late 90s. The table was only turned once the dominant team faded. We could go back and forth with examples, but there is no given logic either way.

I whole heartily agree that we should be able to beat them. The frustrating thing about Green Bay's 2012 season was not a soft defense, an ineffective running game, or the inability of our WRs to get open against dime defenses. It was that we showed those weaknesses at the wrong times in the wrong games. All of our losses, except the Giants, came at the hands of playoff teams.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yes i do, if you play a team enough times in a short time span, you tend to figure them out. Besides, when we played houston, they had a good offense and a highly rated defense and we stomped a mud hole in those clowns. It can be done, we have proved that we can beat teams with good defenses and offenses. It is the player execution at the right time that matters. If the crappy rams can beat SF once and tie them once, we should be able to beat them as well.

but surely working out a teams strategy works two ways Osh, they will have worked US out too ? Sorry Bud, I just think its a bit optimistic to think with what we have at the moment, we could seriously stick it to them. I`m not trying to be negative here, just realistic. I totally agree that on any given Sunday/Monday, anybody is capable of victory, but I just think that at the moment we are not up to the job IMHO.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but surely working out a teams strategy works two ways Osh, they will have worked US out too ? Sorry Bud, I just think its a bit optimistic to think with what we have at the moment, we could seriously stick it to them. I`m not trying to be negative here, just realistic. I totally agree that on any given Sunday/Monday, anybody is capable of victory, but I just think that at the moment we are not up to the job IMHO.

They lost to Minnesota. I think the spread would be about 5, should be a great game.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a lot of work to do if they are going to figure out the 49ers by next season. They weren't even close to doing so 11 days ago.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a ton of question marks that cannot be predicted right now:

- What if the Packers play Washington opening night and RGIII isn't fully recovered yet? Does Cousins or an injured RGIII scare you?

- What if Flacco leaves the Ravens or holds out? His contract situation is nasty... Is he worth a max deal? Will he appreciate the franchise tag?

- What happens if Tony Gonzalez and Michael Turner both leave the Falcons?

The Packers just have to be consistent and win ten or eleven games.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a lot of work to do if they are going to figure out the 49ers by next season. They weren't even close to doing so 11 days ago.

They need A LOT of work to beat San Francisco. If Kapernick gets on the field and sees Erik Walden at outside linebacker, he's going to start drooling.

OP
OP
13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our off season(and theirs) will have a lot of bearing on these matchups. This will be one of our biggest off seasons in my opinion.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we get to play:

BOTH Super Bowl teams from this year

The other team in the NFCC game this year

RGIII

Eli Manning IN New York AGAIN

An emerging, and very dangerous Bengals team.

I better not hear ANY one say that we have a cake schedule. Ever.

Hopefully Tony Uh-oh will be QB for the Cowboys game. That is always a big game for my family, as my father in law is a HUGE life long Cowboys fan and I am...well...duh a huge, life-long Packers fan. Last time we played them, did we win 45-10 or somesuch? I don't remember too many specific plays from that game but I DO remember him getting up and playing a game on his computer as I cheered and cheered and cheered all night, and all season long.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts